PDA

View Full Version : What on Earth!?! The Bills will finish 5-11! According to Sporting News NFL Preview!

blackonyx89
06-25-2008, 07:55 AM
I picked up an issue yesterday and read that the Bills were going to go 5-11 despite the improvements on both the defensive and offensive side. They are way off on the they should win at least 8-10 games if all goes well!!! Ptoooey! on Sporting News,but I'll still read it :D .

mybills
06-25-2008, 08:00 AM
They are dyslexic. It's 11-5. :up:

blackonyx89
06-25-2008, 08:03 AM
They are dyslexic. It's 11-5. :up:

Ooooooooh yeeeeeeeeaaahhh!!!

:biggrin: :xtreme: :biggrin:

jamze132
06-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Seriously, is 5-11 really out of the question? We are currently a 7-9 team. That's only a 2 game swing either way. I don't think we will go 5-11 but it really wouldn't suprise me.

Schonert is an unknown and we are banking a lot on Edwards making progress.

We are banking on a lot of guys injured last year who are probably going to be starting this year. The injuries impeeded their progress.

DraftBoy
06-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I dont think its going to happen but its not out of the realm of possibility either.

Philagape
06-25-2008, 08:12 AM
What's confusing is the Bills preview says their "stock report" is UP.

blackonyx89
06-25-2008, 08:19 AM
I dont think its going to happen but its not out of the realm of possibility either.

How can you say that? We have an easier schedule and the chances of a chronic rash of injuries are unlikely, they should be better and at least fight for 2nd place in the division, unless Tom Brady gets knocked out for the season. Wishful thinking on that last comment. LOL!

Mitchy moo
06-25-2008, 08:19 AM
What's confusing is the Bills preview says their "stock report" is UP.

This is great, never let them see you coming.

Voltron
06-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Sporting News is a wonderful baseball periodical. Their NFL coverage leaves me wanting. But I get ESPN Magazine and i am not a big fan of that mag either. I just don't care about 80 % of the sports they cover in these sports mags. I stopped getting SI because I would read about 10 pages of the entire thing.

Voltron
06-25-2008, 08:23 AM
How can you say that. We have an easier schedule and the chances of a chronic rash of injuries are unlikely, they should be better and at elast fight for 2nd place in the division, unless Tom Brady gets knocked out for the season. Wishful thinking on that last comment. LOL!
They are NOTORIOUSLY slow starters who have had issues for years with winning close games against teams they have out played for 3 and 1/2 quarters. That is what has me worried right now. They have a nasty first 4 games.

mybills
06-25-2008, 08:48 AM
We finally have some size on the lines. Now we have size and speed. Trent has some experience now. Injured players coming back healthy. Seriously close last year even though we played our 3rd stringers..how can they still be stuck in that rut you've just described?

Dujek
06-25-2008, 08:54 AM
The last Sporting News NFL preview I read was in 2003 and it told me the Bills were going to the Superbowl. Ever since then I have considered them the ******ed step-child of season previews.

Mitchy moo
06-25-2008, 08:59 AM
They are NOTORIOUSLY slow starters who have had issues for years with winning close games against teams they have out played for 3 and 1/2 quarters. That is what has me worried right now. They have a nasty first 4 games.

One might think that having a rookie QB and RB early last year might have contributed to that as well.

Pinkerton Security
06-25-2008, 09:03 AM

Perhaps a tough first 2 games, but I dont consider the Raiders or Rams nasty. I could def see us struggling a bit early on, but if we arent at least 2-2 after those first 4 games I'll be surprised.

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 09:05 AM
How can you say that? We have an easier schedule !
we thought we had a hard schedule going into last season. Turned out to be an easy one. Sometimes teams that we think suck turn out to be good and vice versa

blackonyx89
06-25-2008, 09:07 AM
we thought we had a hard schedule going into last season. Turned out to be an easy one. Sometimes teams that we think suck turn out to be good and vice versa

I agree. We have decent mixture of tough teams and weak teams this season.

