PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated QB's of all time?

Bill Brasky
06-25-2008, 09:34 AM
I'd put Joe Namath near or at the top of my list. In fact, I consider him one of the most overrated athletes ever. He def deserves to be in the HOF with career numbers like these:

TD 173
INT 220
YARDS 27,663
YARDS/GAME 197
RATING 65.5
COMP % 50.1
WINS 77
LOSES 108

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Drew Bledsoe.

Jan Reimers
06-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Troy Aikman.

Thurmal
06-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Mike Vick

Brett Favre

Jan Reimers
06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Mike Vick

Brett Favre
Vick, definitely. Favre was very good, though.

hydro
06-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Mike Vick

Brett Favre

Farve? :roflmao:

Philagape
06-25-2008, 09:49 AM
While I don't necessarily agree, I can see why some would think Favre is overrated. He made a lot of bonehead plays until the very end.

Pinkerton Security
06-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I'd put Joe Namath near or at the top of my list. In fact, I consider him one of the most overrated athletes ever. He def deserves to be in the HOF with career numbers like these:

TD 173
INT 220
YARDS 27,663
YARDS/GAME 197
RATING 65.5
COMP % 50.1
WINS 77
LOSES 108

Spot on with Namath dude. He sucks. Look at that QB rating! and the completion percentage! yet people do seem to think hes this amazing qb. Now, I wasnt old enough to ever watch him, but from a pure stats standpoint he looks terrible, and it seems like if he hadnt "predicted" a win, he wouldnt be so famous.

Vick and Vince Young are both way up on my list as well.

As is Tom Brady.:str8face:

Thurmal
06-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Farve? :roflmao:

Yeah, Favre. People talk about him like he was the greatest player of all time. I heard some guy on ESPN Radio just a few days ago say that, when Favre was on, "there was no better QB ever."

I can't be the only one who remembers that he used to have at least 4-6 games per season where he threw the ball up for grabs all day and was just generally crappy.

Pinkerton Security
06-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, Favre. People talk about him like he was the greatest player of all time. I heard some guy on ESPN Radio just a few days ago say that, when Favre was on, "there was no better QB ever."

I can't be the only one who remembers that he used to have at least 4-6 games per season where he threw the ball up for grabs all day and was just generally crappy.

true, but I also remember him willing his team to victory on many an occasion as well, which cant be done by many.

hydro
06-25-2008, 09:53 AM

That was mainly at the end of his career with a lack luster supporting cast. Can't judge a guy trying to make plays with the guys he had.

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Can't judge a guy trying to make plays with the guys he had.
unless we're talking about the bills.

The King
06-25-2008, 09:55 AM
definitely Aikman

Ebenezer
06-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Dan Marino.

Thurmal
06-25-2008, 10:23 AM
That was mainly at the end of his career with a lack luster supporting cast. Can't judge a guy trying to make plays with the guys he had.

Yeah, if by "the end of his career" you mean every season from about 1999.

yordad
06-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Can't judge a guy trying to make plays with the guys he had.Doesn't that sound familiar there hydro?

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Kelly, couldn't win when it counted.

hydro
06-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Doesn't that sound familiar there hydro?
It goes both ways yordad.

User Manuel
06-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Bradshaw - Had far and away the best talent in the league and an incredible running game.

Griese - See above, managed the team, didn't win games.

Marino - Great stats, couldn't set himself aside for the better of the team.

Namath - More flash than true number, kind of the opposite of Marino, his one SB victory catapulted him to status beyond his true worth.

Kelly -He was very good, but is in HOF because of Thurman, not the other way around.

DrGraves
06-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Losman... from all the losman knuckleheads in this forum haha

yordad
06-25-2008, 10:33 AM
It goes both ways yordad.Yep, that is my point. Unless you are trying to say Farve was washed up his second to last year, and his last year he sucked but the surrounding talent made the plays.

In which case, your wrong. If you are gonna tell me Farve sucked his last year, you are wrong.

Otherwise I don't know what your referring to with "It goes both ways".

hydro
06-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Yep, that is my point. Unless you are trying to say Farve was washed up his second to last year, and his last year he sucked but the surrounding talent made the plays.

In which case, your wrong. If you are gonna tell me Farve sucked his last year, you are wrong.

Otherwise I don't know what your referring to with "It goes both ways".

That comment had nothing to do with farve.

You said:

Doesn't that sound familiar there hydro?

I said it goes both ways which was referring to our QB situation which I figured is what you are talking about. NO?

yordad
06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
That comment had nothing to do with farve.

You said:

I said it goes both ways which was referring to our QB situation which I figured is what you are talking about. NO?OK, well what goes both ways for our situation? And, if it goes both ways for our situation, why not for Farve?

SpillerThrills
06-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Tom Brady.... if it wasn't for the cheating he wouldn't be anything!

Jan Reimers
06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Losman... from all the losman knuckleheads in this forum haha
Just couldn't resist, could ya'?:bandwagon

hydro
06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
OK, well what goes both ways for our situation? And, if it goes both ways for our situation, why not for Farve?

:huh: I am not sure where you are going here?

I stated Farve had a poor supporting cast a good part of his career and that is why he tried too hard at times.

You said that sounds familar, and yes it is in our QB situation yet it works in favor to both our QBs.

So what is your point?

The Answer
06-25-2008, 11:19 AM

In terms of numbers, yes he now is officially the greatest QB of all time - at least until Peyton Manning likely surpasses him down the road.

Also he has been to two superbowls, winning one championship. And played very well late in his career - definitely a HOF'er anyway you slice it so it's hard to call a player with these credentials overrated. Regardless of how many bad games he had per season, he had way more good games and I would take that anyday over the crap we've seen the greater part of the last decade.

~The Answer

Thurmal
06-25-2008, 11:25 AM
In terms of numbers, yes he now is officially the greatest QB of all time - at least until Peyton Manning likely surpasses him down the road.

Also he has been to two superbowls, winning one championship. And played very well late in his career - definitely a HOF'er anyway you slice it so it's hard to call a player with these credentials overrated. Regardless of how many bad games he had per season, he had way more good games and I would take that anyday over the crap we've seen the greater part of the last decade.

~The Answer
I'm not saying the guy wasn't great; he certainly was. But I wouldn't put him up there with Montana, Unitas, Elway, etc like every other media personality.

You can be great and still be overrated. Emmitt Smith is probably a good example.

