PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports: Bottom 10 - The best of the worst

The Answer
06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8249926/Bottom-10:-The-best-of-the-worst

3) Marshawn Lynch: Oh, this guy's sooooo outta luck the next time he needs a favor from his teammates or someone in the Buffalo Bills front office. Lynch has said less than Jimmy Hoffa since the May 31 hit-and-run accident involving his vehicle in Buffalo. Frustrated by the silence, the district attorney has served three players and two executives, including chief operating officer Russ Brandon, with subpoenas in order to get someone to say what everyone already strongly suspects: Lynch was driving the SUV. A case that was once shaping up to be two trips to court and a $500 fine for a Class A misdemeanor is getting worse by the day for Lynch and his friends, with 89-year-old owner Ralph Wilson still at risk of being dragged before the grand jury to help unravel the mystery. I'd love to hear Lynch's defense for why the NFL shouldn't sit him down for eight games (at a cost of $182,500 in salary), but he, of course, isn't talking.

~The Answer

blackonyx89
06-23-2008, 11:21 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8249926/Bottom-10:-The-best-of-the-worst

3) Marshawn Lynch: Oh, this guy's sooooo outta luck the next time he needs a favor from his teammates or someone in the Buffalo Bills front office. Lynch has said less than Jimmy Hoffa since the May 31 hit-and-run accident involving his vehicle in Buffalo. Frustrated by the silence, the district attorney has served three players and two executives, including chief operating officer Russ Brandon, with subpoenas in order to get someone to say what everyone already strongly suspects: Lynch was driving the SUV. A case that was once shaping up to be two trips to court and a $500 fine for a Class A misdemeanor is getting worse by the day for Lynch and his friends, with 89-year-old owner Ralph Wilson still at risk of being dragged before the grand jury to help unravel the mystery. I'd love to hear Lynch's defense for why the NFL shouldn't sit him down for eight games (at a cost of $182,500 in salary), but he, of course, isn't talking.

~The Answer

I love # 5 Kobe Bryant. That's the point I was trying to make in the Sports Zone. I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I throw him. Marshawn, please clean up your act!

raphael120
06-23-2008, 11:53 AM
calling for an 8 game suspension? eeeesh....if that comes true, which i doubt it will, say hello to 7-9 or worse.

OpIv37
06-23-2008, 11:55 AM
if Lynch gets an 8 game suspension for an incident this minor, then Cincinnati should be forced to forfeit their entire 2008 schedule.

Mr. Miyagi
06-23-2008, 12:02 PM
if Lynch gets an 8 game suspension for an incident this minor, then Cincinnati should be forced to forfeit their entire 2008 schedule.
So, Bellichick and the Patriots got docked cash and a draft pick for completely destroying the integrity and credibility of the entire league, but Marshawn should get suspended 8 games for a misdemeanor?

Sounds fair. :rolleyes:

Mr. Miyagi
06-23-2008, 12:05 PM
This author is a complete idiot:

(4) International soccer: For the love of God, can somebody please help FIFA write a decent offsides rule? Other than Brazil, there's no greater source of offensive talent than the continent across the pond, but the European Championships have thus far been a typical letdown. Only four of the first 18 games were 1-0 or 0-0 snoozefests, but the sport's No. 1 flaw remains intact. There should be no such thing as offsides following a free kick in the offensive half or a corner kick until the defense clears the ball across midfield. Anything less penalizes teams for playing an attacking brand of soccer.

Right. Let's allow offenses to stack 8 people right in front of the goal and the other 3 guys just bomb it in all day, like a Hail Mary.

Jackass.

Jan Reimers
06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
I've been on Marshawn's case, but the suggestion of an 8 game suspension for what he did is ridiculous.

ParanoidAndroid
06-23-2008, 06:37 PM
This author is a complete idiot:

Right. Let's allow offenses to stack 8 people right in front of the goal and the other 3 guys just bomb it in all day, like a Hail Mary.

Jackass.

He's only talking about a free kick in the offensive half or a corner kick. I think it would open the game up just enough to make it a little more exciting. Bombing it in would still be offsides in most cases.

Mr. Miyagi
06-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Free kick, I suppose. There's no offsides with corner kicks anyways since the ball is already as far to the goal line as it can be.

OpIv37
06-23-2008, 09:38 PM
soccer needs to fix their offsides rule anyway. In every other sport, it's the defense's job to stay between the offense and the goal. But in soccer, the D gets a free pass by rule.

Mitchy moo
06-23-2008, 10:23 PM
He is going to end up with a traffic violation and why anyone here is thinking suspension is beyond me.