Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Pressure on Edwards to produce for promising bills

Pressure on Edwards to produce for promising Bills

By Vic Carucci | NFL.com
    Senior Columnist

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- He strode down the tunnel and onto the field, just as he had countless times before. There was a little less hair on his head, a little more of a bulge in his belly, but the larger-than-life persona was unmistakable -- even in a golf shirt, shorts, and sandals.

He stood on the sidelines of Ralph Wilson Stadium, taking in all of the non-contact action during the first practice of the Buffalo Bills' minicamp just like any spectator. But he wasn't just any spectator. He was Jim Kelly, the greatest quarterback in the history of the franchise. And by his mere presence, he served as a reminder of the enormous gap between past glory and present mediocrity.

The Bills are well into another offseason with another quarterback they hope will be another Kelly. They'd love Trent Edwards to put up the kind of numbers -- while leading a dominant offense on a dominant team -- that made Kelly a first-ballot selection to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. They'd settle for the kid to have half of Kelly's accomplishments (okay, minus the 0-4 Super Bowl record) and be half of the leader Kelly was.

For now, all we can say with any conviction about Edwards is that, beginning his second offseason with the Bills and his first as their starter, he seems ready to lead. He seems ready to be the type of quarterback the team desperately needs to improve on last year's 7-9 finish and fulfill widespread hopes that, with a fairly solid core and some key additions through free agency and the draft, the Bills have the makings of a playoff team....................

~The Answer
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Pressure on Edwards to produce for promising bills

Good article.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

The Bills will go as far as Edwards can take them.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Now, he asks other starting offensive players to stick around after practice for additional work or to study additional videotape.. He invites them over to his home or to just hang out in an effort to bond and build chemistry.
        Maybe they should go to JP's house instead and let him be the host.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Maybe they should go to JP's house instead and let him be the host.
          LOL, I know. What, do they go to Cali to watch film? Isn't that were Edwards lives?
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• The Answer
            The Plagiarist
            • Mar 2007

There's no question that this team is going to go as far as Trent takes us - regardless of how improved the defense is we are still going to need big plays from the offense.

I'm just amazed at all the hype this young gun is getting from the national media - I guess they see what I do and I like that.

I've waited way too long for this franchise to return to glory and I sure do hope that Trent is the man that is going to spearhead a new era in Buffalo.

~The Answer

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
              Isn't that were Edwards lives?
              not during OTa's.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

We shall see.

Originally posted by The Answer
                http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

Pressure on Edwards to produce for promising Bills

By Vic Carucci | NFL.com
                Senior Columnist

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- He strode down the tunnel and onto the field, just as he had countless times before. There was a little less hair on his head, a little more of a bulge in his belly, but the larger-than-life persona was unmistakable -- even in a golf shirt, shorts, and sandals.

He stood on the sidelines of Ralph Wilson Stadium, taking in all of the non-contact action during the first practice of the Buffalo Bills' minicamp just like any spectator. But he wasn't just any spectator. He was Jim Kelly, the greatest quarterback in the history of the franchise. And by his mere presence, he served as a reminder of the enormous gap between past glory and present mediocrity.

The Bills are well into another offseason with another quarterback they hope will be another Kelly. They'd love Trent Edwards to put up the kind of numbers -- while leading a dominant offense on a dominant team -- that made Kelly a first-ballot selection to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. They'd settle for the kid to have half of Kelly's accomplishments (okay, minus the 0-4 Super Bowl record) and be half of the leader Kelly was.

For now, all we can say with any conviction about Edwards is that, beginning his second offseason with the Bills and his first as their starter, he seems ready to lead. He seems ready to be the type of quarterback the team desperately needs to improve on last year's 7-9 finish and fulfill widespread hopes that, with a fairly solid core and some key additions through free agency and the draft, the Bills have the makings of a playoff team....................

~The Answer
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla *****
                  • Jul 2002

i really want to see Trent succeed.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by shelby
                    i really want to see Trent succeed.
                    As everyone should. If he succeeds so do the Bills. If not it's another QB carousel.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Edwards sucks we suck....

Edwards plays like an NFL QB, we'll look like an NFL team for the first time in a decade.

Comment

Working...
                      X