Spend a few minutes on the official depth chart and you certainly wish for depth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Spend a few minutes on the official depth chart and you certainly wish for depth.

I think the roster still has significant holes. I hope the Bills will be actively signing players through camp and the pre-season as they come available.
  • Bruce is Loose
    • Jul 2002

Re: Spend a few minutes on the official depth chart and you certainly wish for depth.

There are some great details in this thread!!!

Seriously, what areas of depth of of concern to you?

I think we have good depth in the DBs, some good LB depth (Ellison, Digi), Pretty good D line depth.

On O, Losman is a good backup QB. We are pretty set at RB assuming the Rookie makes it. WR is all set depth wise.

I have some concern about the OL depth. We have a couple of #2 TEs... depth isnt as much of a concern there as the starter!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Re: Spend a few minutes on the official depth chart and you certainly wish for depth.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      Actually what I wish for is some talent. I could careless about depth.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I actually think our depth is the best it's been in several years, except on the O line, where we're thin, and perhaps Safety.

What we appear to lack the most are a top flight TE and a proven #2 WR.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

I think this post belongs as a reply to EdwardsEra thread So, whats next? cause it just seems like a reply to that...
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• dasaybz
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by tanked

I think we have good depth in the DBs, some good LB depth (Ellison, Digi), Pretty good D line depth.

On O, Losman is a good backup QB. We are pretty set at RB assuming the Rookie makes it. WR is all set depth wise.

I have some concern about the OL depth. We have a couple of #2 TEs... depth isnt as much of a concern there as the starter!
            He is?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              Actually what I wish for is some talent. I could careless about depth.
              Yeah, I should have changed it to that.

Spend a few minutes there and it's kind of scary.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

Again, what's so bad about our talent level except at TE and 2nd WR, where we have a number of candidates, but no one really proven.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by tanked

Our WR depth is terrible. Hell, our WR starters are terrible. If we lose Evans for any significant amount of time, this team is done.

At TE we have depth in the sense that the starters are just as awful as the back-ups.

The OL also has no depth, especially at tackle.

RB and QB should be OK, provided it's not for an extended period of time.

The depth on D is decent, but the O is in rough shape.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Our WR depth is terrible. Hell, our WR starters are terrible. If we lose Evans for any significant amount of time, this team is done.
                    Besides Evans, we have veterans Reed and Parrish, a big time rookie in Hardy, a promising prospect in Johnson, and three developing guys in Jenkins, Huggins, and Mayle.

There is no doubt we need Hardy to develop into our #2 guy, but I wouldn't say we're "terrible" by any means at WR.

Sometimes, Op, you need to consider the fact that young guys develop.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Besides Evans, we have veterans Reed and Parrish, a big time rookie in Hardy, a promising prospect in Johnson, and three developing guys in Jenkins, Huggins, and Mayle.

There is no doubt we need Hardy to develop into our #2 guy, but I wouldn't say we're "terrible" by any means at WR.

Young guys take years to develop usually at WR, you seem to be very complacent with a good blocking WR, an undersized WR, and one good WR as a solid core. We may very well get nothing out of Hardy this year, which is typically the case for rookie WR's and I expect nothing out of Johnson, Jenkins, Huggings, and Mayle. We have little depth at WR, and even less talent.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Yeah, everyone told me that the young guys were going to develop last year and it got us to improve from 7-9 to.... 7-9. Reed's going into what- his 6th or 7th season now? He's not going to develop- he is what he is. Same with Parrish, who's going into his 4th season.

As far as Jenkins and Mayle, we had them last year and they couldn't even break into the roster despite our WR's being terrible.

As far as Hardy and Johnson, look at the recent history of 1st year receivers- it's not good at all. Every now and then there's an anomaly like Colston, but those are few and far between and the odds of that happening are slim to none.

Hardy, Johnson, Huggins, Mayle and Jenkins- if those guys played for the Dolphins and a Fin fan came on here talking about how great the Dolphins receivers were going to be, we'd rip him to shreds. Outside of Evans, our WR's are pretty damn bad. And as we found out last year, one guy can't do it all.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Hardy, Johnson, Huggins, Mayle and Jenkins- if those guys played for the Dolphins and a Fin fan came on here talking about how great the Dolphins receivers were going to be, we'd rip him to shreds. Outside of Evans, our WR's are pretty damn bad. And as we found out last year, one guy can't do it all.
                          So true. I love the Bills but I'm objective enough to realize that this team isn't as talented as everyone HOPES.

We replaced Price with Hardy and now our O is top 15th vs. 30th??

The O-line is one injury away from being terrible. We saw what happened when Peters went down.

Just look at the backup lineman.

Alot of this is TD's fault and his horrible drafting so I'm not looking to blame the current regime. It's just fact.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            We replaced Price with Hardy and now our O is top 15th vs. 30th??
                            With improvement from Edwards and Lynch, better play calling, better run blocking, yeah it could get there. I'd be disappointed if it didn't.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                              With improvement from Edwards and Lynch, better play calling, better run blocking, yeah it could get there. I'd be disappointed if it didn't.
                              Well, we were told player improvement was going to make the D better last year and it didn't. And we're still waiting on Losman's improvement that was supposed to happen in 2004. So, while it's likely that Edwards and Losman will improve, it's not a given. Same thing for the OL's run blocking- it's the exact same OL.

As far as the play-calling, it probably will improve but Schonert's completely untested so even that's not a definite.

Even if Edwards, Lynch, the run-blocking and the play-calling improve, this offense will NOT be 15th. The talent just isn't there. They'll be lucky to be 24th.

I think a lot of the people here are assuming improvement means this O will be good enough. People forget that this offense was so bad last year that it's possible to improve significantly but still completely suck.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X