PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch loses license, fined $100

Patrick76777
06-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Bills running back Marshawn Lynch's actions showed "a reckless disregard of human life or property," an administrative law judge ruled today in revoking Lynch's driver's license and accepting his guilty plea in a May 31 hit-and-run accident.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/379992.html

TacklingDummy
06-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Total BS. If this guy wasn't famous he would be in jail like the rest of us would be.. This is frigging :bs:

More special treatment.

Goobylal
06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Total BS. If this guy wasn't famous he would be in jail like the rest of us would be.. This is frigging :bs:

More special treatment.
Wrong.

TacklingDummy
06-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Wrong.

Wrong.

Goobylal
06-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Wrong.
Okay then, cite specific examples of a similar incident and the average person going to jail.

Bill Brasky
06-27-2008, 03:13 PM

More special treatment.
$100??? GIVE ME A F'N BREAK!!!

My last speeding ticket was $195. Marshawn runs a person over and pays half that. What a joke this "justice" system is.

LtBillsFan66
06-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I feel bad. We should set up a paypal and raise money to pay his fine.

The Answer
06-27-2008, 03:16 PM

More special treatment.

I agree with what you say TD - but as a Bills fan I'm actually happy this happened because we need all the help we can get on offense.

But yes most of us would be sent to Attica under similar circumstances.

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
06-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Actually, losing your driver's license is a pretty stiff penalty. The violation was just a slap on the wrist, but the loss of Marshawn's license was a kick in the butt.

TacklingDummy
06-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Okay then, cite specific examples of a similar incident and the average person going to jail.

Read the newspapers.

The fine for jaywalking is more than that.

TacklingDummy
06-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Actually, losing your driver's license is a pretty stiff penalty. The violation was just a slap on the wrist, but the loss of Marshawn's license was a kick in the butt.

He will still get an conditional license to be able to drive to and from work. Losing his license is not that big of deal at all.

LtBillsFan66
06-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Crap, I hope he can get to the stadium so he can play on Sundays. :( Maybe he'll ride a bike or something.

hammerbillsfan
06-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Maybe he'll ride a bike or something.

that cart from Cal

LtBillsFan66
06-27-2008, 03:42 PM
that cart from Cal

:up:

raphael120
06-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Anyone who watched a newscast or read a newspaper in their life, or gotten pulled over...****, anyone who is ALIVE and can BREATHE knows how messed up the justice system is. This is a minor example of that.

The King
06-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Crap, I hope he can get to the stadium so he can play on Sundays. :( Maybe he'll ride a bike or something.

http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/losmanpeace8.jpg

THATHURMANATOR
06-27-2008, 03:46 PM

More special treatment.
We absolutely would not have gone to jail for this.

MTBillsFan
06-27-2008, 03:46 PM

If I lived in town, I'd volunteer to pick him up on the way to the stadium!

Devin
06-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Jesus ive gotten parking fines worse then that in DC.

If thats the only penalty I have a few people id love to "accidentally" hit.

raphael120
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM
If I lived in town, I'd volunteer to pick him up on the way to the stadium!

id volunteer to drive him in his big ass SUV to camp

yordad
06-27-2008, 03:53 PM
So, that doesn't sound like a suspendable offense to me. His off the field matters are his own business.

casdhf
06-27-2008, 04:24 PM
This is pretty standard. I guess a C/D a few weeks ago. This is actually a little more than I thought he'd get.

Bill Brasky
06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
no ****! :dance3:

X-Era
06-27-2008, 04:39 PM

More special treatment.
Clearly you have no concept of penal law.

Clearly you have never heard of a maximum sentence

Clearly you dont know what the difference between a traffic (non-criminal) charge and a felony or misdemeanor.

Id be much happier, as might others, if you would simply start a post like this with the statement, "I am ignorrant and have no clue about the law". Then it would be easier to properly "adjust" the level of significance of your post.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 04:40 PM
$100??? GIVE ME A F'N BREAK!!!

My last speeding ticket was $195. Marshawn runs a person over and pays half that. What a joke this "justice" system is.

You had a speeding ticket where you paid 195 AND lost your license?

Running someone over is usually fatal, this incident was far, far, far from being fatal.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 04:42 PM
I agree with what you say TD - but as a Bills fan I'm actually happy this happened because we need all the help we can get on offense.

~The Answer

Another uninformed response. Read the law.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Anyone who watched a newscast or read a newspaper in their life, or gotten pulled over...****, anyone who is ALIVE and can BREATHE knows how messed up the justice system is. This is a minor example of that.

No its a piss poor, and irrelevant example of that. Read the law.

Dr. Pepper
06-27-2008, 04:44 PM

More special treatment.

did you even read the article?

"Judge Thomas L. Gagola also fined Lynch the maximum $100 for the traffic infraction of failing to use due care toward a pedestrian."

it's not BS special treatment, if anything it's a BS judicial system because you and i wouldve gotten the same thing.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Read the newspapers.

The fine for jaywalking is more than that.

Really? Im waiting for the penal code that substantiates your claim. I will agree that both are traffic infractions and not crimes.

Your arguement is with the state of New York, not Lynch.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 04:47 PM
He will still get an conditional license to be able to drive to and from work. Losing his license is not that big of deal at all.

