X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Lee Evans

Recently, there’s been much debate about the importance of singing Evans to an extension. Personally, I think signing Evans is key to the Bills future success. I feel he’s an elite talent. His numbers haven’t been great, but he’s played with some pretty bad QB’s and horrible offenses. Following are Evans numbers compared to some other current and former greats through their first four seasons:

Player Games Rec Yards Avg TD’s

Evans 64 233 3727 16.0 29
    Moulds 62 181 2935 15.0 18
    A. Reed 58 229 3096 13.5 22
    Roy Williams 55 245 3652 14.9 28
    Fitzgerald 60 330 4544 13.8 34
    Harrison 60 311 4141 13.2 33
    Owens 62 222 3307 14.9 30
    R. Moss 64 308 5396 17.6 53
    R. Wayne 61 221 3109 13.9 23
    C. Johnson 60 282 4124 14.3 25
    T. Holt 64 306 5088 16.6 23
    J. Rice 60 264 4881 18.6 49

Rice, Holt and Moss put up monster numbers their first four years. Not many receivers are going to compare favorably to those guys. Evans numbers compared to everybody else on this list are fairly comparable. However, other than Moulds and Roy Williams, I don’t think anybody could argue that the other receivers on this list played with much better QB’s on much better offenses.
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Lee Evans

Sorry for the poor format. It didn't look that way when I submitted it. Note to self, use 'Preview Post' in the future.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
      I feel he’s an elite talent.
      For some unknown reason, there are those here who refuse to believe that.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian
        For some unknown reason, there are those here who refuse to believe that.

they only see the nos. THey can't see what went on behind those nos.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

With a more stable QB situation, better offensive schemes, and another WR to take some of the heat off of him, Evans could have monster numbers.

I don't understand, either, why he is so underappreciated by so many.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            With a more stable QB situation, better offensive schemes, and another WR to take some of the heat off of him, Evans could have monster numbers.

I think some perceive Evans as not being a team player because he wasn't excited when the Bills named Edwards the starter last year. I mean, gosh, most WR's are thrilled when a rookie is starting. Evans didn't really make much of a fuss, but some posting here wanted to turn him into T.O. or C. Johnson.

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Look at what braylon edwads did to us in CLE i want evans to show up like that...thats my only problem some games he just disappears maybe its the qb or the scheme but damn it seems like he has alot of 3 cat games

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Evans is one rung below the elites. He has trouble with constant double coverage, but he can beat anyone one-on-one. He's my top offseason priority, and the offense would be stalled without him.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Chris Chambers has put up about the same numbers with worse QB's. We know how most Bills fans feel about him.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    Chris Chambers has put up about the same numbers with worse QB's. We know how most Bills fans feel about him.
                    Chambers numbers his first four years are similar, however Evans' are slightly better. Chambers had a very good fifth year, but hasn't done much since. I can't speak for "most Bills fans", but Chambers has been a decent player. I feel Evans' best years are still ahead of him and will put up number significantly better than Chambers. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Evans is an elite talent and should be the Bills priority #1 right now, over Peters, Crowell...anyone. He's our most talented player on the roster.

Numbers don't tell his story. He's been underutilized his entire time here, due to rotating QB's and poor playcalling. I can count on 1 hand the WR's in the NFL who can open up 5 yards of seperation with the ball in the air. He's one of them. If he's even, he's leavin'.

I can hardly wait to watch him this season, hopefully with a new deal.

Sign Evans ASAP.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Thanks...but stats dont mater.....it is all how you feel.

Originally posted by mayotm
                        Recently, there’s been much debate about the importance of singing Evans to an extension. Personally, I think signing Evans is key to the Bills future success. I feel he’s an elite talent. His numbers haven’t been great, but he’s played with some pretty bad QB’s and horrible offenses. Following are Evans numbers compared to some other current and former greats through their first four seasons:

Player Games Rec Yards Avg TD’s

Evans 64 233 3727 16.0 29
                        Moulds 62 181 2935 15.0 18
                        A. Reed 58 229 3096 13.5 22
                        Roy Williams 55 245 3652 14.9 28
                        Fitzgerald 60 330 4544 13.8 34
                        Harrison 60 311 4141 13.2 33
                        Owens 62 222 3307 14.9 30
                        R. Moss 64 308 5396 17.6 53
                        R. Wayne 61 221 3109 13.9 23
                        C. Johnson 60 282 4124 14.3 25
                        T. Holt 64 306 5088 16.6 23
                        J. Rice 60 264 4881 18.6 49

Rice, Holt and Moss put up monster numbers their first four years. Not many receivers are going to compare favorably to those guys. Evans numbers compared to everybody else on this list are fairly comparable. However, other than Moulds and Roy Williams, I don’t think anybody could argue that the other receivers on this list played with much better QB’s on much better offenses.
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• BuffaloBills28
                          • May 2008

If you put evans on a team that utilizes his talents he would be a top 5 wide reciever year in and year out besides randy moss, braylon edwards, fitzgerald who are more gifted (size) lee evans is just as good if not better than any other WR in the league period.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Lee's numbers are skewed because JP never threw the ball to anyone else but him.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

lee evans is already my favorite wr in bills history. i love that he is a hard worker without the flash.. he isnt a showboat.. not that being a showboat isnt sometimes good for a team.. but i just like the way lee carries himself.

i never liked moulds much after he spit on someone.. and i soured on reed after the way he left the bills and all the **** he talked.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X