The Answer
06-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm not saying the guy wasn't great; he certainly was. But I wouldn't put him up there with Montana, Unitas, Elway, etc like every other media personality.

You can be great and still be overrated. Emmitt Smith is probably a good example.

Favre is definitely in the top 10, but I would put Montana, Unitis, Elway, Brady, Manning, and possibly Marino ahead of him.

~The Answer

yordad
06-25-2008, 11:47 AM
:huh: I am not sure where you are going here?

I stated Farve had a poor supporting cast a good part of his career and that is why he tried too hard at times.

You said that sounds familar, and yes it is in our QB situation yet it works in favor to both our QBs.

So what is your point?My point is you used it for an excuse for Farve, but have been denying it as an excuse for Losman. You have been putting all of our offensive problems on Losman. Could it be that Losman tries to hard becasue of a poor supporting cast, I will do an edit and give you a link.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=149956

hydro
06-25-2008, 11:55 AM
My point is you used it for an excuse for Farve, but have been denying it as an excuse for Losman. You have been putting all of our offensive problems on Losman. Could it be that Losman tries to hard becasue of a poor supporting cast, I will do an edit and give you a link.

And it goes the same way for Edwards trying too hard.

I am not going to get into another Bills QB argument with you even though you might get off on it.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Bradshaw
Elway

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Marino, never won when it counted.

njsue
06-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Neil O'donnell

Boomer Esiason

Brian Griese

Jay Shroeder

LtFinFan66
06-25-2008, 12:13 PM

I can't be the only one who remembers that he used to have at least 4-6 games per season where he threw the ball up for grabs all day and was just generally crappy.That's crazy

LtFinFan66
06-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Marino, never won when it counted.Guess you could add Jim Kelly then if that is your criteria:idunno:

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Guess you could add Jim Kelly then if that is your criteria:idunno:
Already did, see my first post in this thread.

LtFinFan66
06-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Already did, see my first post in this thread.:up: Missed it

The Spaz
06-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Neil O'donnell

Boomer Esiason

Brian Griese

Jay Shroeder

Were talking about being overrated not just plain sucking...lol

yordad
06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
And it goes the same way for Edwards trying too hard.

I am not going to get into another Bills QB argument with you even though you might get off on it.Get off? Are you projecting? Could you be more specific about how one would go about "getting off" on this subject?

BlackMetalNinja
06-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Get off? Are you projecting? Could you be more specific about how one would go about "getting off" on this subject?

Certain posters around here seem to enjoy arguing over the QBs on this team just a little too much, perhaps Hydro confused you for one of them. At any rate, I think it's probably smarter to leave that particular debate alone.

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Certain posters around here seem to enjoy arguing over the QBs on this team just a little too much, perhaps Hydro confused you for one of them. At any rate, I think it's probably smarter to leave that particular debate alone.
I see nothing wrong with pointing out inconsistencies of a posters way of thinking.

yordad
06-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Hydro, did you call me a ***?

DraftBoy
06-25-2008, 02:29 PM

A discussion that I advise you take to PM's and is not meant for this thread

BlackMetalNinja
06-25-2008, 02:35 PM

I think you're reading far too much into this, and as Draftboy said, I'd advise you to take this up in PMs or contact a staff member. You're not going to have this argument on the boards though.

losman420
06-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Guess you could add Jim Kelly then if that is your criteria:idunno:AFC championship games dont count?

Night Train
06-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Anyone that looks at "stats" and says Namath is overrated is a 20 something know it all who basically is telling most of us " I actually know little but will never admit it. "

Sorry but I saw Namath play multiple times and his arm was off the charts. 60 yard missles with just a flick of the wrist. He never should have played his last 5 years when his knees were mush but it was a completely different era of football.

The most popular football player of his time. Huge ovations at every stadium, home or away. Marino copied his form to the letter.

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 04:42 PM
AFC championship games dont count?
The only thing that counts is the ring.

LtFinFan66
06-25-2008, 04:45 PM
AFC championship games dont count?No

X-Era
06-25-2008, 04:58 PM

TD 173
INT 220
YARDS 27,663
YARDS/GAME 197
RATING 65.5
COMP % 50.1
WINS 77
LOSES 108
Most of you know my take...

Tom Brady is the icon for overrated QB's.

I dont care, throw stats at me, rings, whatever. I remain convinced that if the guy played for Miami, they would have won 2 games last year instead of 1. The Giants proved that all it takes is pressure and he crumbles and turns into dust.

He has a stellar, all world team, and he ought to pay THEM to stay on that squad as long as he can (his ridiculous low ball contract proves that even he knows it). Because if he ever left, everyone would learn what a fake he really is.

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 04:59 PM

I dont care, throw stats at me, rings, whatever. I remain convinced that if the guy played for Miami, they would have won 2 games last year instead of 1. The Giants proved that all it takes is pressure and he crumbles and turns into dust.

He has a stellar, all world team, and he ought to pay THEN to stay on that squad as long as he can. Because if he ever left, everyone would learn what a fake he really is.
You could use that logic for just about every "great" QB out there.

X-Era
06-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Favre is definitely in the top 10, but I would put Montana, Unitis, Elway, Brady, Manning, and possibly Marino ahead of him.

~The Answer

I hope you mean Eli. Peyton is one of the best QB's to ever put on a uniform and probably THE best IMO. He has done more with less than ANY of the other guys you mention.

X-Era
06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
You could use that logic for just about every "great" QB out there.

The question was asked, I answered how I feel.

I cant prove it, and the list that others give also has little proof.

Its a matter of opinion and thats where I stand.

Devin
06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I hope you mean Eli. Peyton is one of the best QB's to ever put on a uniform and probably THE best IMO. He has done more with less than ANY of the other guys you mention.

Peyton manning? More with less? are you being funny?

Devin
06-25-2008, 05:49 PM
I will say this, by overrated we are talking about guys who are either in the HOF or are mentioned as potentials. Which means that while we may believe them to be overrated they have in thier careers won, won often in most cases and in a few cases won world titles. So I will say I have a great deal of respect for them and while I may feel some are overrated it in no way is me saying that they were bad QB's.

Overrated:

Joe Namath - No question great athlete, but to even be mentioned as great, HOF....etc. is laughable.

Mike Vick - See above.

