PDA

View Full Version : When I became a Bills fan.....

Devin
04-22-2003, 12:37 AM
Just thought it might be interesting.....

Honestly I realize most prob either grew up following them or even at some point in thier lives have been to Buffalo.

I have not. I have never even been to a Bills game. I am 23 and my dad is in the military. In 1990 he was stationed in Germany. All the games came on at 9-10 in the evening and would run til 1-2am. Me being 9 years old I didnt watch to many. But the Superbowl was an exception.

Always kicked off at round 11pm if I remember right. Anyway Superbowl 25 was my first. I vaguley remember my dad mentioning the Giants were favored so I went for the underdog's. I remember watching that kick then actually crying afterward.

Watched every year afterward with even more intensity.....one year even letting the "F" bomb drop against the cowboys.

Every year my love of Bills football has grown. From watching my first full NFL draft 6 years ago, to buying Sunday Ticket for the sole purpose of watching every Bills game.

Obviously going to a Bills game is my top priority now. Have never had the chance as my father has been an active duty Army Ranger for 23 years so moving to places absolutley no where near football seems to be the trend. But now on my own its gonna happen!!!

Anyway just a little insight, as I kinda think those sort of things are interesting.

:jetsuck: :squish:

Ingtar33
04-22-2003, 12:56 AM
Welcome to the zone Devin... you should talk to Typical Bill... he got his start on a Bills Super Bowl loss too... he's also a Kuwaiti native and has never been to a Bills game (plenty in common there :) )

WCoastFin
04-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Whoa there Devin... when i read the title of this thread, I thought it was gonna be followed by ......."I realized i made the BIGGEST mistake of my life" ......anyways, nice post, nice to hear some insight.

Gunzlingr
04-22-2003, 10:14 AM
I have been 2 Bills games (both versus the ViQueens), but have never lived anywhere other than South Dakota.

Devin
04-22-2003, 10:14 AM
lol ty. Always interesting to get insight from a Dolphins fan.......

lordofgun
04-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Welcome Devin! Cool story.

justasportsfan
04-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Whoa there Devin... when i read the title of this thread, I thought it was gonna be followed by ......."I realized i made the BIGGEST mistake of my life" ......anyways, nice post, nice to hear some insight.

Welcome Devin. Don't mind Westcoast. You and Typical bill are proof that bills fans are loyal no matter what. Finfans can't even show up when their team is winning or in the playoffs.

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Devin, here's everyone else's story:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9814

lordofgun
04-22-2003, 12:13 PM
I edited the addy there MM. You might want to switch to using the domain name. ;)

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Cool story man!!! You must get to the Ralph for a game!!! There is nothing like a Bills tailgate party!!!

Patrick76777
04-22-2003, 03:22 PM
WHere are you living now? you need to stop by a BFZ tailgate. We like breaking in virgins.

Devin
04-22-2003, 03:52 PM
believe me guys id love to. It will happen and soon hopefully! Was all set to go to Bills vs Redskins but nooooooooooooooooo I had to go to San Diego for work.

Times like that when you really have to think bout your priorities as I almost was jobless.

I am in Northern Virginia now, but will be relocating to New Orleans in the fall.