PDA

View Full Version : The reason why this FO scares me.

Nighthawk
07-01-2008, 07:51 PM
They actually believe this team is good! If that is how they feel, they seriously have no clue on how to build a Stanley Cup team. This team is so far from being a Cup contender that it is scary. There's plenty of time for moves to be made, but the signals coming from HSBC Arena are not promising. This FO will probably resign Miller & Pomminville and then think they did something great to make the team better. Well, there's one problem with that...the team sucked last year and with no significant changes will be the same soft, no character, no heart...team. That is the reason I'm kind of worried.

There's plenty of time to make changes, but does the FO see what the rest of the NHL does or are they in their own little world?

Keep your fingers crossed because the offseason is just beginning.

SpillerThrills
07-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Hurry up everyone hit the panic button!!!!!!!!!! we're 9 hours into FA and we've only signed a backup goalie!!!!!!! people need to relax, there are still players out there, and we already knew that we probably weren't going to go after a big name.....

SabreEleven
07-01-2008, 08:15 PM
They actually believe this team is good! If that is how they feel, they seriously have no clue on how to build a Stanley Cup team. This team is so far from being a Cup contender that it is scary. There's plenty of time for moves to be made, but the signals coming from HSBC Arena are not promising. This FO will probably resign Miller & Pomminville and then think they did something great to make the team better. Well, there's one problem with that...the team sucked last year and with no significant changes will be the same soft, no character, no heart...team. That is the reason I'm kind of worried.

There's plenty of time to make changes, but does the FO see what the rest of the NHL does or are they in their own little world?

The offseason is just beginning for the REST of the NHL. It is over for the Sabres.

The Sabres were one or two players from the Finals. The dismantled that team have to pretty much start over. The FO feels that last year was just an off year and will be back in the playoffs this year. I'm not holding my breathe.

SabreEleven
07-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Hurry up everyone hit the panic button!!!!!!!!!! we're 9 hours into FA and we've only signed a backup goalie!!!!!!! people need to relax, there are still players out there, and we already knew that we probably weren't going to go after a big name.....

You are cute...You must have been a Sabres fan for about 3 years now....Thanks for staying on the bandwagon. :up:

raphael120
07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
You are cute...You must have been a Sabres fan for about 3 years now....Thanks for staying on the bandwagon. :up:
Sounds like youve been a Sabres fan for about 1 season.

You give this franchise absolutely no credit. Say what you want about the front office but I think they know what the hell theyre doing when they got us to the playoffs 2 times in a row while getting the presidents trophy. It's obvious they screwed up bigtime along the way but hey, stuff happens and every year isn't going to be the Sabres year. Deal with it. The Sabres are in a small market and they have to do unconventional things to stay competative. And anyways, there are plenty of GOOD defensemen out there that we can still sign (Orpik for one). Keep your pants on, and chill the **** out.

Never understood how people can love the Bills so much and deal with it's crap for 9 seasons straight but then the Sabres have one bad year and fans are ready to blow up the HSBC arena.

You also fail to realize our team is very young...and yes if we make key resignings and bring in a new veteran leader, this team could be much better just based on more experience and young players like Weber, Gerbe, and Kaleta, who all (if you ask me) play with a lot of heart.

SpillerThrills
07-01-2008, 08:33 PM

well lets see, I'm 25 now, originally from Buffalo.... so I'd say I've been a sabres fan for about.... 25 years or so, since my dad is also a sabres and bills fan. I just have a level head and know that no matter how much I wanna freak out about what my 2 favorite teams are doing I can't change anything.... so what's the point in flipping out????

and you've been on the bandwagon for how long????

raphael120
07-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Ugh, you know what, the more I think about it the front office is being ****ing clueless lately...but I reserve my judgement until the end of the week when all the good FA defensemen are gone.

SabreEleven
07-01-2008, 08:41 PM

You give this franchise absolutely no credit. Say what you want about the front office but I think they know what the hell theyre doing when they got us to the playoffs 2 times in a row while getting the presidents trophy. It's obvious they screwed up bigtime along the way but hey, stuff happens and every year isn't going to be the Sabres year. Deal with it. The Sabres are in a small market and they have to do unconventional things to stay competative. And anyways, there are plenty of GOOD defensemen out there that we can still sign (Orpik for one). Keep your pants on, and chill the **** out.