Terry Bradshaw - "Bradshaw Syndrome" to be the starting QB on a team stacked with talent all around you, be able to put up average numbers, win, and come off as "an all time great". Good QB no doubt, great qb? not hardly.

Troy Aikman - Arguably on one of the greatest teams ever assembled and his numbers dont touch most, there are backup QB's in the NFL who have had better seasons. Thanks Emmitt, Irvin, my ******edly amazing OL....etc. Course that said 3 SB rings will get you there most times. Prime example of Bradshaw syndrome.

Marino/Kelly - If all the above guys make this category all having won multiple superbowls these two almost have to go here. Great QB's, with all the tools (physically/mentally) you could want. But when it mattered most both were not exactly what id call clutch. And both played on some pretty stellar teams. I wont lie I was truly shocked Kelly made the HOF on the first go round.

Drew Bledsoe - I think he gets there one day, it maybe 20 years from now but it wouldnt shock me. Drew had his games where he looked amazing, unfortunatley twice as many that went the other way. I am glad the guy got a ring, and hes got decent numbers. Compared to some in the hall already he looks friggin amazing. Will he get in? I think so down the road sometime, do I think he deserves it? Nah.

Youre out your friggin minds:

Brett Favre - I'll give you he was good for a few bonehead plays/games a year but outside that I would have trouble seeing where you are basing this. Forget his ridiculous stats, Favre was the embodiement of a "field general". Unlike Bradshaw, Aikman and many others this guys TD-INT ratio wasnt even close. Greatest QB ever.....sure probably not, although one could certainly argue hes in that class. Overrated? You've lost your friggin marbles.

And correct me if I am wrong but didnt this guy go to the pro bowl recently? Like his second to last or maybe even last two years? I know in the 2006 season he had outstanding numbers. At the end of the day the bad games couldnt touch how many GREAT ones he had. For every 2-3 INT game he had, he had 2 4TD games.

Tom Brady - Look I hate the guy but it is what it is. Stats/Rings/Super models aside he flirted with the SB with who? Jabar Gaffney as a starter? He flat out makes WR's stars, no matter who they are. The patriots have weaknesses, QB isnt one of them. Brady and Manning both will have another ring/s before its all said and done. Hate on him and the pats all you want, but I feel about him the exact opposite as Edwards does. You put Brady on almost any team and hes going to make them a winner.

No reason even discussing it yet:

Anyone drafted ROUGHLY from 2004 til now. (Losman, Young, Lienart....etc)

R. Rich
06-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I will say this, by overrated we are talking about guys who are either in the HOF or are mentioned as potentials. Which means that while we may believe them to be overrated they have in thier careers won, won often in most cases and in a few cases won world titles. So I will say I have a great deal of respect for them and while I may feel some are overrated it in no way is me saying that they were bad QB's.

Overrated:

Joe Namath - No question great athlete, but to even be mentioned as great, HOF....etc. is laughable.

Mike Vick - See above.

Terry Bradshaw - "Bradshaw Syndrome" to be the starting QB on a team stacked with talent all around you, be able to put up average numbers, win, and come off as "an all time great". Good QB no doubt, great qb? not hardly.

Troy Aikman - Arguably on one of the greatest teams ever assembled and his numbers dont touch most, there are backup QB's in the NFL who have had better seasons. Thanks Emmitt, Irvin, my ******edly amazing OL....etc. Course that said 3 SB rings will get you there most times. Prime example of Bradshaw syndrome.

Marino/Kelly - If all the above guys make this category all having won multiple superbowls these two almost have to go here. Great QB's, with all the tools (physically/mentally) you could want. But when it mattered most both were not exactly what id call clutch. And both played on some pretty stellar teams. I wont lie I was truly shocked Kelly made the HOF on the first go round.

Drew Bledsoe - I think he gets there one day, it maybe 20 years from now but it wouldnt shock me. Drew had his games where he looked amazing, unfortunatley twice as many that went the other way. I am glad the guy got a ring, and hes got decent numbers. Compared to some in the hall already he looks friggin amazing. Will he get in? I think so down the road sometime, do I think he deserves it? Nah.

Youre out your friggin minds:

Brett Favre - I'll give you he was good for a few bonehead plays/games a year but outside that I would have trouble seeing where you are basing this. Forget his ridiculous stats, Favre was the embodiement of a "field general". Unlike Bradshaw, Aikman and many others this guys TD-INT ratio wasnt even close. Greatest QB ever.....sure probably not, although one could certainly argue hes in that class. Overrated? You've lost your friggin marbles.

And correct me if I am wrong but didnt this guy go to the pro bowl recently? Like his second to last or maybe even last two years? I know in the 2006 season he had outstanding numbers. At the end of the day the bad games couldnt touch how many GREAT ones he had. For every 2-3 INT game he had, he had 2 4TD games.

Tom Brady - Look I hate the guy but it is what it is. Stats/Rings/Super models aside he flirted with the SB with who? Jabar Gaffney as a starter? He flat out makes WR's stars, no matter who they are. The patriots have weaknesses, QB isnt one of them. Brady and Manning both will have another ring/s before its all said and done. Hate on him and the pats all you want, but I feel about him the exact opposite as Edwards does. You put Brady on almost any team and hes going to make them a winner.

No reason even discussing it yet:

Anyone drafted ROUGHLY from 2004 til now. (Losman, Young, Lienart....etc)

Wow.

Namath and Bradshaw overrated? Yikes.

Okay, back to our ESPN-sponsored edition of Short Attention Span Theater...

The Answer
06-25-2008, 06:04 PM

I guess your right. After all guys like Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edge James, Marcus Pollard, etc are the epitome of mediorce. Also let's not forget how bad the colts oline has been all these years.

But in all seriousness - if anything you can make the case that Peyton is very overrated considering the fact he has never played on a team that had no semblance of a supporting cast on offense. Even JP Losman likely would have put up better numbers playing with an all pro offense year after year like Manning has. Actually now that I think about it Favre is definitely a better QB than Manning considering the circumstances.

~The Answer

Devin
06-25-2008, 06:06 PM
I guess your right. After all guys like Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edge James, Marcus Pollard, etc are the epitome of mediorce. Also let's not forget how bad the colts oline has been all these years...

......Dallas clark, Addai, Stokley.....etc

The Answer
06-25-2008, 06:17 PM
......Dallas clark, Addai, Stokley.....etc

Yep they suck too.

