• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Bills' Posluszny looks forward to restarting NFL career

Good read - if The Poz stays healthy and plays anything like The Digi than we are going to be loaded and L.A.R.G.E. at the LB position!

Posted: 06/24/2008
    Bills' Posluszny looks forward to restarting NFL career

By Vic Carucci | NFL.com
    Senior Columnist

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Two nasty, six-inch, purple scars tell the story of the nightmare that was Paul Posluszny's rookie season in the NFL. They run vertically along the top and bottom of his left arm, extending from just below the elbow to just above the wrist.

They are reminders of an ending that came, for all intents and purposes, before there was even a beginning.

"It was the toughest thing I've ever had to go through athletically," the Buffalo Bills' middle linebacker said of breaking both bones in his left arm during the third game of the 2007 season.

Unless someone asks about it, Posluszny doesn't give his left arm a second thought anymore. As far as Posluszny is concerned, there's no difference between it and his right arm … except for the fact that it contains two metal plates and eight screws used to surgically reattach the bones............

~The Answer
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Bills' Posluszny looks forward to restarting NFL career

He'll play a lot better than DiGiorgio, who is a nice backup for Poz.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

The Digi can give him a blow every once in a while...take that for whatever you want....lol

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

They traded up for me in the draft, brought me here to play middle linebacker, play right away, and then I kind of failed them. I got hurt and wasn't able to live up to the expectations of what I was supposed to do, so that was just tough to deal with."
        my favorite part of the article. He realizes what the bills gave up to get him. If only Willis was as grateful. Peters , Kelsay ,Schoebel should realize this too.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Poz is gonna be like adding a impact FA for this defense this year, he is gonna light it up and i cant wait to see him line up with Mitchell and Crowell
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

We'll need him to be better than he's ever been this year. He's one of those guys that is going to be boom or bust, not much in between.

Comment

• The Answer
              The Plagiarist
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              Poz is gonna be like adding a impact FA for this defense this year, he is gonna light it up and i cant wait to see him line up with Mitchell and Crowell
              The more I read and hear about The Poz - the more I'm starting to like the cut of his jib.

But make no mistake about it - he still is an unproven commodity and needs to prove he can stay healthy before I take him seriously as an integral piece of this defense. So I'm tread lightly in thinking he's going to be an impact FA because we really don't know what we have yet.

~The Answer

Comment

• im4bflo
                the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
                The more I read and hear about The Poz - the more I'm starting to like the cut of his jib.

But make no mistake about it - he still is an unproven commodity and needs to prove he can stay healthy before I take him seriously as an integral piece of this defense. So I'm tread lightly in thinking he's going to be an impact FA because we really don't know what we have yet.

~The Answer
                Are you talking about Edwards?

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

~The Answer
                  So does this mean you're done sucking "The Digi" off?

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

I was amazed by the flashes of greatness he showed in very limited duty last year while barely knowing the defense. If he can stay healthy, I have no reason not to believe he'll be on of the top 10 MLBs in the league.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madness
                      I was amazed by the flashes of greatness he showed in very limited duty last year while barely knowing the defense. If he can stay healthy, I have no reason not to believe he'll be on of the top 10 MLBs in the league.
                      I don't know about greatness but he had a few moments.

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jamze132
                        So does this mean you're done sucking "The Digi" off?
                        I still believe that The Digi is the best MLB we have on our roster until The Poz proves otherwise. I don't hate The Poz contrary to what some people on this board believe - but the fact of the matter is that The Digi has more experience and is a proven commodity right now compared to The Poz.

Regardless we are L.A.R.G.E and if we lose crowell for some reason we can move The Poz to the outside and see no drop off.

~The Answer

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

I still believe that The Digi is the best MLB we have on our roster until The Poz proves otherwise. I don't hate The Poz contrary to what some people on this board believe - but the fact of the matter is that The Digi has more experience and is a proven commodity right now compared to The Poz.

Regardless we are L.A.R.G.E and if we lose crowell for some reason we can move The Poz to the outside and see no drop off.

~The Answer

I agree but I doubt Dig has the potential to go further than Poz plus I don't have a mancrush for Dig.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

~The Answer
                            "The Digi" is not the best LB on our roster or anyone else's roster in the NFL. He is a career backup that had an opportunity to start on a crappy team for a year. He did not impress me. Poz is an instant upgrade over "The Digi", regardless of his injury last year. "The Digi" can assume his rightful place back on the bench now. End of discussion.

Comment

• The Answer
                              The Plagiarist
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jamze132
                              "The Digi" is not the best LB on our roster or anyone else's roster in the NFL. He is a career backup that had an opportunity to start on a crappy team for a year. He did not impress me. Poz is an instant upgrade over "The Digi", regardless of his injury last year. "The Digi" can assume his rightful place back on the bench now. End of discussion.
                              End of discussion? We can sit here and debate this all day - but I'm using facts in my arguement and your using speculation.

Also you say that Poz is an 'instant upgrade'? Your making yourself look stupid especially if you would simply look at their respective career stats.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X