Is Schouman this years camp beast similar to the way Cisleak was 2 seasons ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Is Schouman this years camp beast similar to the way Cisleak was 2 seasons ago?

Title pretty much sums it up...I was sooo Amped for Cisleak. I was thinking the wait for our TE is over... We have our man & JP is gonna make it because he has a worthy dumpoff target etc..Well it never happened & now this season i'm somewhat hessitant to buy into camp hype...

-Will Schoumans success carry over to pads or the season? Guesses?

-Here's to hoping it does...
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Is Schouman this years camp beast similar to the way Cisleak was 2 seasons ago?

Brad Cieslak had camp hype?

I kinda liked him, but I saw no hype.

On Schouman's "success" carrying over, only time will tell. I think he shows more promise then Royal in the passing game already.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Re: Is Schouman this years camp beast similar to the way Cisleak was 2 seasons ago?

i dont get excited about tight ends until i see them play in a game.. and see a qb actually go to them more than once a quarter. we could have antonio gates here and it wouldn't have mattered in the last 5 years. hopefully the offense evolves.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Marvelous
        • Feb 2004

Yeah bro, two seasosn ago in mini camp or training camp he was all hyped up BIGTIME.. Some including me thought the he was the answer. ..

--Royal is a blocker man... A blocking TE who we throw to
        --Cisleak looked awesome against the Ravens. He lined up all game as a H-BACK or FB. & I do mean AWESOME.. I would think a big boy like him, with soft hands would make a perfect FB. I don't recall seeing him there after...Did he Cisleak get put on the IR like everyone else?
        GO BILLS!!! NE
        Magical Trevor

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
          i dont get excited about tight ends until i see them play in a game.. and see a qb actually go to them more than once a quarter. we could have antonio gates here and it wouldn't have mattered in the last 5 years. hopefully the offense evolves.
          Wait a minute dude. Maybe if JP had a reliable dumpoff target like say a FB & ESP a TE then i bet he woulda perfomed a hellova lot better. That door sweings both ways.. We sucked the last 5 years so a TE might not have mattered..----Or---We might not have sucked so much if we'd had a reliable TE...

--It's a fact that we do need one. QB's esp the younger ones really need that dumpoff when the pocket crumbles & they start to panic...But i still am against the pt Moran POV. Drafting a TE with a top 15 pick...I'll take skilled positions everyday & everytime..Then i'll complain about our TE's
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

im just saying it has been so long since we had even a decent TE, that i just cant get pumped up about the TE spot until i see regular production.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

We need a offensive plan that utilizes the TE more. JP was incapable of taking his eye of Lee and JP still thinks checking down is a board game.
              Last edited by Mitchy moo; 06-30-2008, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Cieslak was a big, slow guy who wasn't much of a receiver. Schouman is just the opposite - on the small side for a TE, fairly quick and a good pass catcher.

I don't understand the comparison.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

They both suck so yeah they are similar....
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

I will not buy into any camp hype.

However, if someone is struggling in camp than they automatically suck and should be cut.

I watched JP struggle in camp and pre-season and heard excuse after excuse. When the season began he still sucked. Not too pick on JP because there were other players that fell in the same category.

This team deserves to be under the microscope until they make the playoffs.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
                      We need a offensive plan that utilizes the TE more. JP was incapable of taking his eye of Lee and JP still thinks checking down is a board game.
                      JP hit more targets then TE in less time. Several top QBs throw to their #1 wideout at a higher rate.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Marvelous
                        Title pretty much sums it up...I was sooo Amped for Cisleak. I was thinking the wait for our TE is over... We have our man & JP is gonna make it because he has a worthy dumpoff target etc..Well it never happened & now this season i'm somewhat hessitant to buy into camp hype...

-Will Schoumans success carry over to pads or the season? Guesses?

-Here's to hoping it does...
                        Cislek sucks and I don't ever recall him being a beast in camp.

Schoumanator on the other hand has the talent and potential to become a playmaker. He played on a juggernaut offense at Boise State that threw the ball up and down the field and if Schonert utilizes him properly he will be more than just a special teams stud.

~The Answer

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Imagine, Studwards to the Schoumanator. Kind of sets your heart a flutter.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

I think I'll speak for all Buffalo sports fans when I say this:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Did I miss something about Cieslak. I never even once had an ounce of excitement for him.....

Comment

Working...
                              X