~The Answer

mayotm
06-25-2008, 06:33 PM

He has a stellar, all world team, and he ought to pay THEM to stay on that squad as long as he can (his ridiculous low ball contract proves that even he knows it). Because if he ever left, everyone would learn what a fake he really is.No offense, but until last year, Brady's supporting cast on offense hasn't been anything special. In fact, it's been fairly average. I hate Brady and Patriots as much as most Bills fans. However, Brady is a pretty damn good and unfortunately, the Patriots are going to be pretty damn good as long as he's their QB.

mikemac2001
06-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Todd Collins after this yr

Confused
06-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Vick
Romo
V.Young
J.Hostetler
Flutie

Luisito23
06-26-2008, 06:52 AM
I guess your right. After all guys like Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Marcus Pollard, etc are the epitome of mediorce.

Peyton Manning has made what those guys are right now, he is the smartest and best QB in the league, and anyone who thinks that he's overrated is out of their stupid minds...

Luisito23
06-26-2008, 06:57 AM
Oh and you can call Vick overrated all you want, but how did that exact team looked without him behind center?....Sure he was never a great passer, and made alot of bad decisions, but his incredible physical ability and his athelicism more than made up for it...

X-Era
06-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Peyton Manning has made what those guys are right now, he is the smartest and best QB in the league, and anyone who thinks that he's overrated is out of their stupid minds...

Lets not forget that Peyton has pretty much never had a defense and still has kept the Colts in contention year in and year out.

Marvin Harrison is a stud, yes. But Reggie Wayne would have been an average #2 on any other team until just this last year. Stokley? Your looking at a sound WR thats it. Clark? Hes a pass catching TE who benefits from playing with Peyton.

As for RB's, was it that each was great or that they have open lanes because teams are so worried about Peyton?

When Edge went to Ari, he was a stud? Addai would be a stud on any other team? The ONLY RB that you could honestly say was great was the one they let go, Marshall Faulk.

TacklingDummy
06-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Jim Kelly, he never lived up to his College and USFL career's in my opinion.

Dr. Lecter
06-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Huh?

What?

Have you ever liked a Buffalo QB?

TacklingDummy
06-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Huh?

What?

Have you ever liked a Buffalo QB?

Never said I didn't like him.

Stat. wise I just expected more out of Kelly considering what he did in the USFL.

Jan Reimers
06-26-2008, 08:38 AM

Stat. wise I just expected more out of Kelly considering what he did in the USFL.
The USFL was just a tad different than the NFL.

R. Rich
06-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Trent Edwards still hasn't lived up to that 564 yard, 8 TD performance he had in Madden, so I'd say he's quite the disappointment also.

Dr. Lecter
06-26-2008, 09:36 AM

He ran a pass only offense in the USFL.

How can you compare the two?

gr8slayer
06-26-2008, 09:38 AM
He ran a pass only offense in the USFL.

How can you compare the two?
And he was playing against inferior competition in the USFL too.

Romes
06-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Steve Young. He was a great QB but he doesn't hold a candle to Montana to which he often gets compared, too.

justasportsfan
06-26-2008, 10:37 AM
And he was playing against inferior competition in the USFL too.
he would be surrounded by inferior talent as well so that evens things out.

gr8slayer
06-26-2008, 10:48 AM
he would be surrounded by inferior talent as well so that evens things out.
Wait what? Run that by me again.

Michael82
06-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Tom Brady - sure he looked good, but so many people consider him the best QB ever and we will never really know how he benefitted from the cheating that his team did. I'm sure that it wasn't a coincidence that he always looked better in the 2nd half, after the team had time to look at the video tapes of the signals. :ill:

TacklingDummy
06-26-2008, 12:41 PM
The USFL was just a tad different than the NFL.

Agreed.

That doesn't mean I can't be disappointed in what Kelly did in the NFL stat. wise. Winning wise, there is no disappointment besides in Super Bowls.

He only had over 25 TD passes once.
Never threw for over 4000 yards.
8 of his 11 years he had 17+ INT.

justasportsfan
06-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Wait what? Run that by me again.I take it you meant he was playing against inferior talent in the USFL compared to the ones in the NFL?

If that's the case then I agree but he would also have inferior talent blocking for him, catching, running compared to the NFL.

gr8slayer
06-26-2008, 01:01 PM
I take it you meant he was playing against inferior talent in the USFL compared to the ones in the NFL?

If that's the case then I agree but he would also have inferior talent blocking for him, catching, running compared to the NFL.
Yeah, that's where I was going with it.

X-Era
06-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Trent Edwards still hasn't lived up to that 564 yard, 8 TD performance he had in Madden, so I'd say he's quite the disappointment also.

Thats your best?

I ran up 200+ points against the Fins in one game using Edwards on Madden 08, hes just about to do the same in the NFL. :dance:

Yes, I have seen the crack pipe... and it is good.

Bill Brasky
06-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Anyone that looks at "stats" and says Namath is overrated is a 20 something know it all who basically is telling most of us " I actually know little but will never admit it. "

Sorry but I saw Namath play multiple times and his arm was off the charts. 60 yard missles with just a flick of the wrist. He never should have played his last 5 years when his knees were mush but it was a completely different era of football.

The most popular football player of his time. Huge ovations at every stadium, home or away. Marino copied his form to the letter.
thanks for the put down. ovations, popularity, and arm strength have nothing to do with production. i've watched tapes of older games, sorry i wasn't born in 1958 to watch them live, i guess that makes it different. plain and simple - he doesn't impress me. he's a product of playing in NYC and making one prediction that luckily came true. what else did he do with his career? being a media "icon" doesn't win football games. maybe if it did he'd have a career winning % over .500. last i checked you don't get into the HOF by having a "sweet personality" coupled with lackluster production. i'm not saying he's the worst QB ever, but his game was highly overrated IMO and on paper he doesn't belong in the HOF.

michael vick was pretty popular and had a cannon for an arm, didn't really help him out though. maybe we should put him in the HOF based on that.

Bill Brasky
06-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Steve Young. He was a great QB but he doesn't hold a candle to Montana to which he often gets compared, too.

i don't see how comparing steve young to perhaps the greatest QB of all time even makes sense in this debate. winning a SB and having one of the most accurate arms in league history doesn't really constitute being overrated in my eyes.

Romes
06-27-2008, 10:07 AM
i don't see how comparing steve young to perhaps the greatest QB of all time even makes sense in this debate. winning a SB and having one of the most accurate arms in league history doesn't really constitute being overrated in my eyes.

