X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RingofFire
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2007

The Bills should trade for Jets disgruntled TE Chris Baker"The Touchdown Maker"

Jets pick up another tight end
    by Dave Hutchinson/Star-Ledger staff
    Thursday June 19, 2008, 11:25 PM

In a move that could signal the Jets' intentions to trade unhappy tight end Chris Baker, the club yesterday signed tight end A.J. Schable, a special teams player who would be used primarily as a blocker.

The Jets already have veteran Bubba Franks, rookie Dustin Keller and third-year pro Jason Pociask, who had a strong minicamp, at the position.

During minicamp, Baker, who wants a new contract, angered the organization by parking his red Bentley in the "Team President" parking spot and refused to move it.

Baker was fined $3,000 for missing a treatment session on his back. He tweaked his back while warming up for his second practice and spent the remainder of camp on the exercise bike.

Schable (6-4, 273 pounds) signed with Arizona in 2006 as a rookie free agent and played defensive end and fullback. He had 12 special teams tackles. He was waived in training camp and sat out last season. The Eagles signed and waived him this offseason.

The Jets released offensive lineman Shawn McMackin (Hofstra/River Vale, N.J.).

Lets send the Jets a 6th Rd pick for Baker!!!
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Re: The Bills should trade for Jets disgruntled TE Chris Baker"The Touchdown Maker"

Sorry, but he seems like an ******* to me. Parking your car in the presidents spot? dude...there are ways to let your displeasure be known without coming off like a total *****.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Re: The Bills should trade for Jets disgruntled TE Chris Baker"The Touchdown Maker"

Yeah because we don't have enough mediocre TEs on the roster.

Or contract problems.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Didnt the Jets dump a first rounder for Doug Jolley a while back?
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RingofFire
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2007

**** the president! Lynch should park his car in Ralph's spot

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
            Didnt the Jets dump a first rounder for Doug Jolley a while back?
            The Jets traded their 1st (#26) and a 7th in 2005 for Jolley, Oakland's 2nd (#47) and 2 6ths.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

I think it's funny that he parked his Bentley in the team's Presidents spot, it shows that the team is still disorganized and will give the Bills a better chance to beat them twice this season.

As per this TE, I would pass on him but not to him.

Comment

• raphael120
                Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by RingofFire
                **** the president! Lynch should park his car in Ralph's spot
                Maybe we should let Peters park in his spot...maybe he'll show up to camp.

Comment

Working...
                X