Never understood how people can love the Bills so much and deal with it's crap for 9 seasons straight but then the Sabres have one bad year and fans are ready to blow up the HSBC arena.

You also fail to realize our team is very young...and yes if we make key resignings and bring in a new veteran leader, this team could be much better just based on more experience and young players like Weber, Gerbe, and Kaleta, who all (if you ask me) play with a lot of heart.

I'm tired of loosing every single year...ohhhhhh....the Presidents Trophy...ohhhhh...I guess I miss the parade :rolleyes:

and with the team being very young means that are at least 4 to 5 years away from coming close to the playoffs or Finals....Have the Sabres ever signed a veteran leader?

SabreEleven
07-01-2008, 08:43 PM
well lets see, I'm 25 now, originally from Buffalo.... so I'd say I've been a sabres fan for about.... 25 years or so, since my dad is also a sabres and bills fan. I just have a level head and know that no matter how much I wanna freak out about what my 2 favorite teams are doing I can't change anything.... so what's the point in flipping out????

and you've been on the bandwagon for how long????

You are a typical Buffalo fan....satisfied with medicority and losing....and I'm not flipping out. I knew the Sabres weren't going to sign **** this off season, just like the before that and the one before than and the one before that

SpillerThrills
07-01-2008, 08:50 PM
You are a typical Buffalo fan....satisfied with medicority and losing....and I'm not flipping out. I knew the Sabres weren't going to sign **** this off season, just like the before that and the one before than and the one before that

sure I'm a "typical Buffalo fan", I'm happy playing one game at a time.... and for a team that was on the verge of moving and not existing in Buffalo ever again I'm happy with what they've done.... are we the Red Wings??? no, will we be?? probably not. if every team won all the time, who would lose??? we wouldn't be able to bash the Maple Laughs or Philthadelphia....

Nighthawk
07-01-2008, 09:06 PM
sure I'm a "typical Buffalo fan", I'm happy playing one game at a time.... and for a team that was on the verge of moving and not existing in Buffalo ever again I'm happy with what they've done.... are we the Red Wings??? no, will we be?? probably not. if every team won all the time, who would lose??? we wouldn't be able to bash the Maple Laughs or Philthadelphia....

Honestly, your rationale is ridiculous. It's really not worth the argument. Also, read my post, I did not freak out because it is very early in the offseason...however, I did state that the way Darcy was talking doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I guess having a team, no matter how bad the FO mismanages the team, will be good enough for you.

OpIv37
07-01-2008, 09:07 PM

The problem is that the Sabres are employing a very Bills- like strategy: field the same team and hope for different results. It's the same story. The Bills barely tweaked the #30 overall offense and now they think they can make the playoffs.

The Sabres were only 6 points out so a tweak here or there and player improvement may get them into the playoffs, but making the playoffs and being competitive in the playoffs are two entirely different things.

The guys that have gone so far have gotten ridiculous amounts of money, so from that aspect I don't fault the Sabres for not overpaying. The flaw in that strategy is that it does not make the team any better. And when our opponents are willing to pay but we aren't, the talent gap between us and them just continues to grow.

THATHURMANATOR
07-01-2008, 10:03 PM

The two things they really needed was a rugged Defenseman and a capable backup goalie. They addressed 1 so far. They need a tough stay at home dman and I think they will be fine.

What else to you feel the team needs?? Should they irresponsibly start throwing around contracts like Campbell got in a small market like Buffalo? If you as me I would be worried at the long term future of this team if they did. They are stacked with young talent. The Sabres are a team that will always build from within.

Philagape
07-01-2008, 10:15 PM
The panic button's been pushed for over a year now, and for good reason as it turned out. So now, the panic button must need a reason to be UNpushed.

Philagape
07-01-2008, 10:19 PM
stuff happens and every year isn't going to be the Sabres year.

No, what happened to this team was neither common nor did it "happen" to them. They did it to themselves, and it didn't have to happen. There was nothing normal or cyclical about it.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:40 AM
The panic button's been pushed for over a year now, and for good reason as it turned out. So now, the panic button must need a reason to be UNpushed.
that's the key. We have every reason to keep our fingers on the button because we are still pissed about last year. As of right now, this front office has shown me NOTHING to get me excited again and get me to forgive them for letting our two captains walk.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm not panicking yet, but if I come home from my family's cottage on Sunday night and see that we still have Max in Buffalo, and the team still hasn't solved their biggest problem yet....a solid veteran defenseman, then I will be pissed and will ***** like hell! :mad:

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Oh and unlike some of you guys, I feel that we need to move Max and maybe Connolly, and bring in someone who can replace the two guys that we lost that year. This young team needs a leader, a captain. Someone that they can look up to and I don't see it on the roster, maybe Pominville, but I'm not sure....

jamze132
07-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Oh and unlike some of you guys, I feel that we need to move Max and maybe Connolly, and bring in someone who can replace the two guys that we lost that year. This young team needs a leader, a captain. Someone that they can look up to and I don't see it on the roster, maybe Pominville, but I'm not sure....
Maybe the FO thinks Gaustad can lead the team...

Michael82
07-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Maybe the FO thinks Gaustad can lead the team...
Possibly............

But I'm betting it's more likely that the team will do that ****ing idiotic rotating captain thing again. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm not panicking yet, but if I come home from my family's cottage on Sunday night and see that we still have Max in Buffalo, and the team still hasn't solved their biggest problem yet....a solid veteran defenseman, then I will be pissed and will ***** like hell! :mad:
Why Mike?

What is the difference if these things happen by Sunday? They need to happen before the first game of the year I agree but why freak out by Sunday?

OpIv37
07-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Why Mike?

What is the difference if these things happen by Sunday? They need to happen before the first game of the year I agree but why freak out by Sunday?

because by Sunday, all the guys who can help will likely be gone.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Very good! :bf1:

chernobylwraiths
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
so, there are no players currently on rosters that could help via trade?

Lone Stranger
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I believe that some people are making a serious mistake by accepting the fact we are going to resign Miller and Pommer. I have my doubts. With the free agent $ flowing so liberally both would be wise to wait for free agency next year.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I believe that some people are making a serious mistake by accepting the fact we are going to resign Miller and Pommer. I have my doubts. With the free agent $ flowing so liberally both would be wise to wait for free agency next year.
I totally agree about Ryan Miller, but not sure on Pominville. He's only a RFA next year, not a UFA.

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I seem to remember the year after the lock-out when the Sabres basically did nothing but sign Teppo and all the other teams went wild and signed free agent's like crazy. All the Buffalo fans *****ed like hell because the Sabres didn't do anything and then they ended up having one of their best seasons. Funny how that works.

raphael120
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM

Oh no question Max and Connolly need to be gone. We have enough dead weight on our team, let alone dead weight we're paying a good chunk of change for. It seems like right now we're relegated to seeing what we can get in a trade, I highly doubt we sign anyone else of any significance.

raphael120
07-02-2008, 11:38 AM
I seem to remember the year after the lock-out when the Sabres basically did nothing but sign Teppo and all the other teams went wild and signed free agent's like crazy. All the Buffalo fans *****ed like hell because the Sabres didn't do anything and then they ended up having one of their best seasons. Funny how that works.

Who did the Red Wings sign in FA last season? Uh...not a whole hell of a lot.

JD
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
CAN WE GET SOME VETERAN LEADERSHIP FOR ****S SAKE!?!?!?

**** this front office.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
wanna know why? They were already old and experienced. They had the veteran leadership and true captains. The Sabres are the opposite. They are young and inexperienced and do not have a true leader, especially if Ryan Miller leaves. :ill:

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't think they can trade Connolly. He is going into the last year of his deal and I can't imagine many other teams wanting to give up something worthwhile for someone that has one year left and is a question mark in terms of health.

Max on the other hand needs to go ASAP.

And JD, RELAX. We are only 25 hours into free agency.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
what did they do today, after they just won the cup? Upgraded the team! That's right, they signed Hossa! :ill:

:sigh:

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I can't believe the amount of over-reacting done in Buffalo. Actually, I can. It's kind of sad.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I can't believe the amount of over-reacting done in Buffalo. Actually, I can. It's kind of sad.
it happens for the Bills too. Hell RockStar, the overreacting happens for every sports team around. Check lots of other team messageboards and you will see the same thing. I'm surprised you aren't used to it yet. I'm also surprised that you still comment about it and ***** about it.

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Because it is beyond old. I bet you were the same person raising hell when the Sabres only signed Teppo after the lock-out but you were loving how good they were. Were the Sabres really that bad last year?

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
oh and it could be worse. Check out this Over-reacting.... :::

http://www.sabrespace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12945

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Because it is beyond old. I bet you were the same person raising hell when the Sabres only signed Teppo after the lock-out but you were loving how good they were. Were the Sabres really that bad last year?
I was pissed that he was the only player they signed. But they lucked out, they happened to already have a small, fast team that was ready for the new rules. If only the NHL decided to stick to those rules, then maybe we would still have one of the top teams in the league. :sigh:

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I'll bet a million to one that the person who posted that is a huge bandwagon fan.

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:09 PM
I was pissed that he was the only player they signed. But they lucked out, they happened to already have a small, fast team that was ready for the new rules. If only the NHL decided to stick to those rules, then maybe we would still have one of the top teams in the league. :sigh:

They didn't luck out. They knew what they were doing and had confidence in the guys that they already had on the roster.

Michael82
I'll bet a million to one that the person who posted that is a huge bandwagon fan.
I bet that if I surfed around several other Sabres/other NHL sites, I would find quite a few posts where the people are panicking the same way. :meh:

THATHURMANATOR
I highly doubt that.

RockStar36
Bottom line: It's only day two.

What happens to everyone who is *****ing up a storm if the Sabres sign a d-man (like Smith) or trade Max for another d-man, or something to that effect? The biggest flip flop ever?

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I bet that if I surfed around several other Sabres/other NHL sites, I would find quite a few posts where the people are panicking the same way. :meh:

Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean it is right. I can only imagine if people acted this way in real life over things the way they do towards the Sabres.

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2008, 12:10 PM

What happens to everyone who is *****ing up a storm if the Sabres sign a d-man (like Smith) or trade Max for another d-man, or something to that effect? The biggest flip flop ever?
No its too late we are dooooomed.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:12 PM
They didn't luck out. They knew what they were doing and had confidence in the guys that they already had on the roster.
just like last year. Where the hell did that get them? Watching the playoffs from the golf course. :ill:

I don't know about you, but I am not ready for another season of no playoffs. I enjoyed going to all those playoff games and watching them on TV. I enjoyed actually being able to still talk about the team and be excited as the team dominates other teams and then goes into the playoffs fighting hard. Last season was depressing because most of us knew that the team was not good enough. if they stick with their current ways and do nothing except hopefully sign Miller to an extension, do you really think that will help them get back to the playoffs and make a run for the Cup? I don't think so.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean it is right. I can only imagine if people acted this way in real life over things the way they do towards the Sabres.
why do you think your *****ing about people's *****ing is any better? Seriously, if anything...it just gets the *****ers to complain even more. So....instead of starting crap and whining about people overreacting, why not just ignore it and enjoy your offseason while the Sabres do nothing?

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:15 PM

I agree with you and that's why i said I will give them a week or so. If they don't have anyone else on this team by next week, then I reserve the right to complain. Just like politicians and other people, if the team recovers and signs someone to help the team or makes a good trade, I will give credit where credit is due! :up:

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
So I have to shut up and ignore all the bandwagon whiners just to suit their needs. **** that.

The Sabres were a few shoot-out wins from the playoffs last year. They weren't that far out to begin with. Getting a back-up goalie is a huge deal because if Miller has that rest he most likely wins a handful of those shoot-outs. Plus I have confidence that they will bring another person in soon. Once again, it's only day two. Not to mention, I know he is old, but if they re-sign Teppo that could be a big boost because he wasn't here all last season and he has the experience to help lead the young guys.

ddaryl
07-02-2008, 12:23 PM

I think you me under reacting... that is what our FO has done the last couple of seasons. Letting the team turn into a shallow soft team and not being aggresive.

We almost made it to the cup a couple of years back and now we are a completley different team heading in the opposite direction.

Without some added talent this team will be lucky to make it to the playoffs with what we have.

Nothing short of league dominance will satisfy me... and looking back we should be closer to that type of team because we were pretty close 3 seasons ago.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:23 PM
So I have to shut up and ignore all the bandwagon whiners just to suit their needs. **** that.

The Sabres were a few shoot-out wins from the playoffs last year. They weren't that far out to begin with. Getting a back-up goalie is a huge deal because if Miller has that rest he most likely wins a handful of those shoot-outs. Plus I have confidence that they will bring another person in soon. Once again, it's only day two. Not to mention, I know he is old, but if they re-sign Teppo that could be a big boost because he wasn't here all last season and he has the experience to help lead the young guys.

I'm not saying that you have to shut up. I'm saying that if you can ***** about us, why can't we ***** about the team? You want us to shut up, but yet you can still ***** about the whiners? what's up with that?

The Sabres were a few shoot-out wins from the playoffs last year, but they most likely would have been one and done. They were not that good, especially their defense. I agree that getting a backup goalie is a big deal, as long as Lalime still has something left in the tank and as long as Lindy can trust him. If he doesn't, then we're ****ed again.

i don't have confidence that we'll bring someone else in. why should I? What has the front office done lately that would give me that confidence? :ill:

Teppo is like 40 years old. And don't forget about his bad heart. He would be good as a mentor for the kids, but that's about it. I'd rather have someone else.

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I think you me under reacting... that is what our FO has done the last couple of seasons. Letting the team turn into a shallow soft team and not being aggresive.

We almost made it to the cup a couple of years back and now we are a completley different team heading in the opposite direction.

Without some added talent this team will be lucky to make it to the playoffs with what we have.

And what did they do in those few off-seasons that made them a cup contending team?

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I think you are under reacting... that is what our FO has done the last couple of seasons. Letting the team turn into a shallow soft team and not being aggresive.

Thank you, ddaryl! That's what I and others are saying. :bf1:

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Jason Smith is still available. Honestly, if they signed him and traded Max for a bag of pucks I would be satisfied with this off-season and ready for October. Oh, and maybe grab Warrener for a cheap price.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Jason Smith is still available. Honestly, if they signed him and traded Max for a bag of pucks I would be satisfied with this off-season and ready for October. Oh, and maybe grab Warrener for a cheap price.
That would shut me up. :up:

ddaryl
07-02-2008, 12:28 PM
And what did they do in those few off-seasons that made them a cup contending team?

it was the seasons before the lockout... The Sabres made shrewd trades and picked up players like Drury and Briere among others...

so here we are no real moves the last couple of season and the team has been circling the drain since the lost to Carolina

OpIv37
07-02-2008, 12:30 PM

Just because everyone else is doing it? Here's the problem- we have to PLAY everyone else. So if everyone else is doing something to get better, and we're not, where does that leave us? I agree these guys are getting overpaid- the problem is that other teams have accepted that fact and are paying players whereas the Sabres are still standing on their laurels at the expense of winning.

Are you satisfied with the status quo? I'm certainly not.

OpIv37
07-02-2008, 12:32 PM
No its too late we are dooooomed.

every player who goes off the board is a missed opportunity for this team to get better. Granted, we shouldn't be signing every player- some don't fill our needs or aren't a good fit for this team. But the cream of the crop is going fast and if the Sabres want to get in on that action (ie, become good enough to win) they're going to have to act soon.

raphael120
07-02-2008, 12:39 PM
I think if we have a capable backup in Lalime, and Miller isn't being overworked, I think we win at least 5 more games, making us able to get into the playoffs and also having a better rested Miller for the playoffs. People underestimate the fatigue that hit Miller physically but I think most importantly, mentally.

but one thing is for sure, we need a better defensemen. I dont care how good Miller is, when we're not able to get the puck out of our own end for most of the game (and even in ****ing PP), we're screwed.

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 01:19 PM
it was the seasons before the lockout... The Sabres made shrewd trades and picked up players like Drury and Briere among others...

so here we are no real moves the last couple of season and the team has been circling the drain since the lost to Carolina

And the same person who made those shrewd trades is now being run out of town by some fans.

Philagape
07-02-2008, 01:26 PM

Yup. The leaders of the Cup contending team came from somewhere else.

They left behind a mostly home-grown team that missed the playoffs.

Home-grown sucked for us.

SabreEleven
07-02-2008, 11:53 PM

Teppo is your answer?!?!?!....:spit: You, Darcy, Tom and Larry are all smoking the same ****....remember...puff, puff, give....

LABillsFan
07-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Max and Connolly are #1 and #2 in terms of who should go. Who's buying though??? If there was a fair offer for them, Darcy would pull the trigger. We do not know if anyone is actually showing interest in them however, not yet anyways.

LABillsFan
07-03-2008, 12:06 AM
I'd love to see Teppo back but in a reduced role. He's steady, smart, knows the game. He gets the puck out, calms things down and doesn't freeze. I don't think it'll happen though.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Sure Teppo as a 7th no problem(Although at this point in their careers I may prefer Pratt).

Although guys the one thing I will agree on is that we absolutely need to bring in a top 4 defensemen. He can either be tough and rugged or a puck mover but we do need that.

We have a top 3 set in stone:
Spacek
Hank
Lydman

We have 2 up and comers:
Weber
Sekera

Then there is Paetch who really took a step back last season.

In a perfect scenario we bring in a top 4 Dman and Paetch/Weber/Sekera(who ever shows the least early on) becomes a solid #7.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Max and Connolly are #1 and #2 in terms of who should go. Who's buying though??? If there was a fair offer for them, Darcy would pull the trigger. We do not know if anyone is actually showing interest in them however, not yet anyways.
Exactly. No one will trade for Connolly that is for sure. I feel there will probably be a couple takers for Max but to get anything substantial we would have to package a prospect or a pick.

Nighthawk
07-03-2008, 05:13 PM
The two things they really needed was a rugged Defenseman and a capable backup goalie. They addressed 1 so far. They need a tough stay at home dman and I think they will be fine.

What else to you feel the team needs?? Should they irresponsibly start throwing around contracts like Campbell got in a small market like Buffalo? If you as me I would be worried at the long term future of this team if they did. They are stacked with young talent. The Sabres are a team that will always build from within.

I agree, I don't want them throwing money around with no reasoning. However, the players on this team are not good enough. They don't have a great mix of character guys who can actually play and skilled players who play every night. They have zero leaders on this team. They don't have to address this through FA, but they NEED to trade away some of these soft players. Until that happens, this team is going nowhere.

Nighthawk
07-03-2008, 05:16 PM

I don't know if you're referring to me, but I'm not flipping out about them not getting anybody yet. However, I do argue whether the FO reasoning makes good hockey sense. Why would you not sign Orpik or Commodor? Both were relatively cheap and would have helped. I'd be happy with Smith signing, but I just don't believe that this organization has a clue on how to build a Cup contender.

Philagape
07-03-2008, 05:17 PM
I don't want to see Teppo ever play again, for the sake of his health and family. You don't gamble with your heart. Has a pro athlete ever played after open-heart surgery, especially at his age?

Nighthawk
07-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't want to see Teppo ever play again, for the sake of his health and family. You don't gamble with your heart. Has a pro athlete ever played after open-heart surgery, especially at his age?

Exactly! The Sabres even considering signing Teppo is plain stupid! What a waste of money and a roster spot that would be.

JD
07-04-2008, 01:55 PM

I still have faith in Connolly. He has some of the best hands in the entire league, and he is a play-making god with incredible vision. Don't be surprised if he leads the team in points this year.

LABillsFan
07-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I still have faith in Connolly. He has some of the best hands in the entire league, and he is a play-making god with incredible vision. Don't be surprised if he leads the team in points this year.

The only points he'll lead the Sabres in is frequent flyer points seeking medical specialists.

rbochan
07-05-2008, 10:54 AM
http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/imagecache/feature_img/files/promos/unbreakable3.jpg

raphael120
07-05-2008, 11:28 AM
I hope everyone likes Max cuz it seems like he aint goin nowhere! Max is to the Sabres as JP Losman is to the Bills.

Nighthawk
07-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I hope everyone likes Max cuz it seems like he aint goin nowhere! Max is to the Sabres as JP Losman is to the Bills.

An STD that you can't get rid of?

THATHURMANATOR
07-05-2008, 12:01 PM
I hear you but I can't put trust in the guy. He is so freaking fragile.

THATHURMANATOR
07-05-2008, 12:02 PM
LOL You are right here. I can't believe he is still here. Lets hope he plays like he did 2 years ago when I thought he actually turned the corner.

JD
07-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I hear you but I can't put trust in the guy. He is so freaking fragile.
I know. But I have hope that he wont be another Patty LaLaLand story.

LABillsFan
07-05-2008, 12:40 PM
I know. But I have hope that he wont be another Patty LaLaLand story.

Knowing his health issues, is a team really going to give up that much for him? The GM's know all about him, his skill and the liability.

rbochan
07-05-2008, 08:46 PM
The FO loves Max because he puts butts in the seats. Even if it's puck bunnies, that's tickets and jerseys sold.