X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Goodell tries to allay Bills fans' fears

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell did his best today to allay fears of Buffalo Bills fans over the team's foray into Canada.

Goodell, speaking to reporters before taking part in a question-and-answer forum at Chautauqua Institute, offered full support to the team's plan to play eight games in Toronto over the next five years.

"The efforts going on to regionalize the team I think are strengthening the team and making the team more successful in Buffalo," Goodell said. "I think that's what's positive, and I think that's what the fans should understand. It's good for the Bills and I believe it will be good for the fans overall."

Resign our own guys!
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Goodell tries to allay Bills fans' fears

Sorry, but his statement did nothing to alleviate my fears of them leaving for another country.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

He's right though, if it works the bills will be regionalized and gain more fans from that area. I don't have a problem with 8 games over the next 5 years. It's better than losing the bills to LA.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Really? It's good for fans to lose 1/8 of their opportunities to see the team live?

Coulda fooled me.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SABuffalo786
          • Feb 2003

I respect the fact there's a good chance they could leave but I think a lot of people are underestimating how difficult it is to take a firmly entrenched team like the Bills and move them to Canada of all places. Right now I think it's a toss up for them leaving/staying.

Also, don't COMPLETELY write off Goodell's Jamestown's connections. I'm not naive enough to think he's a fan but he does recognize the importance of the Bills to the area and will do his best to keep the team here.
          "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
          We are the Rockpile
          We are the Rockpile
          BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Really? It's good for fans to lose 1/8 of their opportunities to see the team live?

Coulda fooled me.
            well yes it is considering that if they don't strengthen the teams finaincial position that fraction becomes 8/8

I'm all for whatever it takes to keep the Buffalo in the Bills. However I did move away from buffalo in 1997, so I admit have a bit of a skewed perception. As long as Buffalo is the home base for the Bills I can still call them my team, and still feel affiliated. Otherwise I stop watching NFL football.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

If the Bills move anywhere it will be college football for me 24/7, I would still love the fighting irish.

Comment

Working...
              X