Personally, I think we need a veteran QB to help mentor Trent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Personally, I think we need a veteran QB to help mentor Trent...

I think it would help to have an experienced QB around for Trent to pick up pointers from. JP brings 0 to the table and Hamdan is a unknown quantity, so having a guy there that can give advice and tricks of the trade is so, so important.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Personally, I think we need a veteran QB to help mentor Trent...

Turk and AVP are former qbs. JP brings a ton to the table. He's gonna breath down Trents neck but has been very classy about it. A vet could do what Holcomb try to do. Divide the team.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
      I think it would help to have an experienced QB around for Trent to pick up pointers from. JP brings 0 to the table and Hamdan is a unknown quantity, so having a guy there that can give advice and tricks of the trade is so, so important.
      Don't forget Turk Schoenert. He played for the Bengals.

PTR
      10 Commandments of the D
      1. Never stop Rocking.
      2. Legalize all drugs.
      3. Quit your day job.
      4. All Religion should be taxed.
      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
      6. F**k her gently.
      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

He's got Turk and AVP talking into his ear.

Solid backups in their playing days & both are razor sharp. Plus all reports indicate he's an extremely bright guy.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Turk and AVP are former qbs. JP brings a ton to the table. He's gonna breath down Trents neck but has been very classy about it. A vet could do what Holcomb try to do. Divide the team.
          How did Holcomb divide the team? Because we were a better team when he started and some of the veterans like Moulds were vocal about who should be starting?

Anyways - I agree with Scooby and still think we need to make a push for Culpepper if the circumstances are right and he realizes he's not going to get a starting gig anywhere this season.

~The Answer

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
            How did Holcomb divide the team? Because we were a better team when he started and some of the veterans like Moulds were vocal about who should be starting?

Anyways - I agree with Scooby and still think we need to make a push for Culpepper if the circumstances are right and he realizes he's not going to get a starting gig anywhere this season.

~The Answer
            He tried to rally the players for him to start. it was well documented
            sacrifice1

Comment

• The Answer
              The Plagiarist
              • Mar 2007

He tried to rally the players for him to start. it was well documented
              He was being a leader - one of the glaring flaws that has always plagued JP throughout his career - he's simply not one.

~The Answer

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

He was being a leader - ~The Answer
                whatever.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Anyways - I agree with Scooby and still think we need to make a push for Culpepper
                  Umm dude I never said that, Dante sucks and is a liability.

Comment

• The Answer
                    The Plagiarist
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
                    Umm dude I never said that, Dante sucks and is a liability.
                    I meant siging a veteran QB in general. Personally I think Culpepper is the best veteran currently available.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

I meant siging a veteran QB in general. Personally I think Culpepper is the best veteran currently available.

~The Answer
                      Ok, that's fair.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

really? breathe down his neck? like in, "hey trent, they ran out of gatorade, do you want me to run back into the lockerroom or just get some water?"

Only way JP gets on the field is if Trent is injured. isn't that how you wanted JP to be treated? to be on the field no matter what happened instead of being jerked around?

Comment

• RingofFire
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2007

Forget JP. HE WAS AN ACCIDENT. A NEVER WAS. A TEST TUBE CHILD

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            really? breathe down his neck? like in, "hey trent, they ran out of gatorade, do you want me to run back into the lockerroom or just get some water?"

Only way JP gets on the field is if Trent is injured. isn't that how you wanted JP to be treated? to be on the field no matter what happened instead of being jerked around?

I agree. The only way JP gets on the field is if Trent is injured. If he blows it up however, look for Dick to play carousel again. He's done it before. He's PROVEN he will if he has to.

Nobody's job is safe. Trent knows Lee is gonna do his best when JP is the qb.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• mayotm
                              • Jul 2003

I can see where this thread is heading. Another 5 page Trent versus JP thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X