• Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Buffalo interested in Bently

Numerous teams interested in Bentley
    The News
    28-year-old centers with two Pro Bowls on their resume are not easy to find, so even though he has not played in two seasons, LeCharles Bentley is being looked at by at least 8 teams, according to NFL.com.
    Our View
    The website reports that Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco and Seattle are interested. He seems to be healthy, but after missing two years, it will be interesting to see if he can return to form.

Good to know that the organization is looking to bring in competition for Fowler. I'm just not sure if Bently is the answer.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo interested in Bently

please god.. please.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Answer
      The Plagiarist
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bulldog
      The News
      28-year-old centers with two Pro Bowls on their resume are not easy to find, so even though he has not played in two seasons, LeCharles Bentley is being looked at by at least 8 teams, according to NFL.com.
      Our View
      The website reports that Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco and Seattle are interested. He seems to be healthy, but after missing two years, it will be interesting to see if he can return to form.

Good to know that the organization is looking to bring in competition for Fowler. I'm just not sure if Bently is the answer.
      Even if Bently is 50% of the player he used to be he would likely be a signifcant upgrade over Melvin 'Big Pimpin' Fowler.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I want to see us use the money to sign our rookies and extend Peters, Evans, and Crowell first.

If we have anything left, I wouldn't mind Bentley.

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bulldog
          The News
          Our View

NFL.com says the same thing so this is definitely legit news that we are interested:

» Offensive lineman LeCharles Bentley: Close to 10 teams have been tracking Bentley, charting to see his condition and, at this point, his pricetag. Teams that have expressed varying degrees of interest in Bentley include Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco and Seattle. Each has a need along the offensive line, but no team’s offensive line needs are any greater than Miami’s and St. Louis’. The Rams efforted to sign former Raiders offensive tackle Barry Sims, but lost him to San Francisco. Early in July, Bentley might be the first player teams target when they return from a July 4 vacation.

~The Answer

Comment

• blackonyx89
            HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
            please god.. please.
            Would be an excellent addition to the team.
            Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

I saw a poster on bb.com claim he was timed at 7.0 for the 40 just before he was released.

No link... His claim was based on a "reliable poster" from the Browns boards.

Comment

• raphael120
                Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                • Oct 2005

Looks like there are alot of teams in the running...good luck throwing enough money at him to choose here.

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by draz54
                  I saw a poster on bb.com claim he was timed at 7.0 for the 40 just before he was released.

No link... His claim was based on a "reliable poster" from the Browns boards.
                  And that matters why? He probably isn't in football shape right now. As long as he comes in and doesn't get thrown on his ass every play I could care less.
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

bentley's injury history is a concern but it's good to see the FO showing some signs of concern about Fowler. The guy sucks.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      bentley's injury history is a concern but it's good to see the FO showing some signs of concern about Fowler. The guy sucks.
                      Fowler is by far the weakest link on our line, success at the highest level cannot be achieved with him in there.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Anything is better than Fowler.... Bring him in, Russ!

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

10 teams interested in him means we have no chance whatsover to sign him so I wouldn't get my hopes up at all....
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• blackonyx89
                            HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23
                            10 teams interested in him means we have no chance whatsover to sign him so I wouldn't get my hopes up at all....
                            That's the reality of the situation. Anyone we really want usually gets away from us.
                            Last edited by blackonyx89; 06-27-2008, 01:00 PM.
                            Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Chris Mortenson will do a ESPN broadcast wearing a Bills jersey before the Bills pay the money to Bentley that at least 2-3 of those other teams will offfer (which I'm fine with)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X