It makes sense because in my opinion, comparing Young to Montana, is automatically overrating Young. And that debate does occur.

To me it seemed like Young was helped a lot by having the greatest WR ever and great offensive coaches which designed schemes that were tailored to the high percentage passes.

The Super Bowl he won was against a weak San Diego team, and even though they beat a good Cowboys team to get there. Dallas had a terrible game giving up 21 early points due to turnovers. If he doesn't win that Super Bowl does he make the Hall of Fame? :idunno:

Anyway, he did and obviously the Hall of Fame committee disagrees with me...

The Jokeman
06-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Kelly, couldn't win when it counted.
Sadly I agree with you. As big fan of the Bills it pains me to say I think part of the reason we never got the title because of Kelly. I'm not going to squarely blame him for losing all 4 Super Bowls but he played a hand in each one. Of course one could play devil's advocate and say we might have never made the big game without Kelly either yet still wonder what if had Marino with Thurman, Bruce etc just how good we would have been. As to me the position of QB on the whole is overrated to begin with.

Manjo
06-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Bradshaw - 1 of 2 QBs with 4 SB rings, and never lost an SB. Check his stats during those playoff runs, and that was when it was actually difficult to complete a pass. Nowadays, teams (see Patriots last year) pass pratically every play. The Steelers of the '70s were one of the greatest NFL TEAMS ever, and Bradshaw was their leader. Unless you grew up in Pittsburgh during that time, you have no appreciation for how important he was to that team. Bradshaw and Kelly are both in the HOF, but that's where the similarity ends. Bradshaw is at a totally different and higher level. It's not even close. If anyone is overrated, it's Kelly.

Preacher
06-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Bradshaw definitely is not overrated for a couple of reasons.

He is never mentioned as the best QB, or one of the best QB's of the league. He was a very good QB that played even better in the playoffs. That made him an excellent QB. However, overrated... nope. Cuz no one rates him as top 10... 20 maybe.. and that is probably about right.

Captain gameboy
06-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Say what you want about Namath's stats.
Different game in a different time, with way, way, way different passing game rules.

He was the single most accurate passer and had a release as quick as anyone I have ever seen.

He played on some horrible teams.

More than anyone else, he gave the AFL credibility, and that has shaped history since.

In my view, Namath is a guy who's story is not nearly told by career stats.

Historian
06-30-2008, 05:08 AM
More than anyone else, he gave the AFL credibility, and that has shaped history since.

In my view, Namath is a guy who's story is not nearly told by career stats.

Exactly. Had his worst games as a pro, right here in Buffalo though, lol.

My overrated list would include:

Danny White
Bernie Kosar
Steve Young
Frank Reich
Don Strock
Tony Eason
Jim McMahon
Phil Simms
Dan Marino (after Duper and Clayton were busted for dope, he was pretty much average)
Warren Moon

The Best:

John Elway
Brett Farve
Joe Montana
Tom Brady

QBs I think were clutch that never get the pub:

Roger Staubach
Bob Griese
Ken Anderson
Dan Fouts
Steve Grogan
Brian Sipe
Len Dawson
Fran Tarkenton

That "special something"

Jim Kelly
Joe Namath
Peyton Manning
Bart Starr
BTerry radshaw
Jack Kemp
Ken Stabler
Randall Cunningham

Don't know how they ever made it to the Pros:

Bubby Brister
Todd Collins
Ron Jaworski
Bill Kilmer
Sonny Jurgensen
Jay Schroeder
Neil O'Donnell
Dan Pastorini
David Woodley

Bert102176
06-30-2008, 05:53 AM
def. aikman

Captain gameboy
06-30-2008, 06:18 AM
Exactly. Had his worst games as a pro, right here in Buffalo though, lol.

We always, or nearly always, figured a way to pressure him, and he was the least mobile qb in the history of football at any level.

The year they became the first AFL team to win the Super Bowl, our only win was against them.
After the SB win, some reporter asked him about the Colts defense-I remember specifically that he said the Bills defense, (1-12-1 that year) was tougher.

The man did not have the word trajectory in his repertoire.

Everything was a rope.

I too, remember the standing O he got is last game here.

I believe that was also the game where we hit him so much he got up once, took his helmet off, and launched it into the ground.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-30-2008, 07:41 AM
My overrated list would include:
Dan Marino (after Duper and Clayton were busted for dope, he was pretty much average)

That "special something"
Jim Kelly

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Marino tore his Achilles tendon in 1993. He has started the year very strong (without Duper). Many predicted that his career was over. In 1994 (without Duper or Clayton), he threw for the third most yards in his career and had 30 TD passes.

From 1994 to 1996 (when Kelly retired), here is how Marino and Kelly compared:

Marino - 10,916 yards, 71 TDs
Kelly - 9,054 yards, 56 TDs

Kelly put up his numbers with a HOF running back and a future HOF WR.

R. Rich
06-30-2008, 01:22 PM
The Best:

John Elway
Brett Farve
Joe Montana
Tom Brady

No mention of John Unitas or Otto Graham????

Some historian.

Ebenezer
06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
The Best:

John Elway

I disagree. Without T. Davis he never wins the big one and goes down the list.

Night Train
06-30-2008, 06:21 PM
thanks for the put down. ovations, popularity, and arm strength have nothing to do with production. i've watched tapes of older games, sorry i wasn't born in 1958 to watch them live, i guess that makes it different. plain and simple - he doesn't impress me. he's a product of playing in NYC and making one prediction that luckily came true. what else did he do with his career? being a media "icon" doesn't win football games. maybe if it did he'd have a career winning % over .500. last i checked you don't get into the HOF by having a "sweet personality" coupled with lackluster production. i'm not saying he's the worst QB ever, but his game was highly overrated IMO and on paper he doesn't belong in the HOF.

michael vick was pretty popular and had a cannon for an arm, didn't really help him out though. maybe we should put him in the HOF based on that.

Based on your genius, Gale Sayers doesn't deserve it either. Not a lot of yards and only 58 career games.

So you think the HOF voting is an "old boy" network many times over and not based on actual talent ?

LOL at Mick Vick even being brought into the conversation. Good God. That's pathetic.

Night Train
06-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Don't know how they ever made it to the Pros:
Sonny Jurgensen

Incredible

BSXIII
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I disagree. Without T. Davis he never wins the big one and goes down the list.

