PDA

View Full Version : Personally, I think we need a veteran QB to help mentor Trent...

Mitchy moo
07-01-2008, 06:42 AM
I think it would help to have an experienced QB around for Trent to pick up pointers from. JP brings 0 to the table and Hamdan is a unknown quantity, so having a guy there that can give advice and tricks of the trade is so, so important.

justasportsfan
07-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Turk and AVP are former qbs. JP brings a ton to the table. He's gonna breath down Trents neck but has been very classy about it. A vet could do what Holcomb try to do. Divide the team.

PromoTheRobot
07-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I think it would help to have an experienced QB around for Trent to pick up pointers from. JP brings 0 to the table and Hamdan is a unknown quantity, so having a guy there that can give advice and tricks of the trade is so, so important.
Don't forget Turk Schoenert. He played for the Bengals.

PTR

Night Train
07-01-2008, 12:01 PM
He's got Turk and AVP talking into his ear.

Solid backups in their playing days & both are razor sharp. Plus all reports indicate he's an extremely bright guy.

The Answer
07-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Turk and AVP are former qbs. JP brings a ton to the table. He's gonna breath down Trents neck but has been very classy about it. A vet could do what Holcomb try to do. Divide the team.

How did Holcomb divide the team? Because we were a better team when he started and some of the veterans like Moulds were vocal about who should be starting?

Anyways - I agree with Scooby and still think we need to make a push for Culpepper if the circumstances are right and he realizes he's not going to get a starting gig anywhere this season.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
How did Holcomb divide the team? Because we were a better team when he started and some of the veterans like Moulds were vocal about who should be starting?

Anyways - I agree with Scooby and still think we need to make a push for Culpepper if the circumstances are right and he realizes he's not going to get a starting gig anywhere this season.

~The Answer
He tried to rally the players for him to start. it was well documented

The Answer
07-01-2008, 01:43 PM
He tried to rally the players for him to start. it was well documented

He was being a leader - one of the glaring flaws that has always plagued JP throughout his career - he's simply not one.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
07-01-2008, 01:54 PM
He was being a leader - ~The Answer whatever.

Mitchy moo
07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Anyways - I agree with Scooby and still think we need to make a push for Culpepper

Umm dude I never said that, Dante sucks and is a liability.

The Answer
07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Umm dude I never said that, Dante sucks and is a liability.

I meant siging a veteran QB in general. Personally I think Culpepper is the best veteran currently available.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I meant siging a veteran QB in general. Personally I think Culpepper is the best veteran currently available.

~The Answer

Ok, that's fair.

trapezeus
07-02-2008, 08:43 AM

really? breathe down his neck? like in, "hey trent, they ran out of gatorade, do you want me to run back into the lockerroom or just get some water?"

Only way JP gets on the field is if Trent is injured. isn't that how you wanted JP to be treated? to be on the field no matter what happened instead of being jerked around?

RingofFire
07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Forget JP. HE WAS AN ACCIDENT. A NEVER WAS. A TEST TUBE CHILD

justasportsfan
07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
really? breathe down his neck? like in, "hey trent, they ran out of gatorade, do you want me to run back into the lockerroom or just get some water?"

Only way JP gets on the field is if Trent is injured. isn't that how you wanted JP to be treated? to be on the field no matter what happened instead of being jerked around?

I agree. The only way JP gets on the field is if Trent is injured. If he blows it up however, look for Dick to play carousel again. He's done it before. He's PROVEN he will if he has to.

Nobody's job is safe. Trent knows Lee is gonna do his best when JP is the qb.

mayotm
07-02-2008, 10:18 AM
I can see where this thread is heading. Another 5 page Trent versus JP thread.

TigerJ
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I said las January or so that I thought the way to go would be to trade Losman and sign a verteran free agent. However, the free agent QB market has pretty much dried up, and Buffalo cast their lots with Losman as primary backup. At this poi9nt I think that what Buffalo has in Schoert and AVP on the coaching staff is as good or better than what they're going to find in the free agent market.

trapezeus
07-02-2008, 10:35 AM
I agree. The only way JP gets on the field is if Trent is injured. If he blows it up however, look for Dick to play carousel again. He's done it before. He's PROVEN he will if he has to.

