PDA

View Full Version : Lynch Update: Plea and Statement will come Friday.

Romes
06-25-2008, 09:27 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/377851.html

Here is some new info...

Sources also have said that both Lynch and his passenger, Bills rookie wide receiver Steve Johnson, have claimed they didn’t know their vehicle had struck anyone.

But Timothy G. O’Connell, the attorney for victim Kimberley Shpeley, has said that she and two friends claimed the SUV struck her, “slowed down and then came to a complete stop” before speeding off.

Other witnesses, though, have told investigators that the SUV never slowed down.

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 09:31 AM
lie detectors for everyone.

Mitchy moo
06-25-2008, 09:31 AM
It makes more sense that they didn't know because they went straight to ML's house and parked it outside. It wasn't like they we're hiding the SUV or running away.

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Good, get this crap over with.

Pinkerton Security
06-25-2008, 09:33 AM
these b****es are just looking for cash now. its obvious that they hired some sleazeball lawyer a while after the fact to sue marshawn, so of course they're gonna say what they need to get more money. if the rest of the witnesses say the vehicle never stopped, then this is rediculous.

madness
06-25-2008, 09:34 AM
It makes more sense that they didn't know because they went straight to ML's house and parked it outside. It wasn't like they we're hiding the SUV or running away.

That's why Lynch was instructed to be quiet. When you're innocent everything you say can and will be used against you.

Jan Reimers
06-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I just want this thing to end. I do think the woman who was struck deserves some compensation, though.

Mitchy moo
06-25-2008, 09:44 AM
That's why Lynch was instructed to be quiet. When you're innocent everything you say can and will be used against you.

I have no idea who in their right mind would incriminate themselves or speak of the incident until after the legalities are settled.

Romes
06-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Also...

Authorities investigating the May 31 accident have discussed two possible traffic violations: failure to exercise due care to avoid striking a pedestrian or leaving the scene of a property-damage accident.

Each of those violations carries a maximum penalty of $250 and 15 days in jail, but first-time offenders are all but assured of avoiding jail on such charges.

$250...thats more like a pat on the back than a slap on the wrist. I'm surprised that the fine is so low.

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 10:23 AM
I just want this thing to end. I do think the woman who was struck deserves some compensation, though.
Yeah, she deserves to have her medical expenses paid for, all $100 of them.

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 10:31 AM
pain and suffering. because of her pain, she couldn't eat for the next couple of hours which made her suffer.

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 10:32 AM
pain and suffering. because of her pain, she couldn't eat for the next couple of hours which made her suffer.
Too bad he didn't hit her harder, stupid *****.

Jan Reimers
06-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Don't forget, according to her personal injury lawyer (read: ambulance chaser), her injuries are far more serious than reported, and she is under the care of several doctors.

Yeah, right.

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Don't forget, according to her personal injury lawyer (read: ambulance chaser), her injuries are far more serious than reported, and she is under the care of several doctors.

Yeah, right.
Like I said before, she might be the dumbest ***** in America. If I had just been hit by a $70,000+ car I would have stay down or crawled out of harms way and called 911. I would then complain about neck, back, ass, etc.....

Dumb ***** got up and walked away, she wasn't that hurt. I used to get more than 7 stitches just playing football.

feelthepain
06-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Amazing, a Bill player hits someone with his vehicle..hard enough to cause damge to both the victim and the vehicle, drive away without checking to make sure the vicitim is ok, while under the influence and some Bill fans are trashing the victim, like they have no right to sue someone who clearly broke the law while causing the victim bodily harm...but Lynch has the right to keep his mouth shut and exercise his rights. It must be nice to do so much wrong, and be a victim at the same time. Only in Buffalo I guess.

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Amazing, a Bill player hits someone with his vehicle..hard enough to cause damge to both the victim and the vehicle, drive away without checking to make sure the vicitim is ok, while under the influence and some Bill fans are trashing the victim, like they have no right to sue someone who clearly broke the law while causing the victim bodily harm...but Lynch can keep his mouth shut and exercise his rights. Wow, patheti.Pathetic like a 43 year old man living in moms basement pathetic?

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Pathetic like a 43 year old man living in moms basement pathetic?
Or pathetic like spanking it to Culpepper and writing love letters to the guy?

yordad
06-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Amazing, a Bill player hits someone with his vehicle..hard enough to cause damge to both the victim and the vehicle, drive away without checking to make sure the vicitim is ok, while under the influence and some Bill fans are trashing the victim, like they have no right to sue someone who clearly broke the law while causing the victim bodily harm...but Lynch has the right to keep his mouth shut and exercise his rights. It must be nice to do so much wrong, and be a victim at the same time. Only in Buffalo I guess.OK, he broke the law, and the law stepped it. Problem solved. Why does she get PAID, just because he is rich? No other victims get PAID.