Well, speaking from personal experience (my sister), her one and only DWI had similar consequences, she lost her license and was only able to go to and from work on a provisional.

I will leave the judgement on which was worse to you, your doing a bang up job so far.

Marvelous
06-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Dummy, why would you want our star player to face heavier charges?
--And i guarantee that i wouldn't go to jail if that happened to me..Why jail for this? It's not like the pedestrian ws in critical care or was she? If she wasn't really injured than what's the big deal? Did he hit her on purpose like Randy Moss hit that traffic cop[? Doubtful.. He's a kid = slap on the wrist. And he happens to be the towns superstar :D

X-Era
06-27-2008, 04:50 PM
did you even read the article?

"Judge Thomas L. Gagola also fined Lynch the maximum $100 for the traffic infraction of failing to use due care toward a pedestrian."

it's not BS special treatment, if anything it's a BS judicial system because you and i wouldve gotten the same thing.

Thank you for the reality check!

I find that people who want to hate will find a reason to do so no matter what.

Lynch is still likely to get sued out the ass and will pay a ton, where you and I, in the same situation would have ZERO law suit brought against us. Lawyers arent stupid, they follow the money.

He will suffer worse than any of us, In one way or another, I guarantee.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 04:53 PM
So, that doesn't sound like a suspendable offense to me. His off the field matters are his own business.
Let me rephrase... to date, I dont think there is a single NFL suspension based on a traffic (non criminal) infraction.

This reminds me of the Randy Moss "bump" a few years back... He hit a pedestrian. I dont knwo the results of it, but Im pretty sure he suffered no penalty from the NFL. Anyone confirm that?

Yes, hes in the clear. NOT because hes special, but because its the law, like it, lump it, thats the rules. If you dont like em, right your congressman.

Devin
06-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Add be much happier, as might others

Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Fair enough.

First (probably not really the true first), it was Losman getting thrown under the bus for basically being born. Now its Lynch. Im wondering when we can question fanhood?

------

Ill answer my own question... we can never question fanhood, its not right.

Fine, its Friday, and I guess I have no tolerance for haters right about now. Wheres Mercyrule, cant we all just learn to love?

X-Era
06-27-2008, 05:11 PM

Sorry to TD.

I just cant figure out why we are on a Buffalo Bills message board, and out to get Buffalo Bills players... Its a bit too ironic for me.

gr8slayer
06-27-2008, 05:12 PM
:bf1: hell yeah baby. Mark one up for the good guys.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 05:15 PM
:bf1: hell yeah baby. Mark one up for the good guys.

I guess I will have to ponder the true intention of your response on the tree of woe.

gr8slayer
06-27-2008, 05:20 PM
I guess I will have to ponder the true intention of your response on the tree of woe.
What? I don't think this hit and run :bs: was much to begin with. The ***** got up and walked away with no issues other than a few stitches. I used to get more than seven stitches every game. I'm glad that he got off easy, he gets paid to score TD's not be a model citizen and I could honestly care less what he does off the field as long as he performs on it.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 05:34 PM
What? I don't think this hit and run :bs: was much to begin with. The ***** got up and walked away with no issues other than a few stitches. I used to get more than seven stitches every game. I'm glad that he got off easy, he gets paid to score TD's not be a model citizen and I could honestly care less what he does off the field as long as he performs on it.

At face value, I agree that the injury was slight, and by the law, the penalty should then be slight.

I dont agree that the players don't have to be leaders, they are. If they dont want that responsibility, take up underwater basket weaving. Its there, its inalienable, thats just how it goes. Kids look up to them, so unless were willing to try and "reprogram" all kids to stop looking up to players, they have a responsibility. But even the best adult gets a traffic infraction. And if his statement is true, he didnt know anything happened and thats why he didnt stop. If he stopped, this would be a non-issue in my opinion. I take him for his word. If he lied, hes a bad leader and poor role model.

As far as performing on the field, I honestly believe that Lynch is one of the key pieces that returns this team to glory. It isnt his stats, its his attitude. Beast Mode is real. The guy is going to give you any and everything he can on every single play. Its that type of attitude that will win this team a championship.

So, I dont agree that we shouldnt care about the incident. I care if one of our players is a douche bag. I honestly think this was an accident. And I also think he got about what he should have in punishment, and that we should just move on.... Hes not a drug dealer, a animal abuser, a pedophile, an assalant, a thief, a thug, or a gang banger. Hes a guy who commited a traffic infraction. I have, and almost everyone here has too.

gr8slayer
06-27-2008, 05:43 PM
At face value, I agree that the injury was slight, and by the law, the penalty should then be slight.

I dont agree that the players don't have to be leaders, they are. If they dont want that responsibility, take up underwater basket weaving. Its there, its inalienable, thats just how it goes. Kids look up to them, so unless were willing to try and "reprogram" all kids to stop looking up to players, they have a responsibility. But even the best adult gets a traffic infraction. And if his statement is true, he didnt know anything happened and thats why he didnt stop. If he stopped, this would be a non-issue in my opinion. I take him for his word. If he lied, hes a bad leader and poor role model.

