PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I would say this, but the DA has it right on the money!

X-Era
06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
He basically said exactly what Ive been saying:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hhA8H0CtKLA_AQ0OV0F-rDuPOoewD91E28MG0

The prosecutor said he does not fault Lynch for exercising his right to stay silent, but acknowledged that his office and the Buffalo police could have used the nearly three weeks spent on the headline-grabbing Lynch case on more serious crimes.
"This, at its worst, is a vehicle and traffic misdemeanor. In the hierarchy of criminal conduct, this is certainly in the bottom third," he said.

Just that easy.

This one is over, and even the DA admits its a pretty petty crime.

Now, to be fair, HE chose to use the media, not Lynch. I will even say that him working the media didnt accomplish anything, it was only when the Bills brass were brought in that this got fixed. So why do it then?

"I think that the way this will be resolved will be in line with the way most of these cases are resolved and probably very much in line with the way it might have been resolved had all of this come together sooner," he said.

Stewie
06-23-2008, 04:04 PM
if it was really such a strain on his department, he shouldn't have pursued it. Marshawn did nothing wrong in keeping his mouth shut.

LtBillsFan66
06-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Marshawn did nothing wrong, period!

Goobylal
06-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Lynch's lawyer had a sit down with the DA the Monday after it happened. I'm sure he asked for the charges to be reduced to a traffic violation, which Clark rejected. Yet 3 weeks later when the DA couldn't find any evidence that Lynch was drunk or knew he hit the victim and ran, he offers the deal? If anyone's to blame, it's Clark.

The Spaz
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Such a strain and yet so petty. Why did they put so much effort into it then...lol

jamze132
06-24-2008, 08:32 AM

The prosecutor said he does not fault Lynch for exercising his right to stay silent, but acknowledged that his office and the Buffalo police could have used the nearly three weeks spent on the headline-grabbing Lynch case on more serious crimes.
"This, at its worst, is a vehicle and traffic misdemeanor. In the hierarchy of criminal conduct, this is certainly in the bottom third," he said.

Just that easy.

Now, to be fair, HE chose to use the media, not Lynch. I will even say that him working the media didnt accomplish anything, it was only when the Bills brass were brought in that this got fixed. So why do it then?

"I think that the way this will be resolved will be in line with the way most of these cases are resolved and probably very much in line with the way it might have been resolved had all of this come together sooner," he said.
So the DA was right because he agreed with you? :dance:

justasportsfan
06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
if it was really such a strain on his department, he shouldn't have pursued it. Marshawn did nothing wrong in keeping his mouth shut.
it's a high profile case. It's not his fault. He would've been accused of favoring famous people had he not pursued it. Media would've hung him had he looked the other way.

They're damned if they do, they're damned if they don't.

feelthepain
06-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Gosh, to listen to Bill fans one can easily see why the Pat fans find no fault in the cheating the Pats who were accused, found guiltyand later fined for Cheating. Maybe they should just change the law in Buffalo to "Buffalo Bill drivers under the influence, have the right of way, and do not need to stop at the scene of an accident for fear of being arrested"! Gotta love the irony in Bill fans attitude about their players doing no wrong, while everyone elses players are guilty as hell and are scum of the earth.

hydro
06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Gosh, to listen to Bill fans one can easily see why the Pat fans find no fault in the cheating the Pats who were accused, found guiltyand later fined for Cheating. Maybe they should just change the law in Buffalo to "Buffalo Bill drivers under the influence, have the right of way, and do not need to stop at the scene of an accident for fear of being arrested"! Gotta love the irony in Bill fans attitude about their players doing no wrong, while everyone elses players are guilty as hell and are scum of the earth.

Does this schtick ever get old for you? Just wondering...

Goobylal
06-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Where is there any proof that Lynch was under the influence or knew he hit the woman (and no, "he had to be drunk if he hit her" isn't a valid answer)? So far there is zero evidence of either, if not evidence to the contrary. Unless/until I see proof that he was drunk, or that he knew he hit her and ran, I won't send him down the river.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM

Just that easy.