Confused
06-25-2008, 12:27 PM
yawn. will goodell suspend a player for a traffic violation? no way. next crisis please. this issue is dead.

okaydo
06-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Amazing, a Bill player hits someone with his vehicle..hard enough to cause damge to both the victim and the vehicle, drive away without checking to make sure the vicitim is ok, while under the influence and some Bill fans are trashing the victim

According to one eyewitness, Lynch was under the influence of water (http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buffaloerie/story/373679.html).

Pinkerton Security
06-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Amazing, a Bill player hits someone with his vehicle..hard enough to cause damge to both the victim and the vehicle, drive away without checking to make sure the vicitim is ok, while under the influence and some Bill fans are trashing the victim, like they have no right to sue someone who clearly broke the law while causing the victim bodily harm...but Lynch has the right to keep his mouth shut and exercise his rights. It must be nice to do so much wrong, and be a victim at the same time. Only in Buffalo I guess.

you're right! the fat, drunken b**** better get the f*** outta beastmode's way!

TedMock
06-25-2008, 12:59 PM
This is from June 4th...

The city’s surveillance camera system “caught something” at the crash site, police said, but officials are not releasing that tape because it is being held as evidence.

“The Buffalo Police Department is still investigating this matter,” said Lynch’s attorney Michael Caffery. “At the present time, I decline to make any comment on behalf of my client. I have also instructed my client not to make any comment.”

DeGeorge maintains that Lynch’s representatives have been “cooperating,” adding that no special treatment is being given to the football star.

“Unless we start getting some answers, that vehicle does not leave the [police] garage,” he insisted. “The ball is in their court. The clock is ticking. . . . We hope to hear from them shortly.”

and this is from June 12th - after they reviewed the tape...

...These are some of the factors that police are evaluating as they continue to investigate Lynch and the hit-and-run on Chippewa:

Kelly Shpeley, 27, of Milton, Ont., was crossing Delaware toward the Spot Coffee shop when Lynch’s Porsche SUV struck her. The vehicle had been parked on Chippewa, facing west.

The victim was wearing dark clothing, officers said. A hard rain was falling, and road conditions were slippery. Police said the woman had the right of way.

“As [Shpeley] crossed the road, another woman was walking in front of her. The woman in front of Shpeley was kind of dancing and singing in the street . . . like ‘Singin’ in the Rain.’ That could have distracted whoever was driving Marshawn’s car,” a law enforcement official said.

Lynch’s vehicle — moving quickly but apparently below the speed limit — turned left onto Delaware and struck Shpeley, the official said.

“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [Shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”

If the tape does not show whether or not the SUV slowed down, that would be a pretty careless statement for a law enforcement official to make on the record.

Pinkerton Security
06-25-2008, 01:00 PM
“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [Shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”

If the tape does not show whether or not the SUV slowed down, that would be a pretty careless statement for a law enforcement official to make on the record.

THE DEFENSE RESTS!

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
This is from June 4th...

police said, but officials are not releasing that tape because it is being held as evidence.

.Dangit, we shoul'da sent the tapes to Goodell.

Or does that only work for the PAts? :idunno:

raphael120
06-25-2008, 02:32 PM
So it was raining...fat cow was wearing black...crazy drunk chic was dancin in the street...Lynch was blastin Celine Dion on his sick stereo system, the street lights were shining in his eyes, all the water he was drinkin at the club made him really have to pee so he needed to hurry to get home, and Mr. Green was in the library with the knife...

SabreEleven
06-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Marshawn still needs to have his eyes check...how the hell does he NOT see something that big?

Goobylal
06-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Marshawn still needs to have his eyes check...how the hell does he NOT see something that big?
Remember, he had LASIK surgery the following Friday.

Dozerdog
06-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Like I said before, she might be the dumbest ***** in America.
Canada, actually

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Canada, actually
She was in the country when it happened so at the time she was the dumbest ***** in America.

Night Train
06-26-2008, 04:24 AM
It's all coming to a close with a minor traffic violation. :rofl:
Well, at least the resident drama queens had some fun.

madness
06-26-2008, 07:01 AM
THE DEFENSE RESTS!

...but the victim and her friends swore up and down that the car slowed down then came to a dead stop after the contact. Oh and she lives in Buffalo, doesn't follow the Bills and has no idea who Marshawn Lynch is.

:rolleyes:

***** was trying to get paid from the get go.

Goobylal
06-26-2008, 12:15 PM
...but the victim and her friends swore up and down that the car slowed down then came to a dead stop after the contact. Oh and she lives in Buffalo, doesn't follow the Bills and has no idea who Marshawn Lynch is.

:rolleyes:

***** was trying to get paid from the get go.
I don't know about that, but I have a lot less sympathy for her by lying about what the car did after it hit her, exaggerating her injuries, and trying to sue the bars on Chippewa. I now hope she gets just a low 5-figure settlement, if even, and that she either uses it on gastric bypass, or Jenny Craig and a gym membership.