• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okaydo
    • Mar 2007

ProFootballTalk: Lynch could be an "All-Turd Hall of Famer"

LINK

For now, PFT will just be content to name him to the 2008 All-Turd Team.

(Damn, PFT *HATES* Marshawn with a passion. What's up with that?

Edited to add: Lynch was named "Monday's Moron" by The Bleacher Report.
    Last edited by okaydo; 06-30-2008, 11:09 PM.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: ProFootballTalk: Lynch could be an "All-Turd Hall of Famer"

Dallas is loaded with problem children, yet we have a player make a unknown to him mistake in the rain and he is a turd. Wow.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
      Dallas is loaded with problem children, yet we have a player make a unknown to him mistake in the rain and he is a turd. Wow.
      I can't defend lynch after what he did. He deserves any heat he gets. I am ashamed to own his jersey.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Hey, hey, hey.... Lynch is an awesome running back.

"His hit-and-run incident followed by several weeks of refusing to own up to it could win him an automatic berth in the All-Turd Hall of Fame."
        Last edited by yordad; 07-01-2008, 02:12 AM.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

only Lynch can repair the damage he has done to himself...

Heck I think less of him for the way he handled the situation too, and he deserves the reprocussions from being involved in that situation.

how else is he going to learn... if this incident gets swept under a rug then what would encourage Marshawn to change his ways.

Rain or no rain, realized or unrealized, he is still responsible for whatever happened that night... and he needs to ride out the negative perceptions of him and learn from it and better himself..

its up to Marshawn now

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

All-turd hall of fame?

Give me a ****ing break.

Lynch was absolutely wrong for what he did, but compared to what a lot of NFL players have done, he's not even a blip on the radar.

That's certainly no excuse, but people are trying to turn Lynch into Pacman Jones when he's not even Tank Johnson.
            Last edited by OpIv37; 07-01-2008, 10:02 AM.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              All-turd hall of fame?

Give me a ****ing break.

Lynch was absolutely wrong for what he did, but compared to what a lot of NFL players have done, he's not even a blip on the radar.

That's certainly no excuse, but people are trying to turn Lynch into Pacman Jones when he's not even Tommy Harris.
              Exactly Op.

I definately don't think better of Marshawn for this incident, but the bottom line is that Marshawn had a traffic ACCIDENT, and is getting flak because he did not respond appropriately to it by stopping when it happened. I do not fault him for his silence after the fact - at that point the harm was done and he was certainly acting under the advice of counsel, who indeed was successful in getting the charges reduced.

That's what separates this incident from the REAL turds of the NFL. I.e., Michael Vick MEANT to sponsor a dog fighting ring, Pacman MEANT to bite that bouncer, Tank Johnson MEANT to own weapons in violation of the terms of his probation, Shawn Merriman MEANT to take steroids, Brandon Marshall MEANT to (allegedly) beat his girl and spray the club with champagne etc.

While Marshawn probably shouldn't be out driving at 3:30 AM, the fact is that there was nothing intentional about the accident itself--Marshawn didn't try to hit that fat chick. And there is no proof that he was intoxicated or otherwise breaking the law--not even an allegation of such by the DA as far as I know. Did he MEAN to leave the scene of the accident? Probably, but there is at least some chance that he really didn't know that he had hit her--it wasn't like she catapaulted over the hood of his car, she was struck a glancing blow that caused minor damage to the car and her.

I'm not defending Marshawn - bad judgment for being a pro football player and driving your own car at 3:30 AM. If he didn't know he hit her, it's evidence he's not a very careful driver and should turn his damn music down. And if he DID know he hit her and then left to try to save his own ass (on this strategy, leaving left him in less hot water than if he had stayed and got a DWI), then that's some evidence of not-so-great character. But then again, it would take an exceptional 24-year old in Marshawn's position to stop the car, knowing full well the media circus and special consequences that would be involved due to his celebrity status. To a limited extent you can understand that the kid was more scared under the circumstances than a normal 24 year old would have been.

All that said, this incident is nothing like the high profile ones for which guys have been suspended recently. Accidentally doing something and then not responding appropriately is far different than intentionally doing something in the first place.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

PFT blows.

It's the Weekly World News of football sites, starring Mike Florio as Batboy.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  I can't defend lynch after what he did. He deserves any heat he gets. I am ashamed to own his jersey.
                  I agree. You should give the jersey to me.

Comment

• okaydo
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                    But then again, it would take an exceptional 24-year old in Marshawn's position to stop the car, knowing full well the media circus and special consequences that would be involved due to his celebrity status. To a limited extent you can understand that the kid was more scared under the circumstances than a normal 24 year old would have been.
                    Actually, he just turned 22 a few months ago.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by okaydo
                      Actually, he just turned 22 a few months ago.
                      Even better! I was guessing.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by okaydo
                        LINK

For now, PFT will just be content to name him to the 2008 All-Turd Team.

(Damn, PFT *HATES* Marshawn with a passion. What's up with that?

Edited to add: Lynch was named "Monday's Moron" by The Bleacher Report.
                        No matter what the real story is regarding the hit and run incident - this is something that is going to follow Lynch the rest of his career. And if he has anymore off the field incidents he will be scrutized even more by the fans and NFL world.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          All-turd hall of fame?

Give me a ****ing break.

That's certainly no excuse, but people are trying to turn Lynch into Pacman Jones when he's not even Tank Johnson.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

More reason why Lynch will be a beast this year. There's nothing like scoring TD's to win the fans back.

2,000 yards. Here we come.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mayotm
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
                              No matter what the real story is regarding the hit and run incident - this is something that is going to follow Lynch the rest of his career. And if he has anymore off the field incidents he will be scrutized even more by the fans and NFL world.

~The Answer
                              It will follow him until he scores his first TD this season. We are a very forgiving country. Remember Ray Lewis and Kobe Bryant? Their incidents rarely get mentioned any longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X