PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo interested in Bently

Bulldog
06-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Numerous teams interested in Bentley
The News
28-year-old centers with two Pro Bowls on their resume are not easy to find, so even though he has not played in two seasons, LeCharles Bentley is being looked at by at least 8 teams, according to NFL.com.
Our View
The website reports that Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco and Seattle are interested. He seems to be healthy, but after missing two years, it will be interesting to see if he can return to form.

Good to know that the organization is looking to bring in competition for Fowler. I'm just not sure if Bently is the answer.

Tatonka
06-27-2008, 11:01 AM
please god.. please.

The Answer
06-27-2008, 11:09 AM
The News
28-year-old centers with two Pro Bowls on their resume are not easy to find, so even though he has not played in two seasons, LeCharles Bentley is being looked at by at least 8 teams, according to NFL.com.
Our View
The website reports that Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco and Seattle are interested. He seems to be healthy, but after missing two years, it will be interesting to see if he can return to form.

Good to know that the organization is looking to bring in competition for Fowler. I'm just not sure if Bently is the answer.

Even if Bently is 50% of the player he used to be he would likely be a signifcant upgrade over Melvin 'Big Pimpin' Fowler.

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
06-27-2008, 11:13 AM
I want to see us use the money to sign our rookies and extend Peters, Evans, and Crowell first.

If we have anything left, I wouldn't mind Bentley.

The Answer
The News
Our View

NFL.com says the same thing so this is definitely legit news that we are interested:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=D1A6C5FD45AEA709A5928B6E7B9382EC?id=09000d5d809069d9&template=with-video&confirm=true

» Offensive lineman LeCharles Bentley (http://www.nfl.com/players/lecharlesbentley/profile?id=BEN698647): Close to 10 teams have been tracking Bentley, charting to see his condition and, at this point, his pricetag. Teams that have expressed varying degrees of interest in Bentley include Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco and Seattle. Each has a need along the offensive line, but no team’s offensive line needs are any greater than Miami’s and St. Louis’. The Rams efforted to sign former Raiders offensive tackle Barry Sims (http://www.nfl.com/players/barrysims/profile?id=SIM652558), but lost him to San Francisco. Early in July, Bentley might be the first player teams target when they return from a July 4 vacation.

~The Answer

blackonyx89
please god.. please.

Would be an excellent addition to the team.

Yasgur's Farm
06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
I saw a poster on bb.com claim he was timed at 7.0 for the 40 just before he was released.

No link... His claim was based on a "reliable poster" from the Browns boards.

raphael120
06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Looks like there are alot of teams in the running...good luck throwing enough money at him to choose here.

hydro
06-27-2008, 11:42 AM
I saw a poster on bb.com claim he was timed at 7.0 for the 40 just before he was released.

And that matters why? He probably isn't in football shape right now. As long as he comes in and doesn't get thrown on his ass every play I could care less.

OpIv37
06-27-2008, 11:45 AM
bentley's injury history is a concern but it's good to see the FO showing some signs of concern about Fowler. The guy sucks.

Mitchy moo
06-27-2008, 12:03 PM
bentley's injury history is a concern but it's good to see the FO showing some signs of concern about Fowler. The guy sucks.

Fowler is by far the weakest link on our line, success at the highest level cannot be achieved with him in there.

Michael82
06-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Anything is better than Fowler.... Bring him in, Russ! :pray:

Luisito23
06-27-2008, 12:26 PM
10 teams interested in him means we have no chance whatsover to sign him so I wouldn't get my hopes up at all....:oops:

blackonyx89
06-27-2008, 12:45 PM
10 teams interested in him means we have no chance whatsover to sign him so I wouldn't get my hopes up at all....:oops:

That's the reality of the situation. Anyone we really want usually gets away from us.

patmoran2006
06-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Chris Mortenson will do a ESPN broadcast wearing a Bills jersey before the Bills pay the money to Bentley that at least 2-3 of those other teams will offfer (which I'm fine with)

Mr. Miyagi
06-27-2008, 12:53 PM
He sucks anyways. Injury prone.

mysticsoto
06-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Chris Mortenson will do a ESPN broadcast wearing a Bills jersey before the Bills pay the money to Bentley that at least 2-3 of those other teams will offfer (which I'm fine with)

Agreed 100%. Bentley is going to want too much for having done nothing the last past couple of years. If we somehow do get him, I hope his contract is laced with performance incentives rather than upfront guaranteed money!

justasportsfan
06-27-2008, 12:59 PM
And that matters why? He probably isn't in football shape right now. As long as he comes in and doesn't get thrown on his ass every play I could care less.
well if his injury can only allow him to do so much then he is gonna get blown on his ass. So yes, it matters if it's true.

acehole
06-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Looks like there are alot of teams in the running...good luck throwing enough money at him to choose here.

hmmm sushi, sunshine, twice the money...and hot chicks...hmmm Sausage, snow a vet min and fat chicks.....

hmm

bigbub2352
06-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Good to see the Bills Brass looking to fix the weakest link to our team, at 28 he has a good 5-6 yrs to be in his prime at C baring he stays healthy i would sign him in a second to be honest

Slim
06-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I'd love the move, but there not a snowballs chance in hell it happens.

Mike13
06-28-2008, 08:21 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1081

There you go.
Too bad he he has had injury issues he was a stud.
I wouldnt mind him as a backup for Satele down here.

gr8slayer
06-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Pass, he's done for.

X-Era
06-28-2008, 08:27 AM
The News
Our View

I like the thought on the surface but it has flaws.

1) He has stated he wants to be a G now not a C.
2) We just extended our starting G, Butler
3) Is he truly healthy and ready to play?
4) Even if healthy, how much getting used to the game again is necessary?

Tatonka
06-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I want to see us use the money to sign our rookies and extend Peters, Evans, and Crowell first.

If we have anything left, I wouldn't mind Bentley.

peters just got extended for 4 more years, last year. no need to waste money there.

:honda:

Jan Reimers
06-28-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm leary of the "he seems to be healthy" reference. I don't think he'd be out of work if he were.

gr8slayer
06-28-2008, 09:18 AM
peters just got extended for 4 more years, last year. no need to waste money there.

:honda:
Wow...

Confused
06-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Why we didnt court Jeff Fainne during FA will forever remain a mystery to me.