X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

O. Gary's contract details..

Gary and the Bills reached agreement Monday on a two-year deal that included a $175,000 signing bonus and enough makable incentives to earn the running back up to $3 million the next two seasons.

Source
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
  • Lone Stranger
    • Sep 2002

Good pickup. Takes a little pressure off the boys in the upcoming draft. Eliminates the necessity of filling a "need". Will help us to go after the best available player. It is truly amazing how TD has developed his roster.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Tom Donohoe your the man!

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
        My IQ Test results came back negative
        • Oct 2002

nice.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i dont like the fact that say gary was to reach his incentives, then he would make more than henry..

obviously, henry would have to be hurt to make them, but even if henry rushes for another 1500 yards this season, he is only getting 400k..
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

TB...thanks for the news!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

The only way for him to get those incentives would be if TH gets hurt.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

This signing kinda confirms what Drew said about where this O is headed. Run first to open up the pass instead of the other way arround. This makes Drew more dangerous and less predictable. The more he threw for big plays, the more he is likely to commit errors. This also makes his play calling in the line of srimmage easier. Remember Kelly and Thurman?

Teams learned this after the first half of the season. Drew threw more because we played catch up with the D we had last year. This year with the addition od Gary and a better D we should be more patient throwing the ball.

Think of it, we got Sam Gash to block, another blocking TE (Campbell) and Gary to give Henry rests every now and then. As soon as defenses plug up the DL to stop our running game...BOOM there it is, Moulds/ Reed for huge gains or better yet TD!!!

OL was above average in run blocking last year. NOw they have 1 year under their belt as a unit. This also means less sacks for Drew and less chances of him getting injured.

This is why it was easy to let Price go. He was a great player for us last year but not a huge loss.

What the Gary signing also says is that Morris will be asked to concentrate on special teams. An area I am not completely convinced, is improved.

We could've easily drafted a RB in the draft but that would mean another year of the rookie trying to learn what it's like to be in the NFL. Besides, I doubt a rookie can get that much snaps playing behind Henry.

Tom Donahoe said it best " I'm running out of patience. We need to win now".
                Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-22-2003, 09:00 AM.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Show me that quote justasports fan Tom Donohoe doesn't say stuff like that at all. If he did then I am wrong but I want to see it for myself. Go Bills!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    The only way for him to get those incentives would be if TH gets hurt.
                    Sounds like Gary will be calling Tonia Harding soon.

Comment

• superbills
                      • Mar 2003

:fabulous:
                      "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                      Ronald Reagan
                      40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Lol! MM. Spaz it will take some time for me to search the archives. But I did quote him in a thread from the frontpage out of memory. I will post it as soon as my internet connection is not acting up.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

"The biggest challenge of course was the salary cap. When Mr. Wilson hired me he explained that he thought it was going to be about a three-year turnaround with the cap. We've been able to make significant progress with it in two years and put ourselves in a pretty good position as we head into this off-season. Those are

Here Ya go Spaz! Not a precise quote but close enough.
                          Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-22-2003, 09:44 AM.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

This signing kinda confirms what Drew said about where this O is headed. Run first to open up the pass instead of the other way arround. This makes Drew more dangerous and less predictable. The more he threw for big plays, the more he is likely to commit errors. This also makes his play calling in the line of srimmage easier. Remember Kelly and Thurman?
                            I'll believe it when I see it because it looks a lot like talk to me. Bledsoe and Gilbride can call it a running offense all they want we'll see how many 3 and outs we have just passing the ball in critical game situations.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0

I'll believe it when I see it because it looks a lot like talk to me. Bledsoe and Gilbride can call it a running offense all they want we'll see how many 3 and outs we have just passing the ball in critical game situations.
                              That's the thing though, I also posted (in another thread in the past when Drew made the comment of going to a more balanced , short pass O) if Gilbride is capable of changing his ways or ideology. Drew said they will be throwing more 5 -10 yarders ( I suspect TE's) more.

I would give Gilbride the benefit of a doubt based on the player movements we've made. If we were intent on playing the long balls all the time, we woud've kept Price or replaced him with someone just as fast. So far, Shaw is all we've signed. Whether Gilbride knows how to.....well have to wait and see.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X