• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Well the mock draft is already wrong...

or so KFFL says in their email I received:

CINCINNATI BENGALS - PALMER THE PICK
    ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Cincinnati Bengals have made their decision on their first-round pick and they will be selecting QB Carson Palmer (USC). As reported, the two sides have already begun contract negotiations. They should have a contract in principle by the middle of the week barring any major setbacks in negotiations.
    Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• clumping platelets

clumpgunz

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Hey...OUR mock was what the Bungals should have done!!! We can't help it if Mike Brown wishes to continue his track record for wasting first round picks

Comment

• Schobel94
          The Sack Master
          • Jan 2003

Mock drafts should NOT be what the teams SHOULD do, but what we think they WILL do. We knew Cincinatti was gonna pick Palmer even if you thought they should have picked someone else.
          Beware the sack master!

Comment

• EM Bills Fan 80
            Let's Go Buffalo!
            • Mar 2003

You tell em Schobel!

Comment

• Winfield_26
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I agree with AWM, Palmer is a wasted pick, my choice was the correct one, and besides that these type of mock drafts arent really mock drafts because each individual is put in the gm seat and looking at "his" team for the best fit, so its not whats going ot happen but what I or another gm thinks is best for the team.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Hmmmm...Palmer is a wasted pick? With John Kitna, how can you go wrong? Its not a wasted pick as much as it is a wasted orginization. LA deserves a team, why can't it be the Bengals?
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Winfield_26
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

If you gonna compare Palmer and Leftwich, I see it as comparing Clupepper and McNown. Both Palmer and McNown had great senior years and were highly touted high school QB's. Culpepper and Leftwich both come from smaller schools, albeit Leftwich comes from a football powerhouse. Both Palmer and McNown have had relatively accurate arms and good arm strength. While both Leftwich and Culpepper are more mobile and have amazing arm strength. Both Palmer and McNown have had character and leadership questions, while both Culpepper and Leftwich were leaders for their teams. In essence I think Leftwich is the must better QB and Palmer mayb be a huge bust but thats just my opinion.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• LABillsFan
                    • Aug 2002

Cas, keep them Bengals on that side of the Mississippi. LA is predominantly Raider territory, with little interest in an existing team. For years it was ARZ, then the Colts, then last year it was the Chargers, all received with luke warm results. An expansion team is what the majority wants.
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

You can't compare McNown and Palmer.

Palmer has the physical tools that McNown doesn't have. McNown is barely 6' and has a rag arm. Palmer is 6'5" and has a gun. Palmer will be at least an above average QB in the years to come, with star potential.

And the way things are going in Minny, I would say that the jury is still out on Culpepper.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                        Cas, keep them Bengals on that side of the Mississippi. LA is predominantly Raider territory, with little interest in an existing team. For years it was ARZ, then the Colts, then last year it was the Chargers, all received with luke warm results. An expansion team is what the majority wants.
                        If there's an expansion team, then another team needs to contract. It'll just throw everything off again if the league goes to 33.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LABillsFan
                          • Aug 2002

LA won't get an expansion team, I know, but the people here would prefer to have a team that they can grow with from day one and not have a team that has a troubled past or a team that just can't get it together. It's kinda like, would you rather be Sandra Bullocks first husband or Liz Taylor's 2nd or 3rd?
                          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Hasn't it been pretty well known for awhile that Palmer was going to be the top pick?

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

The Cowboys aren't going to pick a QB either. Hutchinson was was the best rookie QB last year, so why would they want someone else? Even if his #'s don't completely satisfy you, he has always been highly touted and they have Carter also. If Palmer magically falls, they could trade out of 5th (even if he doesn't fall) possibly to Jax, but there's no way they pick a QB.

If the Cowboys would pick Palmer, then why not the Lions or Texans (I realize different GMs, but just asking for a reason why the Cowboys GM felt his situation is different then either of the other teams).

Comment

Working...
                              X