I hate this argument. John Elway started in 5 Super Bowls. In his prime he carried some pretty mediocre teams to the Super Bowl, where they were completely outmached. He was great as both a gunslinger in his younger years, and as a game manager near the end.

He wasn't at his physical peak when they won the two Super Bowls, but he was certainly the leader of that offense, and really adjusted his game when his physical skills eroded a bit. At his peak he was just as exciting, but never quite as implosive as Favre, and is one of the few QB's I've seen who would deliver a hit while running with the ball. During the two Super Bowl wins, he was a grittier version of Tom Brady. The guy covered the whole specturm.

Also, 5 Super Bowls and the best player he ever played with was Terrell Davis... Isn't that the epitomy of underrated?

TacklingDummy
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
The Best:

John Elway
Brett Farve
Joe Montana
Tom Brady

That "special something"

Jim Kelly
Joe Namath
Peyton Manning
Bart Starr
BTerry radshaw
Jack Kemp
Ken Stabler
Randall Cunningham

Manning belongs in the same group as those other 4.

Historian
07-01-2008, 05:06 AM
Meh.

I don't think so. Not yet anyways TD.

And I deduct points from him because he plays indoors.

Historian
07-01-2008, 05:11 AM
Where do you come up with this stuff?

I make it up...then fishies like you take the bait.

:D

Marino tore his Achilles tendon in 1993.

Yea, then after that he was almost painful to watch.

From 1994 to 1996 (when Kelly retired), here is how Marino and Kelly compared:

Marino - 10,916 yards, 71 TDs
Kelly - 9,054 yards, 56 TDs

Kelly put up his numbers with a HOF running back and a future HOF WR.

Which is why Kelly is neither underrated or a great IMO, but he had that special something.

All Marino ever did was cry to the refs...

Bill Brasky
07-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Based on your genius, Gale Sayers doesn't deserve it either. Not a lot of yards and only 58 career games.

So you think the HOF voting is an "old boy" network many times over and not based on actual talent ?

LOL at Mick Vick even being brought into the conversation. Good God. That's pathetic.
well if you're such a genius maybe you should get a job in journalism instead of acting like the bob costas of message boards.

FinFaninBuffalo
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
All Marino ever did was cry to the refs...

And win the second most games at QB in the history of the NFL.....

And carry a team nearly devoid of other talent.

Kelly had Thomas, Reed, Bruce, Bennett, Talley, a stellar OL as a group, etc, etc. A great roster built by Polian.

Please identify the following players on the Dolphins during that era:

1. the RB that was equal to Thomas
2. the WR that was equal to Reed
3. the DE that was equal to Smith
4. the LBs that were equal to Bennett and Talley

The Bills offense was based largely on Thurman Thomas. Their defense was much more consistent from 1988 through 1994. During that era, every year that the Bills and Dolphins defenses gave up similar amounts of points, they had similar records.

BTW, the biggest crybaby was Bruce Smith. That doesn't mean he wasn't a great DE.

justasportsfan
07-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Dan is arguably the best passer in the history of the NFL. I don't think he's overrated at all although his ego is what caused him to be kelly's beeeoitch.

FinFaninBuffalo
07-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Dan is arguably the best passer in the history of the NFL. I don't think he's overrated at all although his ego is what caused him to be kelly's beeeoitch.

Unless his ego played defense or was the Defensive Coordinator, I don't know what you are talking about. Tom Olivadotti was the Bills whipping boy.

gr8slayer
07-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Marino and Kelly are both vastly overrated by their respective fan bases.

Luisito23
07-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Marino sucks!...Jimbo all the way!

Mr. Pink
07-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Marino and Kelly are both vastly overrated by their respective fan bases.

You said something I actually agree to! Whoa!

Historian
07-03-2008, 03:44 PM
And win the second most games at QB in the history of the NFL.....

Well if you stay in the league into your 40's that's not exactly an accomplishment.

FinFaninBuffalo
07-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Well if you stay in the league into your 40's that's not exactly an accomplishment.

What a surprise, the "Historian" is not historically accurate.

Historian
07-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Here was my favorite thing:

Sunday night football, TNT, ESPN...whatever.

Joe Theismann: Okay...Okay...watch Dan here....He drops back...he looks off that safety...and zip....the ball is away! Magnificent!

Mike Patrick: Ummm...Joe, it went for an interception touchdown by the defense.

Joe Theismann: Yea but what a GREAT LOOK OFF by Dan! Dan is the best pure passer in the history of this game! I wish I were 20 years younger just so I could play against him! I love Dan Marino. Isn't he fun to watch????

Paul Maguire: I wonder if NBC would take me back at a reduced salary? :shakeno:

Marino was the poster boy for overrated.

coastal
07-04-2008, 07:44 AM
I used to give Peyton Manning a hard time for never having the ability to win the big one.

He earned it... unlike his cheater nemesis.

If he adds one more, he'd make the list as one of the best ever IMO.

Aside from him... Bradshaw, Montana and perhaps Aikman are the greats at the position.

I thought Brady was going to be the best ever, but I really do believe the cheating completely removes him from any discussion.

As far as over-rated...

I agree with Gr8 about Marino and Kelly. It all starts with winning the big one. The elite have done it more than once.

Super Bowl winners who I believe are over-rated... Big Ben has to top that list for me.

Historian
07-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Theismann: Look Paul....doesn't Dan run out of bounds better than any other quarterback in the league?

coastal
07-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Dan Marino is and always has been a ***. So was Shula for that matter.

I went to their steakhouse one night. The bathroom was a dump, so I wrote them a letter complaining.

They sent me a $100 gift certificate and a signed 8 x 10 picture of Don and his gay kid.

I went again and ate their free chow and used the picture to wipe my ass.

The only cool thing that ever came out of south Florida was Miami Vice.

BillyT92679
07-04-2008, 09:02 AM
I used to give Peyton Manning a hard time for never having the ability to win the big one.

He earned it... unlike his cheater nemesis.

If he adds one more, he'd make the list as one of the best ever IMO.

Aside from him... Bradshaw, Montana and perhaps Aikman are the greats at the position.

I thought Brady was going to be the best ever, but I really do believe the cheating completely removes him from any discussion.

As far as over-rated...

I agree with Gr8 about Marino and Kelly. It all starts with winning the big one. The elite have done it more than once.

