• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

THE foward lateral

Yesterday that game was being re-aired and my neighbor was watching it (waiting for the Chicago game to come on)... and as I was talking to him - I started getting all pissed off and had to leave. I could hear him laughing as I walked out of his garage telling the dog (better than talking to myself eh?), what BS that game was blah blah blah. Later he caught up with me and said, "Well, the outcome didn't change" - then started laughing. Once my blood pressure came down from critical levels, I told him that "it" WAS a pass.... and he agreed with me and then we (I) managed to have a calm discussion without need of an ambulance standing by.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: THE foward lateral

too close to call IMO

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

THE foward lateral ??

Is this about a chicken crossing the road??

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Tell us what really happened at your neighbor's house. =p

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

What I still don't understood is, as close as the play was, and as important as the game was, why wasn't that damned play at least reviewed?

P.S. I still think it was an illegal forward pass.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            What I still don't understood is, as close as the play was, and as important as the game was, why wasn't that damned play at least reviewed?

P.S. I still think it was an illegal forward pass.
            It was reviewed, right in front of a crowd of Titans fans. But it was a hard call to reverse given the lousy angles and the fact that Byron Boston (David Boston's dad) was out of position and running to the play when it happened. Had he correctly called it an illegal forward pass initially, they wouldn't have been able to overturn it.

But besides that, there were some bogus calls at the end of the first half that jobbed the Bills.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

I'm a die hard Bills fan, but I just can't figure out why this hasn't been let go. It sucks, but seriously....

Comment

• Cntrygal
                Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                I'm a die hard Bills fan, but I just can't figure out why this hasn't been let go. It sucks, but seriously....

If the game hadn't been aired yesterday.... I wouldn't have thought about it.
                Originally posted by notacon
                The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
                  It was reviewed, right in front of a crowd of Titans fans. But it was a hard call to reverse given the lousy angles and the fact that Byron Boston (David Boston's dad) was out of position and running to the play when it happened. Had he correctly called it an illegal forward pass initially, they wouldn't have been able to overturn it.

But besides that, there were some bogus calls at the end of the first half that jobbed the Bills.
                  Thanks. I never knew it had been reviewed. But I guess they didn't have indisputable visual evidence to overturn it and, more importantly, the officials didn't want a riot on their hands.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    Thanks. I never knew it had been reviewed. But I guess they didn't have indisputable visual evidence to overturn it and, more importantly, the officials didn't want a riot on their hands.
                    I was certain they would overturn it and say nice try titans players but no dice. They got the dice and we got the shaft.

Personally speaking it was a very close play and could of went either way but after all of it was over, I must say that Flutie flakes was gay and so was Rob Johnson.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

we weren't getting past the jags that year anyway.

the titians were the only team to beat the jags that year (they did it 3 times), no one else got close to that team.

it blew my mind when it happened, but we weren't going to the bowl that year
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                        too close to call IMO
                        I agree 100%.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                          • Aug 2006

I'm still to this day much more pissed about the fact that 11 professional football players, coached by a very good special teams coach, didn't have enough sense to stay in their lanes.....especially given the circumstances. The entire country knew the Titans may try some sort of chicanery.

Whether it was forward or not would be irrelevant had just 2 or 3 of those guys on the kick off team been disciplined.
                          Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                          And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                            Yesterday that game was being re-aired and my neighbor was watching it (waiting for the Chicago game to come on)... and as I was talking to him - I started getting all pissed off and had to leave. I could hear him laughing as I walked out of his garage telling the dog (better than talking to myself eh?), what BS that game was blah blah blah. Later he caught up with me and said, "Well, the outcome didn't change" - then started laughing. Once my blood pressure came down from critical levels, I told him that "it" WAS a pass.... and he agreed with me and then we (I) managed to have a calm discussion without need of an ambulance standing by.
                            You should have muff punted him into the next county... sounds like a petty little vag.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                              I'm still to this day much more pissed about the fact that 11 professional football players, coached by a very good special teams coach, didn't have enough sense to stay in their lanes.....especially given the circumstances. The entire country knew the Titans may try some sort of chicanery.

Whether it was forward or not would be irrelevant had just 2 or 3 of those guys on the kick off team been disciplined.
                              I dont know why, but I am more pissed off by the Bledsoe game against the Steelers 3rd stringers that would have put us in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X