As far as performing on the field, I honestly believe that Lynch is one of the key pieces that returns this team to glory. It isnt his stats, its his attitude. Beast Mode is real. The guy is going to give you any and everything he can on every single play. Its that type of attitude that will win this team a championship.

So, I dont agree that we shouldnt care about the incident. I care if one of our players is a douche bag. I honestly think this was an accident. And I also think he got about what he should have in punishment, and that we should just move on.... Hes not a drug dealer, a animal abuser, a pedophile, an assalant, a thief, a thug, or a gang banger. Hes a guy who commited a traffic infraction. I have, and almost everyone here has too.
That's fine, we can agree to disagree but I think that this whole "what about the kids" argument is just another excuse for bad parents. If you are a good enough parent you will let you children know that this isn't how you act. I've played violent video games and watched violent movies my entire life but I have no "want" to go reenact anything I've seen.

Either way, I don't personally care what he does as long as he plays and scores TD's. That's it.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 06:08 PM
That's fine, we can agree to disagree but I think that this whole "what about the kids" argument is just another excuse for bad parents. If you are a good enough parent you will let you children know that this isn't how you act. I've played violent video games and watched violent movies my entire life but I have no "want" to go reenact anything I've seen.

Either way, I don't personally care what he does as long as he plays and scores TD's. That's it.

Not gonna lie.... Id love to steal an ambulance and run over pedestrians like I see on Grand Theft Auto... :dance:

The guy is all set except that he is gonna pay a nice big fat law suit payment and cant drive.

Owen DeBoard
06-27-2008, 06:16 PM

There is no bad kids there is bad parents.

gr8slayer
06-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Not gonna lie.... Id love to steal an ambulance and run over pedestrians like I see on Grand Theft Auto... :dance:

The guy is all set except that he is gonna pay a nice big fat law suit payment and cant drive.
Like most lawsuits you know they'll settle out of court and we'll never even hear about it.

njsue
06-27-2008, 07:11 PM
This is just a very hard life lesson for Marshawn to learn.

TacklingDummy
06-27-2008, 08:03 PM
We absolutely would not have gone to jail for this.

You or I would have been arrested the night that it happened.

Goobylal
06-27-2008, 08:14 PM
You think different? Go run someone over tonight and leave the scene. See if you get arrested.
How can they arrest me if they don't know who was driving? And who got "run...over?" If he ran her over, he SURELY would have noticed it.

TacklingDummy
06-27-2008, 08:25 PM
If he ran her over, he SURELY would have noticed it.

And im sure he did notice it.

Just because someone lies doesn't mean it's true. He probably knew he hit someone, he probably was drunk = not stopping.

If it was your mother/wife/daughter etc... you would be singing a different tune. Or even if Lynch wore any other uniform.

casdhf
06-27-2008, 08:26 PM
EdwardsEra thinks he is a lawyer now. That's funny. He's right though. I've seen very similar cases where the defendant was not arrested. People can shoot people and not get any jail time until they are actually convited. You're wrong as usual.

BuffaloBills28
06-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Damn i just had a seat-belt ticket for $135 i should've ran a fat ***** over and got more for my money

Goobylal
06-27-2008, 08:50 PM
And im sure he did notice it.

Just because someone lies doesn't mean it's true. He probably knew he hit someone, he probably was drunk = not stopping.

If it was your mother/wife/daughter etc... you would be singing a different tune. Or even if Lynch wore any other uniform.
If it were my mother/wife/daughter, I'd be pissed at them being out at 3:30 AM. Most times, bad things happen when people are where they shouldn't be, and the same goes for Lynch. But I'd probably listen to some slick lawyer and play-up the whole thing, just to score a fat settlement check. That wouldn't mean however that I necessarily thought, or cared, that he was guilty.

As for the strawman "other team" tripe, save it. I've been here for years and haven't trashed another team's players for getting in trouble with the law, except when it was repeated behavior or Ricky Williams for smoking his career away.

And save your "probably drunk" for the time when there's any evidence at all of him even drinking that night, much less being drunk behind the wheel.

Marvelous
06-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Dude your a cancer to fans.. Young kids make mistakes. I guarantee you made some..

--Did he plow the pedestrian over because<insert reason>, or was it an accident and he panicked? I'll go with the obvious... I doubt i'd get the max penalty if it we're me. Never in trouble with law etc. If the max is %=$100 fine and he got that, are you mad that the law is mediocre in that area? Like he deserves probation & 5G type fine etc? Then i say WHY? He's our best young player & gave us HOPE...

---I think you're looking at this like a felony type assasination attempt. Why else would you call him a "POS"?

--So if you can agree that he clipped her on accident & he fled outta fear etc, then you do undertsand that this isn;t on the same level as Pacman and constant arrest,,Sean Taylor and guns,Jamal Lewis & cocaine deals on the phone, Jumbo Eliiot resisting against 8 cops(violently).. etc etc etc....

-So i attempted to respond to you with sensible reason.. Care to return the favor?

---THE LAST 10 YEARS-----Winning is a perk.. This Bills fan is happy watching the Bills play week in/out..The draft,,,TC,,mini camps,,OBD...
---Man, there's more to being a fan then just winning..Enjoy the team & you won't be as dissapointed when we lose... If we lose and TE & Evans had 2 TD's and one of em was a sweet-arse play then not all was lost..Atleast we got some highlights outta the game...Atleast enough to warrant watching a highlight. eh?

