PDA

View Full Version : Mike Viti Released!

bigbub2352
07-01-2008, 03:33 PM
So Much for all the hype i guess, Go Serve our country proud soldier.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Looks like we like Barnes and Evans, i still think when all is said and done it will be Schouman at FB

The Answer
07-01-2008, 03:36 PM
So Much for all the hype i guess, Go Serve our country proud soldier.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Looks like we like Barnes and Evans, i still think when all is said and done it will be Schouman at FB

This move pretty much confirms that.

Also I think we are making room for veteran WR, TE, and Oline help.

~The Answer

bigbub2352
07-01-2008, 03:38 PM
i wouldnt mind adding a vet TE if indeed Schouman moves to FB, also a Vet WR and cut Reed

OpIv37
07-01-2008, 03:38 PM
meh

Pinkerton Security
07-01-2008, 03:41 PM
man. i was hoping he'd pan out into something. easy to root for the guy.

The Answer
07-01-2008, 03:46 PM
man. i was hoping he'd pan out into something. easy to root for the guy.

since we already have The Digi - I guess there is only room for one Italian Stallion on the roster.

Surprised that this guy didn't last until camp though - he must have really sucked.

~The Answer

Michael82
07-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Damn....I was hoping they would hold onto him. He seemed like a great guy and could have been the true FB that we have been missing. I hate the idea of another TE/HB role. Schouman is good, but i'd rather have a bruising FB first.

Night Train
07-01-2008, 07:16 PM
He had a great 1 week run on the Bills boards.

A contender for the Dean Cain award.

Oaf
07-01-2008, 11:15 PM
That is quite a disappointment. We really should have drafted one IMO.

yordad
07-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Maybe they are convinced they found something in Barnes. Cutting young guys with any kind of credentials (not that he had much) this early really says something about how strong the 53 man roster will be. And, might be a vote of confidence for Barnes.

I guess I read Barnes is making plays over the middle in camps. Did anyone expect that? I think I read a coach's quote calling Barnes fast.

Marvelous
07-02-2008, 02:37 AM
OMG!!!!! We, we released our UDFA FB! wow!

:lol:

Jan Reimers
07-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Schouman is primarily a receiver. He is not much of a blocker. I see him as our pass catching TE and Barnes - a burly, veteran, smash mouth FB - as our FB.

We are not running an H back system.

jamze132
07-02-2008, 07:58 AM
since we already have The Digi - I guess there is only room for one Italian Stallion on the roster.

Surprised that this guy didn't last until camp though - he must have really sucked.

~The Answer
This post just gave me down syndrome.

Luisito23
07-02-2008, 08:13 AM

~The Answer

Man you and your stupid nicknames are sooooo annoying...

blackonyx89
07-02-2008, 08:16 AM
I was one of the biggest backers of Viti. I'm totally bummed out about, but I understand the Bills coaches is doing what's best for the team. Good luck Viti wherever you wind up in the NFL.

:candle:

The Answer
07-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Man you and your stupid nicknames are sooooo annoying...

Glad you enjoy them.

~The Answer

Captain gameboy
07-02-2008, 02:20 PM

~The Answer

Probably had a lot more to do with his other career than how bad he was.

The military is set up to route service academy grads into their eventual path during the summer. I expect he had a few workouts, asked the staff what they thought and they told him he was a very, very long shot.

So, he probably decided the better choice was to stay in the main current with his academy grads rather than waste time screwing around in the NFL, with a great likelihood of getting cut.
Options are a wonderful thing.

In other words, his participation in training camp has a lot more consequences than your average non draftee who gets cut and goes to a painting job or something.

Mr. Miyagi
07-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Barnes looks like a mean ****er.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09FIeGR7gFdFv/340x.jpg