PDA

View Full Version : BUF vs TEN - 1999 AFC Wildcard

hammerbillsfan
06-23-2008, 08:09 PM
It's on NFL Network right now. :(

OpIv37
06-23-2008, 08:14 PM
worst. game. ever.

I watched it about 2 years back, and noticed something that I had forgotten. The Bills got screwed at the end of the first half. They were driving and one of the receivers caught the ball inbounds but was ruled out. It was under 2 min, but the officials did not grant a replay, so the Bills had to punt.

A few plays later- still under 2:00 in the first half- the same thing happened to Tennessee: their receiver was ruled out of bounds when he was in. But this time, the officials DID grant a replay and overturned the call, and Tennessee scored a FG.

The refs CLEARLY had it in for us that game.

Crisis
06-23-2008, 08:14 PM
thanks for the heads up

dick

hammerbillsfan
06-23-2008, 08:15 PM
:sorry:

hammerbillsfan
06-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Theismann is a ***.

hydro
06-23-2008, 08:36 PM
worst. game. ever.

I watched it about 2 years back, and noticed something that I had forgotten. The Bills got screwed at the end of the first half. They were driving and one of the receivers caught the ball inbounds but was ruled out. It was under 2 min, but the officials did not grant a replay, so the Bills had to punt.

A few plays later- still under 2:00 in the first half- the same thing happened to Tennessee: their receiver was ruled out of bounds when he was in. But this time, the officials DID grant a replay and overturned the call, and Tennessee scored a FG.

Yes but you forget that the first FG was missed rectifying that situation until a penalty was called and Del Greco got another chance at it 5 yards closer.

OpIv37
06-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Yes but you forget that the first FG was missed rectifying that situation until a penalty was called and Del Greco got another chance at it 5 yards closer.

yeah well the titans never should have been in a position to attempt that FG in the first place. We should have retained possession and either scored or at least killed the clock.

gr8slayer
06-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Seen it far too many times, don't want to put myself through that again.

The Spaz
06-23-2008, 11:40 PM
This is a different game (last year's browns game) I think it was reed clearly ran out of bounds yet the official kept the time running. God I hate the ****ing refs.

BlackMetalNinja
06-24-2008, 07:26 AM
I watched it last night... must be my masochistic side reaching out again :(

hydro
06-24-2008, 07:30 AM
I watched it last night... must be my masochistic side reaching out again :(

Well it is your first week of NFLN. It just sucks you in sometimes.

BlackMetalNinja
06-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Well it is your first week of NFLN. It just sucks you in sometimes.

That's really what it was. I also caught part of the Cleveland blizzard game from last year yesterday morning. The ability to see Buffalo Bills football in any capacity overwhelmed the issue of knowing how miserable the result would be.

zone
06-24-2008, 09:23 AM
I watched the whole thing last night, almost forgot how nasty Bruce and that d-line was. I also forgot about that little stunt Andre Reed pulled, bashing the Bills organization.

That was definitely a forward pass.

zone
06-24-2008, 09:33 AM
worst. game. ever.

Yea they ruled that Price did not catch that ball on the sideline, but his knee was definitely down before he went out. The refs did not review.

I think the Titans play was McNair was ruled to have been short of a running first down on the sideline, then they replayed it and ruled it a first down.

gr8slayer
06-24-2008, 09:55 AM
That's really what it was. I also caught part of the Cleveland blizzard game from last year yesterday morning. The ability to see Buffalo Bills football in any capacity overwhelmed the issue of knowing how miserable the result would be.
The Bills actually get a lot of coverage on NFLN, more than any other national media outlet.

TacklingDummy
06-24-2008, 07:47 PM
It's on NFL Network right now. :(

I refuse to watch anymore of Rob Johnson sucking.