Dr. Lecter
06-27-2008, 09:50 PM

More special treatment.

You are wrong.

Please find a hit and run first offense that resulted in jail time.

It is very, very rare.

JD
06-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Wow this thread is quite the TOOL shed!

A lot of clueless souls lol.

There was no way to prove who was driving THAT NIGHT. She wasnt RUN OVER. I feel this case was treated as if it were one of us in the driver seat, according to nys.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 10:45 PM
EdwardsEra thinks he is a lawyer now. That's funny.

Funny enough that I actually looked up the law, don't let the facts get in your way.

gr8slayer
06-27-2008, 10:47 PM
It's just funny watching these hypocrits blast players like TO, Moss, Henry, Pacman, etc... and yet stick up for pieces of crap like Lynch.
I never blasted any of them, all the above mentioned make plays and that's good enough for me. BTW, T.O. has never been arrested for anything or been in trouble for anything. He's just a dick sometimes but we love the guy in Dallas and he has yet to do anything to piss us off.

I get where you are coming from but come on man, seriously, it's not that big of an issue. If you're out that late at night you should expect something negative to happen to you.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 10:47 PM
It's just funny watching these hypocrits blast players like TO, Moss, Henry, Pacman, etc... and yet stick up for pieces of crap like Lynch.

"pieces of crap like Lynch" someone want to record that. That phrase will be key in the prosecution of one supposed Bills fan.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Damn i just had a seat-belt ticket for $135 i should've ran a fat ***** over and got more for my money

Did you also lose your license... thats a key and MAJOR part of this sentence.

X-Era
06-27-2008, 10:56 PM
You are both wrong. EdwardsEra as usual, you I don't keep track of as much.
Facts please? link?

I'm not sure your on the right board... see this is America, and this is a Bills board. If your gonna root for the other team at least label your own self as a ______ fan.

Learn the facts, or your opinion is worth a big heaping pile of jack doodly squat.

Wait, I have broken my own rule.... Only fools argue with fools.

gr8slayer
06-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Facts please? link?

I'm not sure your on the right board... see this is America, and this is a Bills board. If your gonna root for the other team at least label your own self as a ______ fan.

Learn the facts, or your opinion is worth a big heaping pile of jack doodly squat.

Wait, I have broken my own rule.... Only fools argue with fools.
You're both wrong, is that better?

!Papacrunk!
06-27-2008, 11:39 PM
WWMD

losman420
06-27-2008, 11:56 PM

~The Answer:rofl: c'mon, Attica?

Dr. Lecter
06-28-2008, 12:37 AM

~The Answer

It is rare to get a jail sentence in a hit and run with no serious injury.

Michael82
06-28-2008, 12:58 AM
I can't believe he was only fined $100. I was fined almost double that for speeding. :mad:

Ebenezer
06-28-2008, 02:43 AM
OK, how many of you actually live in Buffalo and watched the news?? I think that narrows it down to me, Thurm and Lecter. Here is what was said on the 10:00 news Friday night.

1. The DA's office even said that most hit and runs are never solved.
2. The DA's office further said that most hit and runs in a manner like this never result in any financial penalty or traffic infraction.
3. It was reported that Lynch will now be sued in civil court.
4. No video tape of the incident exsists nor were their any tape or pics showing Lynch as the driver.
5. There were two witness to the accident. One claims that "the driver" tapped the brakes after the collision. The other claims that "the driver" did not tap the breaks after the collision.
6. The DA's office further concluded that many cases never even get this far.
7. Finally, he may face further penalty from his employer (the NFL). "Average" people don't face penalty at their job because of their off the job behavior.

Bottom line? Lynch was fined more than other drivers would have. Lynch has had his license revoked where other drivers would not have. Lynch will now be sued in civil court whereas other drivers would not have. And he may face reprocussions at work whereas other drivers would not have.

I am in no way defend his actions but for all the complaining about special privildge in this situation ML was apparently "over" convicted.

Guys, feel free to please discuss this now that you have some real facts.

Luisito23
06-28-2008, 04:00 AM
I'm sure Lynch, the Bills, the DA, and that woman that he hit are all getting back to their lives now that this is finally over, I just wish some of us here would do the same because what's really the point of being bitter?

Night Train
06-28-2008, 04:37 AM
Some are actually upset he didn't get more. :wtf:

He didn't "get away" with anything. There wasn't any evidence to convict him of more.

Who cares what would have happened to you ( "if it was me.." ) . I'd root for a Turkish prison if it was you, just for posting such dumb crap.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 06:36 AM
If it were my mother/wife/daughter, I'd be pissed at them being out at 3:30 AM. Most times, bad things happen when people are where they shouldn't be, and the same goes for Lynch. But I'd probably listen to some slick lawyer and play-up the whole thing, just to score a fat settlement check. That wouldn't mean however that I necessarily thought, or cared, that he was guilty.

And save your "probably drunk" for the time when there's any evidence at all of him even drinking that night, much less being drunk behind the wheel.

Nice hypocrit statement.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 06:43 AM
7. Finally, he may face further penalty from his employer (the NFL). "Average" people don't face penalty at their job because of their off the job behavior
:bs: Average people would have been arrested that night.

