PDA

View Full Version : Lynch Statement

Patrick76777
06-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch today admitted driving the vehicle that struck an Ontario woman, expressed his concerns about her welfare and apologized to his teammates, the Bills organization and the team's fans.

http://www.buffalonews.com/

Philagape
06-27-2008, 01:53 PM
"I also never heard, saw or felt anything else that would lead me to believe that I had struck anyone else or anything else at that time."

I believe him.

Goobylal
06-27-2008, 01:54 PM
He should have written it blog-style.

Pinkerton Security
06-27-2008, 02:11 PM
IF HE GETS SUSPENDED ILL BE PISSED.

SABuffalo786
06-27-2008, 02:17 PM
:funny:

Doubt it.

Does it make anyone else laugh reading that statement and thinking of Marshawn reading it out loud? :funny:

HHURRICANE
06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
He should have written it blog-style.

Dat be cool.

HHURRICANE
06-27-2008, 02:23 PM
He did a brilliant job of handling this.

1) Never, ever, answer the door and let them get you for drinking and driving.

2) Deny that you ever knew that you hit a pedestrian.

3) Apologize

4) Don't comment before or after your statement.

He will not get suspeneded for this What would he get suspended for? Not knowing that he tapped a pedestrian during a rain storm?

Beastmode alive and well.

However, he should get arrested and thrown in jail if his cheap butt ever tries to bring alcohol into a bar again.

patmoran2006
06-27-2008, 02:25 PM
He's not getting suspended.

Goobylal
06-27-2008, 02:39 PM
He did a brilliant job of handling this.

1) Never, ever, answer the door and let them get you for drinking and driving.

2) Deny that you ever knew that you hit a pedestrian.
Well if he was drinking/drunk and/or knew he hit her, he's lucky that ALL of the evidence (or more precisely, lack thereof) pointed to this. What a coincidence!

However, he should get arrested and thrown in jail if his cheap butt ever tries to bring alcohol into a bar again.
You ever brought snacks or a drink into a movie theater? Alcohol into the Ralph?

LtBillsFan66
06-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Good. Completely forgiven. Now that it's over, back to BEAST MODE!!!!

LtBillsFan66
06-27-2008, 02:48 PM
So this fat cow was flailing around in the streets?

TigerJ
06-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Roger Goodell was an Chautauqua Institution 3 miles away from me and didn't stop and consult with me? I'm insulted.

Oh, and I think the only thing left that Lynch has to be concerned about is how light in the pocket he'll be after the civil lawsuit.

ddaryl
06-27-2008, 03:15 PM

I won't.. I will however be dissapointed in Lynch for putting himself and the team in that position.

Bottom line is he hit a person and drove away. Regardless of wether you knew you hit someone or not is completely irrelevant. You are responisble for your vehicle and whatever damage it might have caused, especially when you are doing the driving. Not realizing you hit someone does not remove the fact that you hit someone.

He'll have ot pay the chick some damages, but I find it hard to believe the NFL would not slap Marshawn on the wirst for this...

The Answer
06-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch today admitted driving the vehicle that struck an Ontario woman, expressed his concerns about her welfare and apologized to his teammates, the Bills organization and the team's fans.

She was from Canada? Maybe that will piss all the people in toronto off that and they won't spend money on Bills games after all eh?

~The Answer

TacklingDummy
06-27-2008, 03:19 PM

If he was so concerned about her welfare he would have stopped. Damage control is all this is.

SABuffalo786
06-27-2008, 04:04 PM
If he was so concerned about her welfare he would have stopped. Damage control is all this is.

He didn't know he hit her. He was driving a big truck.

Philagape
06-27-2008, 04:16 PM
It's over.

He didn't know he hit anyone, the authorities believe him, the witnesses support that. End of story.

Marvelous
06-27-2008, 04:51 PM
apology accepted...

X-Era
06-27-2008, 05:01 PM

None of us will ever really know. But I believe him. Why we cant manage to give people, especially people we supposedly like, the benefit of the doubt, I will never know. He paid his price, lets move on.

gr8slayer
06-27-2008, 05:14 PM
:bf1: I guarantee he won't be suspended, nor should he be.

FatalShot
06-27-2008, 07:57 PM
So this fat cow was flailing around in the streets?

If you read the whole thing it says that, "I was not speeding and at no time struck the woman who was dancing and spinning," he said in the statement released by his attorney Michael P. Caffery. "I also never heard, saw or felt anything else that would lead me to believe that I had struck anyone else or anything else at that time."

---------------- Now playing: Proof - Kurt Cobain (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/proof/track/kurt+cobain) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

TacklingDummy
06-27-2008, 08:32 PM
He didn't know he hit her.

:bs:

TedMock
06-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Why? Based on what?

MikeInRoch
06-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Not on any facts...

HHURRICANE
06-27-2008, 09:45 PM

Dude, do you want him to get suspended? Are you really a Bills fan or do you ***** for the sake of *****ing?

!Papacrunk!
06-27-2008, 11:36 PM
after he ran home and begrudgingly plead guilty and gave a hollow (IMO) apology at the same time acted like never did anything wrong. Reason 6 billion and 5 why it's a good thing to live in the USA...and be a professional athlete

Lynch should continue to have a good year--if he responds that well to the coaching from his lawyer, he should have no problem with the new offense

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Why? Based on what?

I got some swampland in Florida for sale if you are interested in buying.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Dude, do you want him to get suspended? Are you really a Bills fan or do you ***** for the sake of *****ing?

:lol: Look who's talking. Queen *****er.

Sorry, having no regard for human life pisses me off.

Tatonka
06-28-2008, 08:27 AM

where would your family move to?

Ebenezer
06-28-2008, 11:24 AM
guys...only warning...get back on track and discuss the issue.

blackonyx89
06-28-2008, 11:49 AM
It's over.

He didn't know he hit anyone, the authorities believe him, the witnesses support that. End of story.

He's young and made a dumb mistake, don't let it happen again. Now go out there and rush for 1600 yards, score TDs on the ground and in the air and make the Pro Bowl! What are you waiting for Beast Mode ? DO IT!!!

:xtreme: :xtreme: :xtreme: GO BILLS!!!

TedMock
06-28-2008, 12:20 PM
haha. funny. that's the exact type of reply I was expecting. Thank you.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-28-2008, 08:23 PM

I work with a guy who was a bartender in the bar where Lynch brought the alcohol. He is friends with the owner of the bar. According to this guy, Lynch did it one time BEFORE he got his contract. He wanted to celebrate with friends but couldn't afford it. He was asked not to do it again. Apparently it hasn't happened again.

If that is true, it is at least understandable.

im4bflo
06-28-2008, 09:47 PM
My 2 cents on this fiasco, is that all of these 'millianaires' who get caught driving drunk or get into an accident are guilty of stupidity, and deserve what they get. Have a DD you dumbies, take a cab, why are you risking your dream job?
When you're partying, don't drive, don't get caught being stupid.
GO BEASTMODE!