Super Bowl winners who I believe are over-rated... Big Ben has to top that list for me.
Bradshaw and Aikman??? Neither were all time greats... they facilitated great teams. Put them on other teams and you wouldn't see much greatness. Unitas, Favre, Elway, Montana... maybe before any of our times, Sammy Baugh

coastal
07-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Bradshaw and Aikman??? Neither were all time greats... they facilitated great teams. Put them on other teams and you wouldn't see much greatness. Unitas, Favre, Elway, Montana... maybe before any of our times, Sammy BaughI suppose it is dependent on how you define greatness.

For me... first and foremost on the list has to be championships!

Football is a team game. Period. Sure you can have individual accomplishments, but the greats get the team to the big dance and then once there... win the ****ing thing!

The truly great ones do it more than once.

Mr. Pink
07-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Most overrated QB of all-time is Montana.

Him leaving San Fran proved it. He was a product of a system. Steve Young came in to the same very system and played at an even higher level. It was proof that as long as they a capable QB their system would have flourished.

Kelly is close, because Thurman Thomas made the offense go here in Buffalo. But I don't ever hear anyone refer to Kelly as an alltime great QB.

Actual All-time great QBs include...Elway, Unitas, Baugh, Graham, Starr...Manning and Brady are on the cusp of entering this threshold though.

Another all-time great, not in terms of what he did on the field because it wasn't anything all that special number wise, is Joe Namath. Namath helped facilitate that the AFL and NFL were equals because before SB III the AFL was thought of as an inferior product.

coastal
07-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Montanta over-rated?

:rofl:

Ogay.

Mr. Pink
07-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Montanta over-rated?

Ogay.

How is he not? He was the product of a system and was overplayed by his backup. When Montana was hurt, Young played better...and when Montana was finally jettisoned, a move that shoulda happened much sooner IMO...Young outperformed him too.

Young shoulda been the starter in SF years sooner, period.

coastal
07-04-2008, 09:26 AM

Mr. Pink
07-04-2008, 09:28 AM

Excellent job backing up your argument of why he isn't! Thanks!

Dr. Lecter
07-04-2008, 09:30 AM
I suppose it is dependent on how you define greatness.

Football is a team game. Period. Sure you can have individual accomplishments, but the greats get the team to the big dance and then once there... win the ****ing thing!

But it is much more than a QB that is responsible.

Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams and Jeff Hostelter all started Super Bowls and won. They are not even close to all time greats.

coastal
07-04-2008, 09:32 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hJItkEV1U3o&feature=related

chernobylwraiths
07-04-2008, 09:33 AM

Holy contradictions Batman!

coastal
07-04-2008, 09:34 AM
But it is much more than a QB that is responsible.

Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams and Jeff Hostelter all started Super Bowls and won. They are not even close to all time greats.What about "first and foremost on the list" and "great ones do it more than once" don't you understand?

Mr. Pink
07-04-2008, 09:36 AM
What about "first and foremost on the list" and "great ones do it more than once" don't you understand?

So is Bob Griese an all-time great?

Dr. Lecter
07-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I suppose it is dependent on how you define greatness.

This is the part that throws people off.

Bling
07-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Face it boys. Marino is a top 5 QB, and Kelly wishes he was as good as Marino.

coastal
07-04-2008, 09:51 AM
So is Bob Griese an all-time great?Why don't you ask Jimmy Johnson whether he would rather have Dan Marino or Bob Griese?

Dr. Lecter
07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Face it boys. Marino is a top 5 QB, and Kelly wishes he was as good as Marino.

Did you ever really get to see either one play in his prime?

coastal
07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
This is the part that throws people off.Reading all 4 sentences is tough.

Dr. Lecter
07-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Reading all 4 sentences is tough.

Especially when two of them contradict one another.

I merely took it to mean greats win the big one and winning more than one takes them to another level.

coastal
07-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Especially when two of them contradict one another.

I merely took it to mean greats win the big one and winning more than one takes them to another level.I suppose you think I am saying that Doug Williams :rrich: > Jim Kelly...

Dr. Lecter
07-04-2008, 10:01 AM
I know you are smarter than that.......

Mr. Pink
07-04-2008, 10:22 AM
I suppose you think I am saying that Doug Williams :rrich: > Jim Kelly...

Well you did imply that Griese>Marino...And I highly doubt any Dolphin fan would think that. The dolphins were a more complete TEAM under Griese than they were under Marino.

Historian
07-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Theismann: Look at the way Dan argues his case to that ref! He is certainly one of the all time greats! Ever see his Isotoner commercials Paul? They're a thing of beauty!

theanswer74
07-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Archie Manning. People actually think he was a good QB because of Eli and Peyton.

Bling
07-04-2008, 11:16 AM
How sad must it have been to know you could have 4 Super Bowls had you drafted the QB drafted picks 13 picks later?

Historian
07-04-2008, 03:55 PM
We wanted Kelly, not O'Brien...

FinFaninBuffalo
07-05-2008, 09:05 AM

Joe Theismann: Okay...Okay...watch Dan here....He drops back...he looks off that safety...and zip....the ball is away! Magnificent!

Joe Theismann: Yea but what a GREAT LOOK OFF by Dan! Dan is the best pure passer in the history of this game! I wish I were 20 years younger just so I could play against him! I love Dan Marino. Isn't he fun to watch????

What color is the sky in your world?

The fact is that Marino is the only QB in the history of the game that was consistently great despite no threat from a running game. Every other QB I have ever watched struggled under the same conditions.

You want evidence? What was the first thing Bill Polian did after losing Edgerrin James? He drafted a running back in the first round. When was the last time he did that? When he selected James in 1999.

Historian
07-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Theismann: Ooooh...look Mike...Dan 's limping. I wonder if Coach Brylcream would mind if I went down and massaged his achilles for him?

FinFaninBuffalo
07-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Theismann: Ooooh...look Mike...Dan 's limping. I wonder if Coach Brylcream would mind if I went down and massaged his achilles for him?

We know the real reason that Ralph Wilson fired Polian. After watching Kelly F up a couple of SuperBowls, he could take it anymore. Even Wilson realized that the Bills should have drafted Marino.

FinFaninBuffalo
07-05-2008, 09:34 AM

Joe Theismann: Kelly looks pretty pathetic tonight.

Paul Maguire: Did you know that Jimbo was recruited by Joe Paterno to play LB?