Bottom line? Lynch was fined more than other drivers would have. :bs:

Lynch has had his license revoked where other drivers would not have. . :bs: License revoked is really not that big of deal.
Lynch will now be sued in civil court whereas other drivers would not have. :bs: Go hit someone and see if they will sue you. This day and age anyone will sue for anything.

And he may face reprocussions at work whereas other drivers would not have.

:bs:

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 06:48 AM
It is rare to get a jail sentence in a hit and run with no serious injury.

No one is talking jail sentence.

Spending 1 night in jail after committing a crime is not a sentence. Most of us would have been arrested and jailed for the night.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 06:48 AM

Facts are, special treatment. And it's funny as hell watching some people stick up for it.

casdhf
06-28-2008, 06:55 AM
:bs: Average people would have been arrested that night. They had to indict him before he could have been arrested, same way for any other Joe Blow out there. :bs:

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 06:56 AM
They had to indict him before he could have been arrested, same way for any other Joe Blow out there. :bs:

Wrong. :bs:

So when you get pulled over and arrested/charged with DWI you are indicted?

casdhf
06-28-2008, 06:56 AM
That's a completely different crime. If he was arrested for DWI, he would have gone to jail that nite like any other play has in the history of the league.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 06:59 AM
That's a completely different crime. If he was arrested for DWI, he would have gone to jail that nite like any other play has in the history of the league.

So please don't say you have to be indicted to be arrested.

That night he should have been arrested for hit and run. Just like any "average" person who have been.

casdhf
06-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Under these circumstances, he had to be indicted.

I'm not explaining our legal system to you, chances are you wouldn't be able to understand it anyways.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Under these circumstances, he had to be indicted.

Agreed.

And that's why I have been saying he should have been arrested that night. Just like any avergae Joe Blow would have been.

casdhf
06-28-2008, 07:04 AM
No, if you were driving the Porsche that night you would have to have been indicted too.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm not explaining our legal system to you, chances are you wouldn't be able to understand it anyways.

No need to. Im very familiar with it already. Thanks anyways.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 07:06 AM
No, if you were driving the Porsche that night you would have to have been indicted too.

Not that night I wouldn't have been. Unless grand juries work at 3:30am in Buffalo.

LtFinFan66
06-28-2008, 07:08 AM
YOU TWO TAKE THIS ISSUE TO PM's PLEASE!! Don't litter this thread!! Thank you!!

casdhf
06-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Lawyer up.

casdhf
06-28-2008, 07:09 AM
No need to. Im very familiar with it already. Thanks anyways. Have you been through it a few times?

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Just to let you know, you don't have to be indicted to be arrested.

casdhf
06-28-2008, 07:11 AM
I'm well aware of that.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Have you been through it a few times?

Sorry can't debate this issue anymore. I know this thread was about ML/fines/hit & run/ etc... and that's what we were posting about. But we can't do it anymore.

shelby
06-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Debate to your hearts' content. Just don't call each other names.

casdhf
06-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Probable cause standard. They didn't have it here which is why they had to indict.

Tatonka
06-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Jesus ive gotten parking fines worse then that in DC.

you lost your license for an indefinate amount of time for a parking ticket?

Tatonka
06-28-2008, 08:16 AM
WWMD

:lmao:

What Would Marshawn Do.

Tatonka
06-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Who cares what would have happened to you ( "if it was me.." ) . I'd root for a Turkish prison if it was you, just for posting such dumb crap.

thats awesome.. post of the week.

:respect:

X-Era
06-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Some are actually upset he didn't get more. :wtf:

He didn't "get away" with anything. There wasn't any evidence to convict him of more.

Gives the term player haters a whole new meaning.

Mike13
06-28-2008, 08:23 AM

More special treatment.

Yeah so much for the justice system.
But you guys should be happy.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-28-2008, 08:25 AM

I'll always believe that he was driving drunk and that he knew he hit someone. Call it a "traffic infraction" if you want, but hopefully he has learned something from this situation. The next "traffic infraction" could cause something much more serious.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-28-2008, 08:35 AM
There was no way to prove who was driving THAT NIGHT.

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

There was a passenger in the car. He knew who was driving.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Probable cause standard. They didn't have it here which is why they had to indict.

If he had been stopped that night after the incident, they would have been probably cause galore. That is the point. He likely would have faced the additional charge of DWI.

IMO, the only special treatment he got was on the night of the incident. The actions of the DA and the plea deal were on par with what anyone would have gotten. I've been saying from the beginning of this that:

1. Lynch was driving
2. The DA would eventually convince him to take a plea
3. He would certainly not see any jail time
4. He shouldn't get a harsher punishment than the average citizen
5. He will not get suspended by the league

Dr. Lecter
06-28-2008, 08:50 AM
No one is talking jail sentence.

Spending 1 night in jail after committing a crime is not a sentence. Most of us would have been arrested and jailed for the night.

Wrong again.

That night there was no evidence Lynch was driving.

Night Train
06-28-2008, 08:53 AM
On the flip side, the Buffalo Police and DA's office wouldn't have wasted this much time,energy & $$ on this if it was Joe Blow.

Channel 2 kept blathering on about this for days and basically forced the dept. to dig deeper to save face. It became a PR war, more than anything. Local attorneys interviewed said anyone else never would have been charged, given the evidence presented.

Ebenezer
06-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I think there needs to be a return to debating the issue...apparently some on here want to ignore the facts...

PECKERWOOD
06-28-2008, 11:44 AM

More special treatment.

Special treatment is for the rich, not only the famous.

blackonyx89
06-28-2008, 12:04 PM
He's young and made a dumb mistake, don't let it happen again. Now go out there and rush for 1600 yards, score TDs on the ground and in the air and make the Pro Bowl! What are you waiting for Beast Mode ? DO IT!!!

:xtreme: :xtreme: :xtreme: GO BILLS!!!<!-- / message -->

Night Train
06-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I think there needs to be a return to debating the issue...apparently some on here want to ignore the facts...

It's easier for some to wave a broad brush and turn everything into an imaginary issue of martyrdom.

Goobylal
06-28-2008, 02:43 PM
If he had been stopped that night after the incident, they would have been probably cause galore. That is the point. He likely would have faced the additional charge of DWI.

IMO, the only special treatment he got was on the night of the incident. The actions of the DA and the plea deal were on par with what anyone would have gotten. I've been saying from the beginning of this that:

1. Lynch was driving
2. The DA would eventually convince him to take a plea
3. He would certainly not see any jail time
4. He shouldn't get a harsher punishment than the average citizen
5. He will not get suspended by the league
Lynch didn't receive special treatment, period. He wasn't caught drunk driving (and to be caught and arrested for drunk driving TD, you need to either be tested and found with a BAL above the legal limit or refuse to take the test) and no one could definitively identify the driver, without either of the occupants of the car talking, which they didn't do because the constitution allows them to remain silent. And it's not like they were going to break down the door if it were you, versus not in Lynch's case, because it would constitute an illegal search and seizure, without a warrant. But again, not knowing who the driver was, there was no cause for a warrant to be issued. Hence the need for the DA to resort to threatening everyone with a grand jury.

As for Lynch being drunk at the time, there's no proof of that at all. In fact one witness said she saw him drinking water all night. And that's all the evidence we have, and it points in the other direction, although no one's claiming she watched him all night long.

JD
06-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Lynch didn't receive special treatment, period. He wasn't caught drunk driving (and to be caught and arrested for drunk driving TD, you need to either be tested and found with a BAL above the legal limit or refuse to take the test) and no one could definitively identify the driver, without either of the occupants of the car talking, which they didn't do because the constitution allows them to remain silent. And it's not like they were going to break down the door if it were you, versus not in Lynch's case, because it would constitute an illegal search and seizure, without a warrant. But again, not knowing who the driver was, there was no cause for a warrant to be issued. Hence the need for the DA to resort to threatening everyone with a grand jury.

As for Lynch being drunk at the time, there's no proof of that at all. In fact one witness said she saw him drinking water all night. And that's all the evidence we have, and it points in the other direction, although no one's claiming she watched him all night long.

Awesome post :clap:

kernowboy
06-28-2008, 04:17 PM
I was incorrect in my assessment of Lynch

Whilst guilty, his actions were explainable and I shall not be critical again of him regarding this incident

Goobylal
06-28-2008, 04:39 PM
I was incorrect in my assessment of Lynch

Whilst guilty, his actions were explainable and I shall not be critical again of him regarding this incident
I don't think anyone doesn't believe he was guilty of hitting that woman because he failed to pay strict attention by being distracted by that dancing woman.

Ebenezer
06-28-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't think anyone doesn't believe he was guilty of hitting that woman because he failed to pay strict attention by being distracted by that dancing woman.
was she really dancing in the middle of the street?? in the rain?

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 05:02 PM

If so, I find it hard to believe that Lynch didn't know he hit someone. Especially when the car was damaged.

Goobylal
06-28-2008, 05:10 PM
I heard middle of the street. But it was somewhere far enough away from the dark-clothed victim that she could easily have distracted Lynch.

Goobylal
06-28-2008, 05:12 PM
If so, I find it hard to believe that Lynch didn't know he hit someone. Especially when the car was damaged.
How much sound do you think a doughy woman makes when a 2 ton car is going below the 30 MPH speed limit with rain pounding the car and the stereo blasting, in a car that's heavily sound-insulated?

Speaking of which, if you ever get a chance to drive/ride in a Porsche Cayenne, it's pretty sweet. No road noise when you're driving, which bothers the heck out of me in my Pilot (along with the crappy gas mileage). However it's not worth the almost double price.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 05:15 PM
How much sound do you think a doughy woman makes when a 2 ton car is going below the 30 MPH speed limit with rain pounding the car and the stereo blasting, in a car that's heavily sound-insulated? The accident was Lynch's fault. The excuses do not work.

Speaking of which, if you ever get a chance to drive/ride in a Porsche Cayenne, it's pretty sweet. No road noise when you're driving, which bothers the heck out of me in my Pilot (along with the crappy gas mileage). However it's not worth the almost double price.

Im happy with my Hyundai.

Goobylal
06-28-2008, 05:30 PM
The accident was Lynch's fault. The excuses do not work.
Yes, he's at fault for hitting her because he wasn't paying strict attention to the road and was watching that dancing chick. However given the circumstances that night, it's very believable that he didn't know he hit her.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Nobody is going to commit felony perjury to stop Lynch from getting a $100 fine.

Edited: personal attack ~shelby

FinFaninBuffalo
06-28-2008, 08:14 PM

I've stated this before. A police officer saw Lynch's SUV and identified it at the scene. They knew where to go to find the SUV. The Buffalo police were at Lynch's house in Hamburg an hour after the incident. They could have easily had the Hamburg police waiting at Lynch's house before he got home. He gets out of the SUV and gets a breathalyzer test. Simple. If he had hit a cop, you can be sure that he would have been arrested that night.

Goobylal
06-28-2008, 08:21 PM
I've stated this before. A police officer saw Lynch's SUV and identified it at the scene. They knew where to go to find the SUV. The Buffalo police were at Lynch's house in Hamburg an hour after the incident. They could have easily had the Hamburg police waiting at Lynch's house before he got home. He gets out of the SUV and gets a breathalyzer test. Simple. If he had hit a cop, you can be sure that he would have been arrested that night.
I'm sure an officer wouldn't have been in that exact same situation and without knowing who was driving, how could they arrest him? And why didn't the officer at the scene have a car sent to greet Lynch at his home? Sounds like they had no problem the past year targeting members of his family.

But without proof that he was DUI, and in fact a witness who says otherwise, no one can make that claim. And until someone steps forward and says he saw Lynch drunk before he got into his car (valet perhaps?), I can't accept something based on assumptions.

Mitchy moo
06-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm sure an officer wouldn't have been in that exact same situation and without knowing who was driving, how could they arrest him? And why didn't the officer at the scene have a car sent to greet Lynch at his home? Sounds like they had no problem the past year targeting members of his family.

But without proof that he was DUI, and in fact a witness who says otherwise, no one can make that claim. And until someone steps forward and says he saw Lynch drunk before he got into his car (valet perhaps?), I can't accept something based on assumptions.

I'll assume nothing and have reality determine I cannot determine anything,

TacklingDummy
06-28-2008, 11:27 PM

3:30am he was drinking green tea. :rolleyes:

Goobylal
06-29-2008, 08:25 AM
3:30am he was drinking green tea. :rolleyes:
No 3:30am and he was drunk out of his mind, so he convinces Steve Johnson (who was obviously drunk out his mind as well) to ride home with him, he doesn't see the victim but hears a thud over the rain and music and knows it's a person he hit, and without slowing down or stopping he says to himself "I better keep going because I'm drunk," manages to make it home in one piece, forgets he hit the woman and leaves the car in his driveway, and then text messages Bills' security 6 hours later after which he contacts his lawyer.

Yep, I'm sure that's exactly how it went down. I now change my stance and think he's totally guilty. It's just so obvious. :rolleyes:

Cntrygal
06-29-2008, 09:53 AM
After reading this thread, I thought Eb's post was worth a quote.... and I highlighted a few things that I believe people missed.

OK, how many of you actually live in Buffalo and watched the news?? I think that narrows it down to me, Thurm and Lecter. Here is what was said on the 10:00 news Friday night.

1. The DA's office even said that most hit and runs are never solved.
2. The DA's office further said that most hit and runs in a manner like this never result in any financial penalty or traffic infraction.
3. It was reported that Lynch will now be sued in civil court.
4. No video tape of the incident exsists nor were their any tape or pics showing Lynch as the driver.
5. There were two witness to the accident. One claims that "the driver" tapped the brakes after the collision. The other claims that "the driver" did not tap the breaks after the collision.
6. The DA's office further concluded that many cases never even get this far.
7. Finally, he may face further penalty from his employer (the NFL). "Average" people don't face penalty at their job because of their off the job behavior.

Bottom line? Lynch was fined more than other drivers would have. Lynch has had his license revoked where other drivers would not have. Lynch will now be sued in civil court whereas other drivers would not have. And he may face reprocussions at work whereas other drivers would not have.

I am in no way defend his actions but for all the complaining about special privildge in this situation ML was apparently "over" convicted.

Guys, feel free to please discuss this now that you have some real facts.

Goobylal
06-29-2008, 10:14 AM
After reading this thread, I thought Eb's post was worth a quote.... and I highlighted a few things that I believe people missed.
I missed this post by Eb. After reading it, it sounds like the DA is claiming that if Lynch had fessed-up immediately, he wouldn't have been charged with anything. That's pure BS (and please don't think I'm shooting the messenger, Eb, here). A woman was hit, and in this case, because the driver was distracted. There is no way anyone wouldn't have at least been charged with a traffic infraction, like what was agreed upon, and which was fair. The DA is trying to save face over his clumsy handling of what should have otherwise been a week-long affair, with him offering the deal he gave Lynch back then, again under the assumption that he was the driver. The DA has to answer to higher-ups as to why it took so long and cost so much money, when in the end, Lynch got off with a slap on the wrist.

The only other explanation is that Lynch was drunk. But since there have been ZERO reports about him drinking that night, much less drunk, and with the way the case was settled/swept under the rug, that's unlikely at best, and would be disturbing to me if it were true, i.e. they're letting drunk drivers go scot-free. Perhaps we'll learn more in the civil trial, if it gets that far. And it may not, if Lynch were truly drunk. But again, why have no reports come out about this?

Cntrygal
06-29-2008, 12:35 PM
I missed this post by Eb.

I can understand why you did! :D

Goobylal
06-29-2008, 01:03 PM
I can understand why you did! :D
I don't get it. I said it had nothing to do with Eb, and I believe his recount of what he heard. I just think the DA is FOS.

Cntrygal
06-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't get it. I said it had nothing to do with Eb, and I believe his recount of what he heard. I just think the DA is FOS.

I just meant that his post recounting what he heard on the news was buried with all the posts putting personal spins/opinions on the situation. Easy to miss one post in a thread that has gotten so many replies.

Goobylal
06-29-2008, 01:22 PM
I just meant that his post recounting what he heard on the news was buried with all the posts putting personal spins/opinions on the situation. Easy to miss one post in a thread that has gotten so many replies.
Got it, thanks.

Ebenezer
06-29-2008, 01:40 PM
I never took any offense...I just find it hysterical that after my post and c-gal's quote of it that people are still arguing like the guy got off easy. That's BS. If anything the DA office went above board and investigated it and kept the pressure on in the press simply because it WAS ML. Had it been you or me it would have been buried on A-7...had it even been investigated. I am not absolving ML but guys what him slapped hard because he is a public figure and kept silent (his legal right). Nobody bungled anything. You guys just want to keep aruging - go for it. The DA has given this case, from the beginning, less thought than most here...geez.

Goobylal
06-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I never took any offense...I just find it hysterical that after my post and c-gal's quote of it that people are still arguing like the guy got off easy. That's BS. If anything the DA office went above board and investigated it and kept the pressure on in the press simply because it WAS ML. Had it been you or me it would have been buried on A-7...had it even been investigated. I am not absolving ML but guys what him slapped hard because he is a public figure and kept silent (his legal right). Nobody bungled anything. You guys just want to keep aruging - go for it. The DA has given this case, from the beginning, less thought than most here...geez.
I agree that he didn't get special treatment WRT the outcome, but got negative treatment in the form of trying the case in the press and the bad pub, because of who he was. But he's innocent of leaving the scene of an accident, because he didn't know and got what was fairly coming to him. I'd hope that other people in similar circumstances don't just get off scot-free.

Ebenezer
06-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I agree that he didn't get special treatment WRT the outcome, but got negative treatment in the form of trying the case in the press and the bad pub, because of who he was. But he's innocent of leaving the scene of an accident, because he didn't know and got what was fairly coming to him. I'd hope that other people in similar circumstances don't just get off scot-free.
But they do. Those are the rules around here. It seems that most people are mistakingly placing the blame for the system on ML. If you don't like the penalty then elect other lawmakers and judges. The system is what it is. I think the penalty was a little thin too but if that is what others would get in this case, so be it. And more so, just remember every person you put behind jail bars you end up paying for. It's your dime.

Goobylal
06-29-2008, 02:40 PM
But they do. Those are the rules around here. It seems that most people are mistakingly placing the blame for the system on ML. If you don't like the penalty then elect other lawmakers and judges. The system is what it is. I think the penalty was a little thin too but if that is what others would get in this case, so be it. And more so, just remember every person you put behind jail bars you end up paying for. It's your dime.
What I meant is that if someone in Lynch's position wouldn't have been charged with anything, as Clark's office is claiming, that's unconscionable. I'm not talking about putting Lynch and others who accidentally hit people in jail; just penalizing them for being distracted.

Ebenezer
06-29-2008, 02:44 PM
And as I said, I thought the penalty was light, too. But it is the system. If citizens don't like it then take it up with Frank Clark. You can bet the next time the DA's office gets somebody clipping a pedestrian by accident on a rainy night the fine will be the same (or less) or there will be outrage.

And Lynch will pay. That is what the civil trial will be about. She'll get in the range of $25 - $50 K and we will all cheer if he does well on opening day against Seattle.

Goobylal
06-29-2008, 03:02 PM
And as I said, I thought the penalty was light, too. But it is the system. If citizens don't like it then take it up with Frank Clark. You can bet the next time the DA's office gets somebody clipping a pedestrian by accident on a rainy night the fine will be the same (or less) or there will be outrage.

And Lynch will pay. That is what the civil trial will be about. She'll get in the range of $25 - $50 K and we will all cheer if he does well on opening day against Seattle.
I agree.

TacklingDummy
06-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Lynch is a piece of crap. Anyone who thinks different is just wearing their Bills Blinders.

Ebenezer
06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Guys...we can stay on the legal topic or the thread can be closed.

Patrick76777
06-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Guys...we can stay on the legal topic or the thread can be closed.

TD doesn't really feel that way, he's just trying to get people going.

Goobylal
06-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Lynch is a piece of crap. Anyone who thinks different is just wearing their Bills Blinders.
Think of it this way. Some woman with an unhealthy lifestyle will probably be too traumatized to go bar-hopping again and will soon be coming into some money that she could use towards say, a gym membership, Jenny Craig, or gastric bypass. Lynch should be commended for helping someone help themself, all at the cost of 7 stitches. What a guy!