PDA

View Full Version : ESPN and NFL Network talking partnership!

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2008, 11:47 AM
NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL Network and Walt Disney Co.'s ESPN are in talks about a partnership, a person familiar with the talks told The Associated Press.

The person requested anonymity because the negotiations are ongoing.

A deal could end a long standoff between the league and cable carriers, some of whom said the NFL was asking them to pay too much for its programming.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/06/20/nfl.network.espn.ap/index.html

Whoa! That would be great for some of us who don't get NFL Network! :bf1:

Mitchy moo
06-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Hopefully the Bills get real good and mix that with this news and we can have like 24 / 7 Bills coverage / Bills overload.

gr8slayer
06-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Don't do it, make those non-DirecTV people suffer.

LtFinFan66
06-21-2008, 12:45 PM
:rofl:

Michael82
06-21-2008, 01:00 PM
I knew they would cave eventually. It made no sense for the NFL to continue to be such greedy bastards with their demands, especially when the channel is nothing special.

Michael82
06-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Plus rumor has it that they were losing money by not being on Cable.

The Spaz
06-21-2008, 01:14 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The Spaz
06-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I knew they would cave eventually. It made no sense for the NFL to continue to be such greedy bastards with their demands, especially when the channel is nothing special.

Yet you ***** that you don't have it.

gr8slayer
06-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Mikey, everyone to you is a greedy bastard. It's called capitalism, making $$$$

Mitchy moo
06-21-2008, 01:16 PM

Viva la capital.

LtFinFan66
06-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Mikey, everyone to you is a greedy bastard. It's called capitalism, making $$$$exactly!!

gr8slayer
06-21-2008, 01:35 PM
exactly!!
It has to be a Buffalo thing; I've never seen more people who think everyone else is out to get them and **** them.

casdhf
06-21-2008, 01:39 PM
It's not Buffalo, it's ******ed people in general. No offense, Mike.

LtFinFan66
06-21-2008, 01:42 PM
:lolpoint:Mikey

Michael82
06-21-2008, 02:17 PM
apparently it's not making the NFL money if the Cable companies aren't buying it. :yawn:

theanswer74
06-21-2008, 02:32 PM
What would this mean for TV viewers?

The Spaz
06-21-2008, 03:23 PM
apparently it's not making the NFL money if the Cable companies aren't buying it. :yawn:

It's certain cable companies. I had Comcast cable and they had NFLN. I just got Directv today so I really don't care anymore...lol. NFL Ticket baby!!:)

OpIv37
06-21-2008, 03:26 PM
It's certain cable companies. I had Comcast cable and they had NFLN. I just got Directv today so I really don't care anymore...lol. NFL Ticket baby!!:)

welcome aboard! Sunday Ticket is the greatest thing ever, especially if you're out of market.

Michael82
06-21-2008, 03:35 PM
welcome aboard! Sunday Ticket is the greatest thing ever, especially if you're out of market.
if you're in the right market, it's not needed that much. :up:

lordofgun
06-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I just ordered Sunday Ticket and got Superfan free!!

The Spaz
06-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I just ordered Sunday Ticket and got Superfan free!!

Tell me how!! I mean I just got it today hook me up bro!:)

lordofgun
06-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Tell me how!! I mean I just got it today hook me up bro!:)
Well I called during the draft when they were having a special, but they weren't able to activate it then because of some technical issues. So I called back today and got it. But since you just got DTV, you might be out of luck.

I've heard of people calling and complaining and getting it for free though. If I were you, I'd call and tell them that you ordered all these HDTV channels and you just found out that you won't be getting any of the Sunday Ticket in HD unless you spend another $100? Act outraged and threaten to cancel because no one told you before you ordered it and you'll likely get it for free.

I know I have read threads where people have received it free several years in a row by doing what I said above.

W1DER1GHT
06-21-2008, 05:56 PM

Who needs the Sunday Ticket when you go to all of the home games, and you live in Western New York, so all of the away games are on TV!!!:dance:

lordofgun
06-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Who needs the Sunday Ticket when you go to all of the home games, and you live in Western New York, so all of the away games are on TV!!!:dance:
I like watching at home on my plasma better.

Michael82
06-22-2008, 12:44 AM
I like watching at home on my plasma better.
*GROAN*

OpIv37
06-22-2008, 01:36 AM
last year I threatened to drop Superfan- they didn't give it to me free but I was able to get it half price.

lordofgun
06-22-2008, 07:08 AM
*GROAN*
Sorry, but I'm not driving 14 hours round trip to the ralph every home game.

BlackMetalNinja
06-22-2008, 09:10 AM
In a few sweet hours I will be able to enjoy the DirecTV goodness as well.

The Spaz
06-22-2008, 09:11 AM
In a few sweet hours I will be able to enjoy the DirecTV goodness as well.

:up::party::beers:

PECKERWOOD
06-22-2008, 02:02 PM

That doesn't stop me from buying it. I watch all the games on Sunday during Bills commercial breaks.

BAM
06-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice!

I've already got it but that's cool to see. Maybe they'll switch up their graphics a little bit. That dull boring blue scheme has run its course IMO.

TigerJ
06-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Now watch, Time Warner will try to package ESPN with The Curling Channel and charge a premium price for it. When ESPN won't go along, Time Warner will kick them off and replace it with 24 hour bumper bowling.

If anyone has a difficult time reading my feelings about Time Warner, here's a clue: I think it blows diseased snot.

mikemac2001
06-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey anyone notice how most NFL videos on espn.com send you to NFL.com is that new....i just noticed it after this post

also

Sorry, but I'm not driving 14 hours round trip to the ralph every home game.

Ya but saying you would rather watch it on your plasma then being there is kinda lame...i think thats where mikey was heading

Id rather be at the stadium but i can usually only make it once a year but i love the experience more then sitting at home.

But obviously your not gonna drive to every game....so thats why plasma is better

Marvelous
06-25-2008, 08:13 PM
This would be bad news for me..I have D-tv STR8^ because i amnot local. & i get NFL in HD & i'm perfectly content... So if it aint broke....

---BTW----Direct TV is not as giving as they used to be...I had to pull teeth to get a free DVR & it's not even a HD.. SO it had to go in bedroom...BAH... So ive lost some confidence in btching & complaining to get my way with D-tv...I moved and got Comcast till the season starts. I also stopped paying D-tv and they turned it off last week. I woe them two months payment. ABout $100. But the wife hates Comcast. Eevn with Comcast best package in HD. So D-tv here we go...It's just that dmn dish is sooo big.. Like 5 times the size of all the other D-tv dishes..lol

superbills
06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Now watch, Time Warner will try to package ESPN with The Curling Channel and charge a premium price for it. When ESPN won't go along, Time Warner will kick them off and replace it with 24 hour bumper bowling.

If anyone has a difficult time reading my feelings about Time Warner, here's a clue: I think it blows diseased snot.

Haha. I wouldn't be surprised. It's not NFL Network's fault that the Cable carriers are stupid and they have to charge people ridiculous prices because of their shoddy business decisions. Even Verizon has the NFL Network on its Fios TV offering. Folks in Orchard Park, Hamburg and West Seneca should be able to have that choice as well starting in October.