Bill Brasky
06-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Seriously, is 5-11 really out of the question? We are currently a 7-9 team. That's only a 2 game swing either way. I don't think we will go 5-11 but it really wouldn't suprise me.

We are banking on a lot of guys injured last year who are probably going to be starting this year. The injuries impeeded their progress.

good post.

Jan Reimers
06-25-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't put any stock in these preseason previews. Who picked the Giants to win the SB before last season?

Philagape
06-25-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't care at all about their predictions ... I buy previews for the information and the way they present it

Oaf
06-25-2008, 10:31 AM
The last Sporting News NFL preview I read was in 2003 and it told me the Bills were going to the Superbowl. Ever since then I have considered them the ******ed step-child of season previews.
I believed it too. :(

But seriously, the more the nation media thinks we're going to suck, the better. I really don't like all these 10-6 wildcard expectations.

I think we're all assuming that a James Hardy, Shouman/Fine and a 2nd year Edwards will vastly improve a 29th ranked O. That is if Lynch makes it through w/o suspension.

DrGraves
06-25-2008, 10:34 AM
knowing the bills 5-11 is way more likely than 11-5 no matter how good we are suppose to be.

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Would it really surprise anyone if we went 5-11?

The Answer
06-25-2008, 10:41 AM
How can you say that? We have an easier schedule and the chances of a chronic rash of injuries are unlikely, they should be better and at least fight for 2nd place in the division, unless Tom Brady gets knocked out for the season. Wishful thinking on that last comment. LOL!

There is no such thing as an easier schedule. If recent history has taught us anything, teams that we think are going to be tough might end up sucking and teams that we think are going to being garbage end up being contenders.

Last year is a perfect example of this - who here thought that the game against the Ravens would be a relatively easy win, especially since they were a 13-3 squad the year before?

Conversely who penciled in the Browns as a guaranteed win when the 2007 schedule came out based on their recent history? We all know how that turned out.

Also it's highly likely we are going to lose at least one game to the jets or dolphins this year as well. As bad as both teams were last year, don't forget the jets played close twice and the dolphins nearly beat us in Miami with losman starting.

~The Answer

yordad
06-25-2008, 10:52 AM

We are banking on a lot of guys injured last year who are probably going to be starting this year. The injuries impeeded their progress.I think that is money in the bank right there.

feelthepain
06-25-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't put any stock in these preseason previews. Who picked the Giants to win the SB before last season?

That is, unless they predict the Bills to be a good team. Then they know what they're talking about...right?

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 11:20 AM
That is, unless they predict the Bills to be a good team. Then they know what they're talking about...right?Shouldn't you be waxing your carrot to your Culpepper jersey?

The Spaz
06-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Shouldn't you be waxing your carrot to your Culpepper jersey?

:lol::rofl:

ublinkwescore
06-25-2008, 01:31 PM

Honestly, yeah, I'd be shocked and appalled if we went anything less than 8-8.

raphael120
06-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Well first things first, win the home opener against the Seahawks.
1. It's the home opener, it's sold out, there will be lots of optimism and huge crowd support.

2. It's the freakin Seahawks people...they go to the playoffs each year because theyre average and not god awful like the other teams in their division which is the weakest division in the league.

3. It's a home game, and you need to take care of business at home, reguardless. Trent has no bad weather to play in this early in the season.

One things for sure it's going to show us how well our pass defense is because as far as I'm concerned the Seahawks dont have a run game.

OpIv37
06-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I picked up an issue yesterday and read that the Bills were going to go 5-11 despite the improvements on both the defensive and offensive side. They are way off on the they should win at least 8-10 games if all goes well!!! Ptoooey! on Sporting News,but I'll still read it :D .

what improvements on offense. We got Hardy and... Hardy. If you look at the recent track record of first year receivers, it's not very good. I think Hardy will be solid for us, but to expect him to come in and contribute on a suspect offense with a rookie OC and an inexperienced QB is just not realistic.

mybills
06-26-2008, 07:19 AM
:wave: