PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Posluszny looks forward to restarting NFL career

The Answer
06-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Good read - if The Poz stays healthy and plays anything like The Digi than we are going to be loaded and L.A.R.G.E. at the LB position!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=70E81F46A4A39BA3DC8F448A9DF84FBA?id=09000d5d808fc31c&template=with-video&confirm=true

Posted: 06/24/2008
Bills' Posluszny looks forward to restarting NFL career

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=left>http://static.nfl.com/static/content//catch_all/nfl_image/Carucci_small.JPG</TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD noWrap>By Vic Carucci | NFL.com
Senior Columnist </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Two nasty, six-inch, purple scars tell the story of the nightmare that was Paul Posluszny (http://www.nfl.com/players/paulposluszny/profile?id=POS250036)'s rookie season in the NFL. They run vertically along the top and bottom of his left arm, extending from just below the elbow to just above the wrist.

They are reminders of an ending that came, for all intents and purposes, before there was even a beginning.

"It was the toughest thing I've ever had to go through athletically," the Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF)' middle linebacker said of breaking both bones in his left arm during the third game of the 2007 season.

Unless someone asks about it, Posluszny doesn't give his left arm a second thought anymore. As far as Posluszny is concerned, there's no difference between it and his right arm … except for the fact that it contains two metal plates and eight screws used to surgically reattach the bones............

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
06-25-2008, 01:18 PM
He'll play a lot better than DiGiorgio, who is a nice backup for Poz.

The Spaz
06-25-2008, 03:10 PM
The Digi can give him a blow every once in a while...take that for whatever you want....lol

justasportsfan
06-25-2008, 03:14 PM
They traded up for me in the draft, brought me here to play middle linebacker, play right away, and then I kind of failed them. I got hurt and wasn't able to live up to the expectations of what I was supposed to do, so that was just tough to deal with."
my favorite part of the article. He realizes what the bills gave up to get him. If only Willis was as grateful. Peters , Kelsay ,Schoebel should realize this too.

bigbub2352
06-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Poz is gonna be like adding a impact FA for this defense this year, he is gonna light it up and i cant wait to see him line up with Mitchell and Crowell

gr8slayer
06-25-2008, 04:22 PM
We'll need him to be better than he's ever been this year. He's one of those guys that is going to be boom or bust, not much in between.

The Answer
06-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Poz is gonna be like adding a impact FA for this defense this year, he is gonna light it up and i cant wait to see him line up with Mitchell and Crowell

The more I read and hear about The Poz - the more I'm starting to like the cut of his jib.

But make no mistake about it - he still is an unproven commodity and needs to prove he can stay healthy before I take him seriously as an integral piece of this defense. So I'm tread lightly in thinking he's going to be an impact FA because we really don't know what we have yet.

~The Answer

im4bflo
06-25-2008, 09:42 PM
The more I read and hear about The Poz - the more I'm starting to like the cut of his jib.

But make no mistake about it - he still is an unproven commodity and needs to prove he can stay healthy before I take him seriously as an integral piece of this defense. So I'm tread lightly in thinking he's going to be an impact FA because we really don't know what we have yet.

~The Answer

Are you talking about Edwards?

jamze132
06-26-2008, 06:22 AM

~The Answer
So does this mean you're done sucking "The Digi" off?

madness
06-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I was amazed by the flashes of greatness he showed in very limited duty last year while barely knowing the defense. If he can stay healthy, I have no reason not to believe he'll be on of the top 10 MLBs in the league.

gr8slayer
06-26-2008, 02:51 PM
I was amazed by the flashes of greatness he showed in very limited duty last year while barely knowing the defense. If he can stay healthy, I have no reason not to believe he'll be on of the top 10 MLBs in the league.
I don't know about greatness but he had a few moments.

The Answer
06-26-2008, 03:03 PM
So does this mean you're done sucking "The Digi" off?

I still believe that The Digi is the best MLB we have on our roster until The Poz proves otherwise. I don't hate The Poz contrary to what some people on this board believe - but the fact of the matter is that The Digi has more experience and is a proven commodity right now compared to The Poz.

Regardless we are L.A.R.G.E and if we lose crowell for some reason we can move The Poz to the outside and see no drop off.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
06-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I still believe that The Digi is the best MLB we have on our roster until The Poz proves otherwise. I don't hate The Poz contrary to what some people on this board believe - but the fact of the matter is that The Digi has more experience and is a proven commodity right now compared to The Poz.

Regardless we are L.A.R.G.E and if we lose crowell for some reason we can move The Poz to the outside and see no drop off.

~The Answer

I agree but I doubt Dig has the potential to go further than Poz plus I don't have a mancrush for Dig.

jamze132
06-26-2008, 03:35 PM

~The Answer
"The Digi" is not the best LB on our roster or anyone else's roster in the NFL. He is a career backup that had an opportunity to start on a crappy team for a year. He did not impress me. Poz is an instant upgrade over "The Digi", regardless of his injury last year. "The Digi" can assume his rightful place back on the bench now. End of discussion.

The Answer
06-26-2008, 04:18 PM
"The Digi" is not the best LB on our roster or anyone else's roster in the NFL. He is a career backup that had an opportunity to start on a crappy team for a year. He did not impress me. Poz is an instant upgrade over "The Digi", regardless of his injury last year. "The Digi" can assume his rightful place back on the bench now. End of discussion.

End of discussion? We can sit here and debate this all day - but I'm using facts in my arguement and your using speculation.

Also you say that Poz is an 'instant upgrade'? Your making yourself look stupid especially if you would simply look at their respective career stats.

~The Answer

TigerJ
06-26-2008, 05:23 PM
I just know that Poz was very productive in his short time with the defense before he got injured. He does have more size and strength than DiGi, and a very high football IQ. I would be shocked if he's anything less than a terrific middle linebacker.

Philagape
06-26-2008, 05:34 PM
End of discussion? We can sit here and debate this all day - but I'm using facts in my arguement and your using speculation.

Also you say that Poz is an 'instant upgrade'? Your making yourself look stupid especially if you would simply look at their respective career stats.

~The Answer

Geez, I take you off ignore for just a few hours, and back you go .....

Mahdi
06-26-2008, 05:41 PM

~The Answer
The facts are that the Digi is soft. Sure he can make some plays here and there in the pass game and even gets sideline to sideline well but he gets blown up easily by OLmen. Poz gets sideline to sideline just as well, can fill in the run game and is fast enough to drop in coverage. He's also a good blitzer. Im sorry but Digi is too light to play MLB.

Night Train
06-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Digi was blown out of the middle with ease. Much too light.

Good heart/football mind but is physically overmatched. He and Kyle Williams up the middle equaled 150 yards for any decent RB. Watching him from the stands was tough.

im4bflo
06-26-2008, 05:56 PM
It's ALL about the POZ! :xtreme:

The Answer
06-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Digi was blown out of the middle with ease. Much too light.

Good heart/football mind but is physically overmatched. He and Kyle Williams up the middle equaled 150 yards for any decent RB. Watching him from the stands was tough.

So you honestly think Poz would have been better considering the garbage we had at the DT position last year?

If Stroud is healthy and Johnson/McCargo can be serviceable than most MLB's in this league would do well. But I honestly think that The Digi is going to have 200 tackle season this year.

He may not have the prototypical size - but his game is a lot like Zach Thomas and his aggressive pursuit and high football IQ compensate for that.

~The Answer

The Answer
06-26-2008, 05:57 PM
The facts are that the Digi is soft. Sure he can make some plays here and there in the pass game and even gets sideline to sideline well but he gets blown up easily by OLmen. Poz gets sideline to sideline just as well, can fill in the run game and is fast enough to drop in coverage. He's also a good blitzer. Im sorry but Digi is too light to play MLB.

The Digi is the most versatile LB we have and even he is moved to OLB he is going to be a M.O.N.S.T.E.R.

~The Answer

Night Train
06-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Hang onto that dream.

im4bflo
06-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Digi is a nice back up, but it's ALL about the POZ! :xtreme:
The real answer is coming, the Answer is just full of bull!

The Answer
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I just know that Poz was very productive in his short time with the defense before he got injured. He does have more size and strength than DiGi, and a very high football IQ. I would be shocked if he's anything less than a terrific middle linebacker.

Here are their stats from last year

The Digi: http://www.nfl.com/players/johndigiorgio/profile?id=DIG428790

The Poz: http://www.nfl.com/players/paulposluszny/profile?id=POS250036

He played in a grand total of two games - and both Denver and Pittsburgh rolled up the yards at will so of course it was easy to rack up 26 total tackles in those games.

Also now that I think about it:

Poz is 6'1 and 238 pounds

The Digi is 6'2 and 229 pounds

Not a huge gap and you have to figure The Digi has been hitting the weight room and will be even more beastly this summer.

~The Answer

im4bflo
06-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Stats... SHMATS...
Digi is a nice back up, but it's ALL about the POZ! :xtreme:

Mitchy moo
06-26-2008, 06:26 PM
I personally think that POZ will do great and that Digi will make a great back-up if something should arise.

im4bflo
06-26-2008, 06:31 PM
I personally think that POZ will do great and that Digi will make a great back-up if something should arise.

HELL YEAH!

jamze132
06-27-2008, 02:19 AM
But I honestly think that The Digi is going to have 200 tackle season this year.

~The Answer

:rofl:

Dude, you can't be serious...

This is why no one respects anything you say. Your love affair with Holcombe and "The Digi" is borderline :limp:

im4bflo
06-27-2008, 07:22 PM
:rofl:

Dude, you can't be serious...

This is why no one respects anything you say. Your love affair with Holcombe and "The Digi" is borderline :limp:

The:limp:Answer :lmao:

njsue
06-27-2008, 07:32 PM
POZILLA baby!!!! :snicker:

Mahdi
06-27-2008, 11:59 PM
The Digi is the most versatile LB we have and even he is moved to OLB he is going to be a M.O.N.S.T.E.R.

~The Answer
We currently have Crowell and Mitchell at OLB and Dig is not even the back-up at OLB. The only way he gets on the field is if Poz stinks it up or gets injured again.

im4bflo
06-28-2008, 01:21 AM
We currently have Crowell and Mitchell at OLB and Dig is not even the back-up at OLB. The only way he gets on the field is if Poz stinks it up or gets injured again.

It's ALL about the POZ!!!

PECKERWOOD
06-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I see that Poz added some weight, that's nice to see. 6'1 240lbs is pretty good size for a MLB and it looks like he is still very explosive. While I'm convinced that DiGi belongs in the NFL definately as a backup and possibly as a starter, I think that Poz is going to be a way better player than him.

im4bflo
06-29-2008, 10:41 PM
POZ has been pumping IRON and has a new bionic arm of STEEL :beers: