View Full Version : Campbell signs for 7 million+ a year

JD
07-01-2008, 04:47 PM
8 years with Chicago for 56.8 million
:lmao:

:crazy:

raphael120
07-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Raise your hand if you didn't see that coming. Honestly I wouldn't have been surprised if it was over 8 mil.

Dr. Pepper
07-01-2008, 05:36 PM
nice, they just overpaid by about 3 million per season. sad thing is, teams were lined up to overpay. now chicago's going to have fun trying to sign kane and toeves in a couple years. looks like theyre already over the cap after bringing in campbell and huet today.

Nighthawk
07-01-2008, 05:43 PM
The guy is just not worth the money, not that anybody is these days. However, what the hell do these teams see in Campbell??? Very good offensively, but he's not the guy you say to yourself you need to have out on the ice at the end of game.

chernobylwraiths
07-01-2008, 05:47 PM
The guy is just not worth the money, not that anybody is these days. However, what the hell do these teams see in Campbell??? Very good offensively, but he's not the guy you say to yourself you need to have out on the ice at the end of game.

Two straight all star games, young player, gifted offensively, highlight reel hit on Umberger, very good skater.

Nighthawk
07-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Two straight all star games, young player, gifted offensively, highlight reel hit on Umberger, very good skater.

NOT A DIFFERENCE MAKER! For that kind of money, the player better be a difference maker...he's not.

RockStar36
07-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I would be so pissed if my team paid that much for someone like Campbell. Thank god the Sabres got some return before he left.

chernobylwraiths
07-01-2008, 08:49 PM
NOT A DIFFERENCE MAKER! For that kind of money, the player better be a difference maker...he's not.

You asked why someone would pay that much for him and I gave you an answer. Jeez, don't ask a question if you don't want an answer. And who cares what someone else paid for him since we didn't?

mchurchfie
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Rory Fitzpatrick almost got voted in too. Talk about an overrated and overhyped defensive player. I love Soupy but he shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as a true defensive star like Pronger or Neidmayer (spelling.)

don137
07-02-2008, 06:13 AM
The problem with these types of contracts is that it makes more players want to test free agency in the hopes on landing the big pay day.
From the offensive side of it Campbell is awesome and worth the money but from a defensive side of it he is average at best. When your shelling out that type of money you would expect a complete player and Soupy excels only offensively.
I wish him well and glad the Sabres got something for him in a down year. Look at the Sharks, not only did they not make it to the Stanley Cup they lost a first round pick and a prospect.

jamze132
07-02-2008, 07:30 AM
As low as the salary cap is, I can't see why any team would want to pay any player that much per year, unless you are talking about top 5 talent. Commiting almost 15-20% of your cap to one player is probably not a good idea in the NHL. I think they commited like 12% to Campbell alone and he is in no way worth that!

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2008, 10:55 AM
8 years with Chicago for 56.8 million
:lmao:

:crazy:
Complete INSANITY.....

There are 20 defensemen better.

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
The Blackhawks also paid WAY too much for Huet. As of right now they are over the cap, but I anticipate them trading Habibulin (sp) soon. Regardless, the way they are spending they are going to have issues when it comes time for the two rookies to re-sign.