• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

I'm officially on board the Shockey bandwagon

At first I thought all the talk of bringing this guy was absurb - especially given his reputation as an 'intense' player on and off the field. Also his agent is a certified doushebag as well.

But with news that the Giants are willing to part ways with him for a 2nd and 5th round pick, I feel the OBD braintrust should act on this - especially if they truly feel we are a team that is ready to not only compete for a playoff spot, but also a division title and championship.

Also the 2nd and 5th is just the intial asking price, so just like buying a house or car I'm sure we could do some haggling - perhaps a 3rd and 6th instead? Or maybe even a conditional draft pick scenario?

I guess in the end I just feel that we are asking way too much if we expect a 2nd round rookie draft pick to be 'The Answer' (no pun intended) to our offensive woes - especially considering his off the field issues already. Also we are assuming that Evans is going to rebound and have a better season, and that Lynch will be utilized more in the passing game as well. And of course that Trent is going to take a giant step in his 2nd NFL season. So even if all of this comes to fruition, we can't realisitcally expect to improve from worst to first in terms of offensive productivity? I mean what have we really done this offseason to improve this unit?

Shockey is a proven commodity and would be the best possible upgrade at the TE position we could hope for considering our current roster. You can also argue that he would instantly become our best offensive player period - Trent needs a proven veteran playmaker in the redzone and Shockey would add a whole new dimension that we have been lacking since the days of Pete Metzelars.

I say get this move done now before another team steals him!

~The Answer
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: I'm officially on board the Shockey bandwagon

not until we've tied up Lee, Peters, and Crowell.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• seanbillsfan
      • May 2007

He wouldnt want to play here

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

he's not proven at all.

The guy is almost always injured and lives off of one or two huge games a year.

Just Say No to Miami trash.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Personally I think he's overrated. Like Op said he lives off of one big game every year. Don't mean to sound like Wys but last year if it wasn't for his one huge 12 rec 129 yard 1 TD game, his numbers would be barely better than Bo Scaife.

And he's got the "Da U" bad attitude, the douchebag agent, and the injury bug. He belongs in Baltimore with the rest of the Ray Lewis Ed Reed McGahee thugs. But wait, they already have their very own injury prone tight end.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Personally I think he's overrated. Like Op said he lives off of one big game every year. Don't mean to sound like Wys but last year if it wasn't for his one huge 12 rec 129 yard 1 TD game, his numbers would be barely better than Bo Scaife.

And he's got the "Da U" bad attitude, the douchebag agent, and the injury bug. He belongs in Baltimore with the rest of the Ray Lewis Ed Reed McGahee thugs. But wait, they already have their very own injury prone tight end.
            Ya, one or two games a year for us to win is going to be the difference between making the playoffs or not. You field the best team you can and we do NOT have a TE worth mentioning on this team. A little attitude on offense can go a long way as well. If we have ML out there with Shockey & Evans, we are going to get more points on the board.

Remember when we had talent and attitude on offense?? It's been missing here for a long time, too long.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer

But with news that the Giants are willing to part ways with him for a 2nd and 5th round pick,
              If that is what they want then give it to them. 5th round picks are basically useless.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                The guy is almost always injured and lives off of one or two huge games a year.
                1 or 2 is better than the 0 the Bills are getting now.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  If that is what they want then give it to them. 5th round picks are basically useless.
                  oh boy now you've done it.

Someone is going to go look up the 6 5th round picks in the last 10 years that are NFL starters and use the exceptions to the rule to "prove" 5th round picks are not useless.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    oh boy now you've done it.

Someone is going to go look up the 6 5th round picks in the last 10 years that are NFL starters and use the exceptions to the rule to "prove" 5th round picks are not useless.

That's why I said "basically".

Comment

• The Answer
                      The Plagiarist
                      • Mar 2007

Always injured? One or Two big games a year?

What information are you guys looking at, because when I look at his stats I'm seeing something totally different:

Latest on TE Jeremy Shockey including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

I'm not looking for him to put up 120 yards and 3 TD's per game - but I see a TE that would flourish in the type of system that Schonert is looking to run. He could easily put up 800 - 1000 yards here considering we don't have multiple threats at the WR position to post those type of numbers.

Also defenders aren't going to be able to double both Evans and Shockey so they would both have opportunities to wreak havoc downfield with one on one coverage.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by The Answer
                        Always injured? One or Two big games a year?

What information are you guys looking at, because when I look at his stats I'm seeing something totally different:

Latest on TE Jeremy Shockey including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

I'm not looking for him to put up 120 yards and 3 TD's per game - but I see a TE that would flourish in the type of system that Schonert is looking to run. He could easily put up 800 - 1000 yards here considering we don't have multiple threats at the WR position to post those type of numbers.

Also defenders aren't going to be able to double both Evans and Shockey so they would both have opportunities to wreak havoc downfield with one on one coverage.
                        Add in ML when they are playing back to stop those 2 and we have 2nd and 3 / 2nd & 4 more often. We are used to seeing 2nd & 5 / 2nd & 6, which has a way of limiting what you can do.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Shockey would be the biggest improvement the Bills could make on offense.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            Shockey would be the biggest improvement the Bills could make on offense.
                            As of this moment, this is dead right.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Shockey is a HUGE distraction and more talk than actual game.

He *****ed in NY, he'll ***** here.

Is it any surprise that the Giants were better without him? Really?

Pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X