Joe Theismann: Yea. I heard that. Maybe he should have played LB.

Paul Maguire: LINEBACKER UUUUUU!!!!!!!!! wanted MY MAN Jimbo to play LINEBACKER!!!!

Joe Theismann: I know Paul, BUT he's playing QB.

Paul Maguire: But he plays the QB position like a LB. Everyone says so. Look at that tackle he just made!!!!!! I think the player is hurt!!!!! He tackles better than any QB I have ever seen. Jimbo! Jimbo! Jimbo!

Joe Theismann: Paul. First of all it's rude to cheer when someone is hurt. Second, he had to make the tackle because he threw an interception. I guess everyone is right, he does play QB like a LB.

Paul Maguire: Now you've got it! Even his nickname sounds like a LB's nickname.... Jimbo!!!!! Can I have your baby?!?!?!? Our baby will play LB, Punter, and suck at QB.

Joe Theismann: That's disgusting. They don't pay me enough for this crap. (Joe rips off the microphone and storms off the set)

Paul Maguire: Jimbo, I love you....

Bling
07-05-2008, 01:28 PM

Joe Theismann: Kelly looks pretty pathetic tonight.

Paul Maguire: Did you know that Jimbo was recruited by Joe Paterno to play LB?

Joe Theismann: Yea. I heard that. Maybe he should have played LB.

Paul Maguire: LINEBACKER UUUUUU!!!!!!!!! wanted MY MAN Jimbo to play LINEBACKER!!!!

Joe Theismann: I know Paul, BUT he's playing QB.

Paul Maguire: But he plays the QB position like a LB. Everyone says so. Look at that tackle he just made!!!!!! I think the player is hurt!!!!! He tackles better than any QB I have ever seen. Jimbo! Jimbo! Jimbo!

Joe Theismann: Paul. First of all it's rude to cheer when someone is hurt. Second, he had to make the tackle because he threw an interception. I guess everyone is right, he does play QB like a LB.

Paul Maguire: Now you've got it! Even his nickname sounds like a LB's nickname.... Jimbo!!!!! Can I have your baby?!?!?!? Our baby will play LB, Punter, and suck at QB.

Joe Theismann: That's disgusting. They don't pay me enough for this crap. (Joe rips off the microphone and storms off the set)

Paul Maguire: Jimbo, I love you....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spiderweb
07-05-2008, 09:57 PM

TD 173
INT 220
YARDS 27,663
YARDS/GAME 197
RATING 65.5
COMP % 50.1
WINS 77
LOSES 108

Joe "Willie" as he was know back in the day, was the one who's signing (Jets) gave credibility to the AFL, or so it has been said.

Stat wise, you're right, yet if you ever saw him play, he was an exciting QB in a game considerably different than the one played today. The quickest release I've ever seen. He would **** the ball by his ear and with his wrist alone could throw the ball 30-40 yards down field with a simple flick. Wild gunslinger for sure, but he was exciting in his day.

HOF was made on the one game (SB III) he played conservatively. HOF, no, but exciting, you bet.

kscdogbillsfan1221
07-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Dan Marino is and always has been a ***. So was Shula for that matter.

I went to their steakhouse one night. The bathroom was a dump, so I wrote them a letter complaining.

They sent me a $100 gift certificate and a signed 8 x 10 picture of Don and his gay kid.

I went again and ate their free chow and used the picture to wipe my ass.

The only cool thing that ever came out of south Florida was Miami Vice.

ROFL:respect:

Historian
07-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Theismann: Dan! Dan! Hey Danny! Can you autograph this ball for me? It's for my kid...honest!

FinFaninBuffalo
07-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Theismann: Dan! Dan! Hey Danny! Can you autograph this ball for me? It's for my kid...honest!

Yo. Ralph. Get over it. You guys messed up and drafted the 3rd best QB in the draft. Look on the bright side, you didn't draft Blackledge, O'Brien, or Eason. I know, I know, you drafted Tony Hunter in the same draft :rofl::rofl::rofl: it happens. It was over 20 years ago. Stop beating yourself up over it.

Historian
07-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Theismann: Watch Dan's quick release...WATCH IT! Zoom! It's gone!

Patrick: Unfortunately, it was batted down at the line, Joe.

Spiderweb
07-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Yo. Ralph. Get over it. You guys messed up and drafted the 3rd best QB in the draft. Look on the bright side, you didn't draft Blackledge, O'Brien, or Eason. I know, I know, you drafted Tony Hunter in the same draft :rofl::rofl::rofl: it happens. It was over 20 years ago. Stop beating yourself up over it.

How may SB's did Danny-boy win? How many times did he lead the Fish to the SB?

Seems you need to get over it. Gotta love that lasting memory of him getting plastered by Jacksonville in his final playoff appearance. What was the score? (something like 62-7 or there abouts). Danny-boy was talented, but bottom line is that he failed. Badly at that.....

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch....

LtBillsFan66
07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Johnny Unitis

Historian
07-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Theisman: Paul, at halftime, I'm gonna go down to the locker room and wipe the sweat off Danny's brow...

FinFaninBuffalo
07-07-2008, 06:44 PM
How may SB's did Danny-boy win? How many times did he lead the Fish to the SB?

Seems you need to get over it. Gotta love that lasting memory of him getting plastered by Jacksonville in his final playoff appearance. What was the score? (something like 62-7 or there abouts). Danny-boy was talented, but bottom line is that he failed. Badly at that.....

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch....

How many SBs did Kelly and Co win? How many in the history of the franchise. For the life of me, I cannot understand why Bills fans want to go down that path?

FinFaninBuffalo
07-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Theisman: Paul, at halftime, I'm gonna go down to the locker room and wipe the sweat off Danny's brow...

Ralph. Take your meds.......

R. Rich
07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
How many SBs did Kelly and Co win?

How many in the history of the franchise.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Bills fans want to go down that path?

It's fun.

gr8slayer
07-09-2008, 04:17 PM
How many SBs did Kelly and Co win? How many in the history of the franchise. For the life of me, I cannot understand why Bills fans want to go down that path?
Kelly and Marino were both bums, neither could win when it counted. Happy now?

THATHURMANATOR
07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Marino was a crying *** who couldn't even beat Kelly.

gr8slayer
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Marino was a crying *** who couldn't even beat Kelly.
So he sucks a little bit more than Kelly.