PDA

View Full Version : Is Schouman this years camp beast similar to the way Cisleak was 2 seasons ago?

Marvelous
06-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Title pretty much sums it up...I was sooo Amped for Cisleak. I was thinking the wait for our TE is over... We have our man & JP is gonna make it because he has a worthy dumpoff target etc..Well it never happened & now this season i'm somewhat hessitant to buy into camp hype...

-Will Schoumans success carry over to pads or the season? Guesses?

-Here's to hoping it does...

yordad
06-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Brad Cieslak had camp hype? :idunno:

I kinda liked him, but I saw no hype.

On Schouman's "success" carrying over, only time will tell. I think he shows more promise then Royal in the passing game already.

Tatonka
06-29-2008, 11:31 PM
i dont get excited about tight ends until i see them play in a game.. and see a qb actually go to them more than once a quarter. we could have antonio gates here and it wouldn't have mattered in the last 5 years. hopefully the offense evolves.

Marvelous
06-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah bro, two seasosn ago in mini camp or training camp he was all hyped up BIGTIME.. Some including me thought the he was the answer. ..

--Royal is a blocker man... A blocking TE who we throw to :lol:
--Cisleak looked awesome against the Ravens. He lined up all game as a H-BACK or FB. & I do mean AWESOME.. I would think a big boy like him, with soft hands would make a perfect FB. I don't recall seeing him there after...Did he Cisleak get put on the IR like everyone else?

Marvelous
06-29-2008, 11:38 PM
i dont get excited about tight ends until i see them play in a game.. and see a qb actually go to them more than once a quarter. we could have antonio gates here and it wouldn't have mattered in the last 5 years. hopefully the offense evolves.

Wait a minute dude. Maybe if JP had a reliable dumpoff target like say a FB & ESP a TE then i bet he woulda perfomed a hellova lot better. That door sweings both ways.. We sucked the last 5 years so a TE might not have mattered..----Or---We might not have sucked so much if we'd had a reliable TE...

--It's a fact that we do need one. QB's esp the younger ones really need that dumpoff when the pocket crumbles & they start to panic...But i still am against the pt Moran POV. Drafting a TE with a top 15 pick...I'll take skilled positions everyday & everytime..Then i'll complain about our TE's :biggrin:

Tatonka
06-30-2008, 12:12 AM
im just saying it has been so long since we had even a decent TE, that i just cant get pumped up about the TE spot until i see regular production.

Mitchy moo
06-30-2008, 01:08 AM
We need a offensive plan that utilizes the TE more. JP was incapable of taking his eye of Lee and JP still thinks checking down is a board game.

Jan Reimers
06-30-2008, 05:13 AM
Cieslak was a big, slow guy who wasn't much of a receiver. Schouman is just the opposite - on the small side for a TE, fairly quick and a good pass catcher.

I don't understand the comparison.

Luisito23
06-30-2008, 06:00 AM
They both suck so yeah they are similar....

HHURRICANE
06-30-2008, 07:21 AM
I will not buy into any camp hype.

However, if someone is struggling in camp than they automatically suck and should be cut.

I watched JP struggle in camp and pre-season and heard excuse after excuse. When the season began he still sucked. Not too pick on JP because there were other players that fell in the same category.

This team deserves to be under the microscope until they make the playoffs.

yordad
06-30-2008, 08:06 AM
We need a offensive plan that utilizes the TE more. JP was incapable of taking his eye of Lee and JP still thinks checking down is a board game.JP hit more targets then TE in less time. Several top QBs throw to their #1 wideout at a higher rate.

The Answer
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Title pretty much sums it up...I was sooo Amped for Cisleak. I was thinking the wait for our TE is over... We have our man & JP is gonna make it because he has a worthy dumpoff target etc..Well it never happened & now this season i'm somewhat hessitant to buy into camp hype...

-Will Schoumans success carry over to pads or the season? Guesses?

-Here's to hoping it does...

Cislek sucks and I don't ever recall him being a beast in camp.

Schoumanator on the other hand has the talent and potential to become a playmaker. He played on a juggernaut offense at Boise State that threw the ball up and down the field and if Schonert utilizes him properly he will be more than just a special teams stud.

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
06-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Imagine, Studwards to the Schoumanator. Kind of sets your heart a flutter.

raphael120
06-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I think I'll speak for all Buffalo sports fans when I say this:

<h1>I'll believe it when I see it.<h1>

THATHURMANATOR
06-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Did I miss something about Cieslak. I never even once had an ounce of excitement for him.....

John Doe
06-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Did I miss something about Cieslak. I never even once had an ounce of excitement for him.....

Back in 2005 Cieslak was the poster-boy for the off-season workout program. Also, at the same time, Campbell and Euhus were rehabbing knee injuries Everett was rehabbing a knee and Ryan Neufeld was injured as well, so Cieslak got his chance to get a lot of reps at mini-camp. He made it up to #2 on the preseason depth chart with some praise from the coaches, but that all changed when some of the other tight ends came back.

yordad
07-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Back in 2005 Cieslak was the poster-boy for the off-season workout program. Also, at the same time, Campbell and Euhus were rehabbing knee injuries Everett was rehabbing a knee and Ryan Neufeld was injured as well, so Cieslak got his chance to get a lot of reps at mini-camp. He made it up to #2 on the preseason depth chart with some praise from the coaches, but that all changed when some of the other tight ends came back.Thankyou. But who do we have coming back? One TE? Wouldn't that make Schouman the second? Rather impresive for now. NTM, Full Back better be looking over it's shoulders.

Marvelous
07-01-2008, 02:50 AM
OK guys, this is a F--A--C--T...
---Cisleak was very hyped up the mini camp beforer last years... Seemed like everyday there we're a couple articles about him on TwoBillsDrive & we discussed here a bit.. Maybe Schoumans hype is more popular. I dunno... I'm not sure why you guys don't remember this...?...
----Was it last years mini camp/Training camp??

--BAH!! Does anyone remember him tearing it up & impressing the coaches & media alike?
---I need some back so i don't invest 2 hours into digging..

Oaf
07-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Schouman is more like Tim Euhus hypewise IMO.