• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Will Schouman shine in 2008?

Sounds like Schouman has a had strong offseason and looks to be a hybrid FB/TE type of player like Chris Cooley in Washington. In fact I would be happy if he turns out to be even half the player that Cooley is. I was glad to see him crack the lineup last year and get playing time as a rookie - that is until he became another name on the long list of IR players we had last year. As long as he stays healthy he should play an integral role in ST right out of the gate in 2008.

He was a very athletic player in Boise State's pass happy attack and seems to be well versed as a pass catcher. Could it be we have a TE on our roster after all? You have to figure somebody will emerge from the scrap heap that is our TE roster and if The Schoumanator turns out to be that guy than so be it....

~The Answer
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Will Schouman shine in 2008?

The Bills need a couple of pleasant surprises on offense. I sure hope Schouman is one.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
      • Jan 2008

I think that Schouman played well last year when he got the chance and could be a good threat for TE in the passing game whether its coming from the back field or the line
      I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by VeggieMan14
        I think that Schouman played well last year when he got the chance and could be a good threat for TE in the passing game whether its coming from the back field or the line
        You mean when he caught all of 3 passes last year?

I don't see him beating out Royal and I don't see him doing anything unless we really DO utilize the 2 TE system...but I'm always hesitant when it comes to OC's telling us what to expect and how inventive and productive our offense will be...blah blah blah...yeah yeah, we'll see..

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by raphael120
          You mean when he caught all of 3 passes last year?.
          I know he only caught three passes (in very limited time), but from what I recall they were good catches, he looked smooth and athletic, with good speed. At least I remember thinking that.

I'm still wondering if he weights 223, 247, or more, because I have been reading conflicting reports. 6-2 is a little short, but if the Bills are experimenting with formations, and they don't have a FB step out in front of the pack, Schouman could see a good amount of time on the field. FB, TE, H-back, split wide, on the move. He could be dangerous, especially between the twenties.

I could see him being a poor man Cooley, but probably less effective in the red zone. I'm probably being a bit of a homer and wishful thinking but we will see.
          Last edited by yordad; 06-24-2008, 05:14 PM.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

I wish we would just get a stud TE like Shockey that is a known quantity in the line-up. This experimenting and having people learn and leave has to stop. We need them to come here to win, not learn to leave here. Winning has a way of helping a team get a better rep.

We have also been one of the worst teams on offense for a while now, so enough games. If available, get the talent in here and let's score.

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

I can't wait to see our whole offense play. I am really optimistic about us offensively this season.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by elltrain22
                I can't wait to see our whole offense play. I am really optimistic about us offensively this season.
                New system, new problems. I for one think we need to run alot to start the season & work into passing.

Comment

• Marvelous
                  • Feb 2004

This hype reminds me of Brad Cisleak form two off-seasons ago...I hope he shines & is our missing BEST TE....
                  GO BILLS!!! NE
                  Magical Trevor

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

I'm not getting my hopes up about Schouman. And if we are couting on him, we are in trouble.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                      You mean when he caught all of 3 passes last year?

I don't see him beating out Royal and I don't see him doing anything unless we really DO utilize the 2 TE system...but I'm always hesitant when it comes to OC's telling us what to expect and how inventive and productive our offense will be...blah blah blah...yeah yeah, we'll see..
                      See the thing about Royal is that he sucks.

Schouman got limited playing time last year because he was a bit of a project and he got injured. But he was showing flashes. I don't expect him to be Cooley or anything like that, but it's not unreasonable to think he could be as good or better than Royal.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dannyek71
                        Drink Responsibly
                        • Dec 2004

I don't think he is totally terrible, but why all the hype around this guy? What has he done to show how he will be a significant benefit to us in 08, or ever?
                        [

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The Schoumanator? Oh no, not again.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
                            I don't think he is totally terrible, but why all the hype around this guy? What has he done to show how he will be a significant benefit to us in 08, or ever?
                            It's necessity.

Our TE's are so bad for so long, that every time one shows the slightest amount of competence, everyone gets their hopes up.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

I personally think that OBD is gonna keep 3 TEs and 2 Fbs i think Royal, Fine and Anderson make the cut at TE, and FB will be either Barnes Evans or Viti, and Schouman will be kept as the other FB/TE, i think he brings alot to the table in the aspect that he can block and can catch, he is too small to be a full time starter at TE, and not a good enough lead blocker to be a battering ram FB, but he can contribute
                              and i think the hype is there cause the kid made the team after being cut and put on the practice squad, he is a ST player as well and is young, he made his way onto the feild and contributed the most he could with a very blah offense, enough to be noticed at least by us

Schouman will contribute for this team no doubt, glad we took a chance on the former 7th rder
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X