Nobody's job is safe. Trent knows Lee is gonna do his best when JP is the qb.

not sure when JP has blown it up. i've seen him play slightly above average. and for JP that's like playing stellar ball. But he hasn't proven anything or he'd be the starter going into this season.

Lee is going to do his best for whoever is throwing the ball because this is contract year and if the team doesn't make a big leap, he'll want out of Buffalo.

justasportsfan
07-02-2008, 10:45 AM
not sure when JP has blown it up. i've seen him play slightly above average. and for JP that's like playing stellar ball. But he hasn't proven anything or he'd be the starter going into this season.

Did I say JP has blown it up? I can however see him doing better than what he did in 06 with better weapons.

Speaking of JP's 2006 season thats something the Trent has yet to achieve. Hopefully he will be able to AT LEAST match that. After all , he's supposedly years ahead , better than JP ,more weapons and an OL looks good on paper playing with one year under their belt.

if Trent has 2 straight horrible games, Bills fans will be screaming to try JP. Like I said, Dick will play qb carousel if he has to. He's done it before.

PECKERWOOD
07-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Forget JP. HE WAS AN ACCIDENT. A NEVER WAS. A TEST TUBE CHILD

What does that make Tedwards?

trapezeus
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Did I say JP has blown it up? I can however see him doing better than what he did in 06 with better weapons.

Speaking of JP's 2006 season thats something the Trent has yet to achieve. Hopefully he will be able to AT LEAST match that. After all , he's supposedly years ahead , better than JP ,more weapons and an OL looks good on paper playing with one year under their belt.

if Trent has 2 straight horrible games, Bills fans will be screaming to try JP. Like I said, Dick will play qb carousel if he has to. He's done it before.

in your previous post you did say "if JP blows it up....like he has before"

This is trent's second year, so to surpass JP's second year, he has to win more than 1 game. I look forward to trents success.

And the QB carousel that you mention is more a function of the FO not wanting JP. I have a feeling the bills will give trent more leeway. i also think sensible bills fans will give him more time. we all know what happened when JP got yanked for a nonstarter in holcomb. i don't think the bills or fans want that same 2-3 year annoyance to happen again.

justasportsfan
07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
in your previous post you did say "if JP blows it up....like he has before".huh? I was talking about Dick playing carousel with the qb position.

This is trent's second year, so to surpass JP's second year, he has to win more than 1 game. I look forward to trents success. . wins and losses are teams stats not Player stats.

Trent should easily surpass JP's 06 nos. Unlike JP, he's been given a decent OL to better weapons.

And the QB carousel that you mention is more a function of the FO not wanting JP. I have a feeling the bills will give trent more leeway. i also think sensible bills fans will give him more time. we all know what happened when JP got yanked for a nonstarter in holcomb. i don't think the bills or fans want that same 2-3 year annoyance to happen again. Dick doesn't have that luxury. If the seasons starts going downhill because of Trent, Dick will do what needs to be done. He's proven that.

trapezeus
07-03-2008, 11:55 AM
i think Jauron does have that luxury. What's the fan base going to do? Leave? all ralph has to do is say they are thinking about 2 games in toronto next year and the season is sold out again.

Plus unless jauron literally takes the team to 3-13 or worse, ralph doesn't want to switch again. it's not like he's waiting to pick up a great talent. and the fan base is more willing to let a bum year 3 years in get one more shot before we bring in a new guy who has to tear the team down before he starts.

justasportsfan
07-03-2008, 12:07 PM
i think Jauron does have that luxury. What's the fan base going to do? Leave? ..
not buy tickets.

iall ralph has to do is say they are thinking about 2 games in toronto next year and the season is sold out again..
who's gonna want to watch a crappy bills?

trapezeus
07-03-2008, 01:13 PM
not buy tickets.

who's gonna want to watch a crappy bills?

are you serious? we watch a crappy bills team for the last 8 years. possibly going on 9. the region supports them because we love them. no matter how bad they are, once they pull the "move" comments, they sell out.

I really don't think another 7-9 to 9-7 team will make the bills cut chords with Jauron. No one wants to start over. it would take a collosal failure along with 1 or 2 completely boneheaded gametime decisions. They'll be ok.