What the DA is saying is

1. it is a minor crime
2. Marshawn had the right to remain silent
3. He is going to be guilty anyway
4. Why the F*** did Lynch waste all of our time

It got resolved when the media made everyone aware that the Bills brass was now involved.

feelthepain
06-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Does this schtick ever get old for you? Just wondering...

Does the nonsense I'm resonding to ever get old? I guess not!

hydro
06-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Does the nonsense I'm resonding to ever get old? I guess not!

On a Bills forum? Nope.

feelthepain
06-24-2008, 06:09 PM
On a Bills forum? Nope.

Mature? Nope!

TacklingDummy
06-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Marshawn did nothing wrong in keeping his mouth shut.

What he did wrong was leave the scene of an accident. He was probably drunk so he didn't stop.

Jeff1220
06-24-2008, 09:24 PM
What he did wrong was leave the scene of an accident. He was probably drunk so he didn't stop.

I'd have to agree that Marshawn likely dodged a much bigger bullet by deciding on chancing hit and run charges over dwi.

jamze132
06-25-2008, 03:56 AM
Mature? Nope!
Don't you have some pop-ups to block at finheaven or something?

X-Era
06-25-2008, 05:51 AM
What the DA is saying is

1. it is a minor crime
2. Marshawn had the right to remain silent
3. He is going to be guilty anyway
4. Why the F*** did Lynch waste all of our time

It got resolved when the media made everyone aware that the Bills brass was now involved.

Righhhhhhht

It got resolved when something happened that we dont know about. It could have been:

The Bills brass put pressure on Lynch due to them being subpeonaed
The DA realized he had no case and went and made a deal
Lynch decided his smart move was to get his lawyer to make the deal

You have no clue what the reason was.

casdhf
06-25-2008, 07:02 AM
Mature? Nope! You're all hart, bro!

FinFaninBuffalo
06-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Righhhhhhht

It got resolved when something happened that we dont know about. It could have been:

The Bills brass put pressure on Lynch due to them being subpeonaed
The DA realized he had no case and went and made a deal
Lynch decided his smart move was to get his lawyer to make the deal

You have no clue what the reason was.
And somehow you do?

I will even say that him working the media didnt accomplish anything, it was only when the Bills brass were brought in that this got fixed.
Let's analyze your choices:

1. The Bills brass put pressure on Lynch. The public knew about the subpoenas because it was REPORTED by the press.

2. The DA had no case so he convinced Lynch to plead guilty.... WTF?

3. Lynch suddenly decided on his own to plead guilty (apparently against his lawyers wishes) ..... WTF?

BTW, this is what I posted nine days ago:

They want to pressure the driver to come forward to put this thing to rest without the expense and hassle of a trial. Clark was quoted again today that he hopes it can be resolved before going to the grand jury.

Their job is to go to court (if needed) with the strongest possible case. What could be stronger than a passenger in the car testifying that Lynch was driving? No rain. No dark night. No mistaken identity.

I still believe that Lynch will ultimately come forward and cut a deal with the DA.

mybills
06-25-2008, 07:59 AM
His punishment will fit the crime, even if it's just a misdemeanor. She will be rewarded money for being the victim. Can we all just drop it now? :shakeno:

kernowboy
06-25-2008, 09:48 AM
You've got to be a pretty crap driver if you don't realise you've hit a pedestrian even in an SUV.

hydro
06-25-2008, 09:51 AM
You've got to be a pretty crap driver if you don't realise you've hit a pedestrian even in an SUV.

It was raining, dark and you know how people like to play their music loud. All these athletes get huge systems in their car. I could see it happening.

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 09:58 AM
It was raining, dark and you know how people like to play their music loud. All these athletes get huge systems in their car. I could see it happening.
Did you see how big the girl was? You'd know if you hit her even you were driving a 16 wheeler and had headsets on.

hydro
06-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Did you hear about his car getting totalled? I didn't. Sounds like it was minor damage that could be drowned out be 2 12' subwoofers pounding.

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Did you hear about his car getting totalled? I didn't. Sounds like it was minor damage that could be drowned out be 2 12' subwoofers pounding.I was being sarcastic. Sorry.

MY question is, where was the damage? If it was front of the car , then they must've been drunk.

hydro
06-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Oh well :hi5: