PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else had as good an offseason?

Judge
04-22-2003, 10:46 AM
I'll have to admit that I haven't had a lot of free time to keep up on NFL news lately, but from what I can tell I don't see how any other NFL team has done anything near as positive as the Bills have this offseason.

Has TD NOT missed signing someone he's wanted to sign? If anyone, it may be that KR Martay Jenkins or whatever his name is- hardly a significant miss.

Who is doing as well? I think that Miami is starting to react to our moves- as shown by trading for Junior Seau to bolster a soft D that will have to face a strengthened Bills running game. What really are the Jets and Patriots doing of significance?

Exciting- and all of this before the draft.

lordofgun
04-22-2003, 11:14 AM
We've definitely improved the most of any team. Let's hope the trend continues as TD steals some draft gems.

clumping platelets
04-22-2003, 11:30 AM
No way any other team in the league is as improved. Of course, it's all speculation and still hafta play the games, but I can't believe any learned football experts could legitimately put any other team ahead of the Bills. Washington has been active put hasn't been spending wisely. Jags have done OK. Cincy has done well and it's good to see brighter times ahead for the Bengals.

Ranking the offseasons in the AFC East:

1) Bills: without any doubt

2) Pats: added Colvin and Harrison and added picks for T. Jones

3) Fins: kept many FAs and added Seau, but tight cap early on hurt chances at helping OL

4) Jets: I think it's Just End The offSeason

justasportsfan
04-22-2003, 11:58 AM
We've hired better talent no doubt. Whether we've improved or not is yet to be proven when season starts.

Devin
04-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Saints had a pretty decent offseason, not to mention they get 2 first rounders.

Tatonka
04-22-2003, 12:13 PM
i honestly believe that all of the teams in the afc east are doing just fine.

bills - obviously we are doing well. even the questionable signings have come at a very very cheap price, so no skin off our back. we still have 7 picks to get better and money for june 1st.
i am very comfortable with that after the last two drafts TD has produced.

fins - the addition of seau was excellent for them. zgonlia is a good pick up too, as well as tbuck.. three solid, but not big signings to the best d in the east. they have also done a good job with the lower draft picks, and should be able to fill their last few holes with the draft.

pats - colvin and harrison or ok signings.. losing jones and adding harrison means they will be tougher against the run, and adding colvin gives them a better LB crew. they have 2 firsts and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.. along with 13 overall.. if they draft anywhere close to decent, they will be a contender and have just as good a shot as any.

jets - people are so down on them.. i am not one of those people.. conway for coles is NOT a huge exchange. conway is a damn good receiver. he just doesnt have the long term upside that coles did. they lost a good RG that can be replaced with one of two first rounders. their defense remained in place, minus robinson, who wasnt that good anyway.. and that defense was playing good by seasons end. morton on ST may hurt some, but really, we were the only team he hurt that bad. 2 tds for the year.. both against us. they have a high first rounder and a mid first rounder to fill holes at RG. they signed albert johnson who was a good KR for miami. coles was replaced by conway. and pennington is still improving.. they are going to surprise alot of people that think they suck.

OVERALL in the nfl.. other teams that seemed to have made some decent moves..

washington - most active team.. added some good players.

denver - added some good players, but lost some too.. will be interesting to see how they do this year. i have a feeling though, that with a good draft, plummer will ressurect his career.

N.O. - added some good players and lost some good ones as well.

Tatonka
04-22-2003, 11:52 PM
i cant believe i forgot atlanta.. they have done very well.

RedEyE
04-23-2003, 04:33 AM
Atlanta did do extremely well, the Pats, and Jacksonville filled their defenseive holes big time. Cincy didn't do too bad either. The Bills were definitly the best thus far. This type of offseason was long overdue.

Philly had a horrible offseason. Lost a lot of big name players.