X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZacGriffi~82
    • Jun 2003

Brad Butler Signs Extension

CONTRACT EXTENSION: The Buffalo Bills today announced offensive lineman Brad Butler has signed a contract extension. In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Brad Butler Signs Extension

Originally posted by ZacGriffi~82
    CONTRACT EXTENSION: The Buffalo Bills today announced offensive lineman Brad Butler has signed a contract extension. In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1
    Very interesting...sorry to those around here who think he sucks at RG - clearly the FO doesn't think so.

But this was probably done for cheapness. Butler probably wanted assurances of being on a team and likely took less money for that security. Probably a good idea for him and perhaps for the team also.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
      clearly the FO doesn't think so.
      The FO doesn't think Robert Royal sucks and they don't think Melvin Fowler sucks and for a year and a half they didn't think Tim Anderson sucked and for two years they didn't think Larry Tripplett sucks and they didn't think Peerless Price sucked when they brought him back and they didn't think Matt Bowen sucked when they signed him to a contract to never play a down......

See a pattern here? Just because the FO thinks something doesn't necessarily make it so.

I'm not saying Butler sucks- I honestly haven't watched him closely enough to have an opinion one way or the other. But I'm not going to assume a player is decent just because the FO signed him- they haven't earned that right.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

I remember the Coach Dickerson on WGR used to talk about how well butler played (out of all the people on the Oline besides Peters, he said he played mean and strong and would mention him almost everytime he was on the air), he came to play every game, and I personally think he has a lot of promise. He JUST finally saw a whole season of football last year and contributed to awesome pass protection and low sack total. If you ask me, he's a hell of a lot better than Melvin Fowler and deserves to play on this line. Fowler IS the weakest link on this line and I think Butler will get better and better as he plays.

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
          The FO doesn't think Robert Royal sucks and they don't think Melvin Fowler sucks and for a year and a half they didn't think Tim Anderson sucked and for two years they didn't think Larry Tripplett sucks and they didn't think Peerless Price sucked when they brought him back and they didn't think Matt Bowen sucked when they signed him to a contract to never play a down......

See a pattern here? Just because the FO thinks something doesn't necessarily make it so.

I'm not saying Butler sucks- I honestly haven't watched him closely enough to have an opinion one way or the other. But I'm not going to assume a player is decent just because the FO signed him- they haven't earned that right.
          You definiltey make a good point.

~The Answer

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Now, since we're resigning oline people...let's do the same with Peters, eh?

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

good signing. butler played well last year and will get better.

i hope they gave him more than jason peters, just to chap his greedy ass.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Butler is going to very good very quickly. This is a good move by the Billls.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                  Now, since we're resigning oline people...let's do the same with Peters, eh?
                  there is no need to resign peters.. he just signed his current deal.. he is not holding out for 3 years.. that is career suicide.

let him play another year or two and prove last year was the real deal.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

See a pattern here? Just because the FO thinks something doesn't necessarily make it so..

It's not that they didn't think those guys sucked. They inherited those players and instead of just letting them go, they wanted to see what they can do under new FO . Most teams that are rebuilding go through such things. Teams make moves like Tripplett too and cut them if they don't pan out. They don't cut all the players they inherit . They do eventually get rid of players that don't pan out or are able to grasp their system. teams that are rebuilding go through hit and misses all the time.

YOu should at least give them the benefit of the doubt (seems like you do) since they were right about guys like Spikes and Walker.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

I think alot of those decisions above were more due to the fact that nobody better was available for some of those positions and us having so many holes that anything was an improvement at the time. For example Tripplett wasn't great, but despite that, he was still better than Tim Anderson!

On the other hand you could say that the FO didn't think McCargo sucked. The FO didn't think Marshawn Lynch sucked. They didn't think Fred Jackson sucked. The FO didn't think Poz sucked. They also didn't think DiGiorgio sucked. Etc, etc. I could go on for every bright gem with potential on the team. It works both ways.

No FO on any team is perfect!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Smart move with his versatility he is a guy you keep around.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Very interesting...sorry to those around here who think he sucks at RG - clearly the FO doesn't think so.

But this was probably done for cheapness. Butler probably wanted assurances of being on a team and likely took less money for that security. Probably a good idea for him and perhaps for the team also.

I think Butler has one hell of a potential and they signed him while he isn't proven yet. Just like when they signed Peters as a RT knowing they would move him to LT and be good at it.

If Buttler lives up to his potential I expect another contract renegotiation ala Peters.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            I think Butler has one hell of a potential and they signed him while he isn't proven yet. Just like when they signed Peters as a RT knowing they would move him to LT and be good at it.

If Buttler lives up to his potential I expect another contract renegotiation ala Peters.
                            Well, I doubt that. Butler at best would need to move to RT to try and ask for more money. At RG, that's the lowest paid position on the Oline (atleast it should be) and if he starts asking for alot, he could be replaced relatively easily). On the other hand, if as he gets older (he's a young guy) he takes over for Dockery at some point on the left side, or...takes over Walker's position at RT after he retires, then he might be worth more by then - but as of now, he does not have and won't have any bargaining power for some time to come! And by then, we could have recruited another star through the draft...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Well, I doubt that. Butler at best would need to move to RT to try and ask for more money. At RG, that's the lowest paid position on the Oline (atleast it should be) and if he starts asking for alot, he could be replaced relatively easily). On the other hand, if as he gets older (he's a young guy) he takes over for Dockery at some point on the left side, or...takes over Walker's position at RT after he retires, then he might be worth more by then - but as of now, he does not have and won't have any bargaining power for some time to come! And by then, we could have recruited another star through the draft...
                              I have a feeling he wasn't extended as a proven RG or was locked up cheaply. If he becomes a probowler at RG or becomes solid like Peters , they made a steal. Just like Peters' current salary.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X