I never thought I would say this, but the DA has it right on the money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

I never thought I would say this, but the DA has it right on the money!

He basically said exactly what Ive been saying:

The prosecutor said he does not fault Lynch for exercising his right to stay silent, but acknowledged that his office and the Buffalo police could have used the nearly three weeks spent on the headline-grabbing Lynch case on more serious crimes.
    "This, at its worst, is a vehicle and traffic misdemeanor. In the hierarchy of criminal conduct, this is certainly in the bottom third," he said.

Just that easy.

This one is over, and even the DA admits its a pretty petty crime.

Now, to be fair, HE chose to use the media, not Lynch. I will even say that him working the media didnt accomplish anything, it was only when the Bills brass were brought in that this got fixed. So why do it then?

"I think that the way this will be resolved will be in line with the way most of these cases are resolved and probably very much in line with the way it might have been resolved had all of this come together sooner," he said.

• Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: I never thought I would say this, but the DA has it right on the money!

if it was really such a strain on his department, he shouldn't have pursued it. Marshawn did nothing wrong in keeping his mouth shut.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Marshawn did nothing wrong, period!

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Lynch's lawyer had a sit down with the DA the Monday after it happened. I'm sure he asked for the charges to be reduced to a traffic violation, which Clark rejected. Yet 3 weeks later when the DA couldn't find any evidence that Lynch was drunk or knew he hit the victim and ran, he offers the deal? If anyone's to blame, it's Clark.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Such a strain and yet so petty. Why did they put so much effort into it then...lol

Comment

• jamze132
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

The prosecutor said he does not fault Lynch for exercising his right to stay silent, but acknowledged that his office and the Buffalo police could have used the nearly three weeks spent on the headline-grabbing Lynch case on more serious crimes.
            "This, at its worst, is a vehicle and traffic misdemeanor. In the hierarchy of criminal conduct, this is certainly in the bottom third," he said.

Just that easy.

Now, to be fair, HE chose to use the media, not Lynch. I will even say that him working the media didnt accomplish anything, it was only when the Bills brass were brought in that this got fixed. So why do it then?

"I think that the way this will be resolved will be in line with the way most of these cases are resolved and probably very much in line with the way it might have been resolved had all of this come together sooner," he said.
            So the DA was right because he agreed with you?

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
              if it was really such a strain on his department, he shouldn't have pursued it. Marshawn did nothing wrong in keeping his mouth shut.
              it's a high profile case. It's not his fault. He would've been accused of favoring famous people had he not pursued it. Media would've hung him had he looked the other way.

They're damned if they do, they're damned if they don't.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Gosh, to listen to Bill fans one can easily see why the Pat fans find no fault in the cheating the Pats who were accused, found guiltyand later fined for Cheating. Maybe they should just change the law in Buffalo to "Buffalo Bill drivers under the influence, have the right of way, and do not need to stop at the scene of an accident for fear of being arrested"! Gotta love the irony in Bill fans attitude about their players doing no wrong, while everyone elses players are guilty as hell and are scum of the earth.

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                  Gosh, to listen to Bill fans one can easily see why the Pat fans find no fault in the cheating the Pats who were accused, found guiltyand later fined for Cheating. Maybe they should just change the law in Buffalo to "Buffalo Bill drivers under the influence, have the right of way, and do not need to stop at the scene of an accident for fear of being arrested"! Gotta love the irony in Bill fans attitude about their players doing no wrong, while everyone elses players are guilty as hell and are scum of the earth.
                  Does this schtick ever get old for you? Just wondering...
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Where is there any proof that Lynch was under the influence or knew he hit the woman (and no, "he had to be drunk if he hit her" isn't a valid answer)? So far there is zero evidence of either, if not evidence to the contrary. Unless/until I see proof that he was drunk, or that he knew he hit her and ran, I won't send him down the river.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                      Registered Fish
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

Just that easy.

What the DA is saying is

1. it is a minor crime
                      2. Marshawn had the right to remain silent
                      3. He is going to be guilty anyway
                      4. Why the F*** did Lynch waste all of our time

It got resolved when the media made everyone aware that the Bills brass was now involved.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                        Does this schtick ever get old for you? Just wondering...

Does the nonsense I'm resonding to ever get old? I guess not!

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

Does the nonsense I'm resonding to ever get old? I guess not!
                          On a Bills forum? Nope.
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                            On a Bills forum? Nope.
                            Mature? Nope!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
                              Marshawn did nothing wrong in keeping his mouth shut.
                              What he did wrong was leave the scene of an accident. He was probably drunk so he didn't stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X