PDA

View Full Version : Goodell upbeat about Bills’ future in Buffalo

The Answer
06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.oleantimesherald.com/articles/2008/06/30/sports/doc4868e6c99fd53210233231.txt

Monday, June 30, 2008 10:08 AM EDT

POLLOCK: Goodell upbeat about Bills’ future in Buffalo

CHAUTAUQUA - There are certain advantages to bringing a favorite son home.

If he happens to be the National Football League Commissioner, and his family summered at Western New York’s leading cultural enclave, you’ve got a built-in compelling guest speaker.

And so it was, on Friday morning, that Roger Goodell concluded “Sports in America” week at Chautauqua Institution.

It didn’t hurt that when Roger was a kid, he spent many of these 9-week seasons there. That served as the source of occasional jesting comments from Institution staffers about his baseball, softball and water skiing youth.

But if the regional media was expecting a scoop ... not so much.

Roger was, uhhh, measured in his comments.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=photo-left>
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo-left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
But you don’t get his job without showing a proclivity for diplomacy and poise with the press.

Besides, he pulls it off with confidence and dignity.............

~The Answer

The Answer
06-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Here is another similar article:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/379971.html

Goodell tries to allay Bills fans' fears

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Mark Gaughan -- News Sports Reporter <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 06/27/08 1:54 PM

CHAUTAUQUA -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell did his best today to allay fears of Buffalo Bills fans over the team's foray into Canada.

Goodell, speaking to reporters before taking part in a question-and-answer forum at Chautauqua Institution, offered full support to the team's plan to play eight games in Toronto over the next five years.

"The efforts going on to regionalize the team I think are strengthening the team and making the team more successful in Buffalo," Goodell said. "I think that's what's positive, and I think that's what the fans should understand. It's good for the Bills and I believe it will be good for the fans overall........

~The Answer

trapezeus
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgFihKqbc6IfY0wHiyTYeLFDubYF?slug=ap-goodell-billsfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns

another similar story. i wonder why they are making so many comments on this. Have we really raised such a huge stink over the toronto thing that the NYC offices feel a need to respond in such a blanket coverage of press?

Hopefully it's a good thing.

Ebenezer
06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Goodell will not have one thing to say if somebody buys the franchise for $1billion when Ralph passes and moves them to City X. No owner is going to vote against that move because all of their franchises will be worth at least that much.