• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Foxsports: 9 offseason moves that need to be made

Not sure this is a major priority, if anything we need a veteran QB, TE, WR, etc.

7. Buffalo needs a veteran, backup running back

With a potential suspension hanging over Marshawn Lynch's head, Fred Jackson would be the starting running back in lovely Western New York. While the Coe College product performed adeptly when Lynch was hurt last season, Dick Jauron needs someone who's been through the battles before. Buffalo doesn't need to get a big-time player or time. Think someone like Ron Dayne, who proved to be a super sub in Houston last season and is currently unsigned.

~The Answer
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Foxsports: 9 offseason moves that need to be made

kevin jones
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

What's wrong with Fred Jackson? I fell in love with both our backs last year..Fred Jackson looks really awesome catching outt a the backfield. Havnt seen catching like that from a RB since. heck since maybe 34. NOt that he's on 34's level but he looks natural catching...

--Josh Reed! My wife owns a Reed jersey & i bought it for her for last christmas & she loves it.. J/K about JR being a RB though...

--Fred Jackson and the rookie who broke all those div II records are ok right?
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Marvelous
        What's wrong with Fred Jackson? I fell in love with both our backs last year..Fred Jackson looks really awesome catching outt a the backfield. Havnt seen catching like that from a RB since. heck since maybe 34. NOt that he's on 34's level but he looks natural catching...

--Josh Reed! My wife owns a Reed jersey & i bought it for her for last christmas & she loves it.. J/K about JR being a RB though...

Are they all experienced enough to pick up a blitz? That is what we will miss the most about A-train.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• circlethewagons
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Marvelous

I seem to remember NFL.com mentioning we needed a backup running back as well- i guess fred is just under the radar. Personally im perfectly fine with our RB situation. I think it may just turn out to be the deepest position on the team

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Seeing that they have four running backs with a total three years of NFL experience under their belt, it would make sense.

Comment

• Confused
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jun 2007

how about marshawn lynch? He's already on the team, he's a proven workhorse and regardless of the fodder, wont be suspended over a traffic violation. I think he's the safest bet.

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

I think center is our most glaring need.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Ron Dayne would serve a good complement to Fred Jackson should Lynch be suspended and we still don't see Wright as reliable.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

I, too, think that Lynch won't be suspended. He'll be sued, and that's good enough for me.

Anyway, if he were to be suspended, he'd be suspended relatively soon. He'd be suspended with enough time for us to go out and get a temporary replacement AFTER he was suspended. Therefore, we should wait until he is suspended before we make a move. The good news is that he most likely won't be suspended. I'd bet on it.

Anyway, no running back worth his salt is going to want to sign with the Bills knowing that he is going to be the focus for a game or two and then forgotten about.

Comment

• Confused
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jun 2007

I think we should have drafted another burner type RB this year, but that is a different topic

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

We only need a veteran RB if Lynch is suspended. That appears unlikely at this point. I like our stable of Lynch, Jackson, Wright and Omon, even if they are inexperienced.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                        X