Forked Thread: Senators getting raided - some FA stuff to remember.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: Senators getting raided - some FA stuff to remember.

Forked from: Senators getting raided

Originally posted by Crisis
    redden got $6.5M per...LOL what are the rags thinking
    Let's remember that teams HAVE to spend money. There is a minimum that they must spend. Let's also remember that during "summer" they can exceed the $56 million cap.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Forked Thread: Senators getting raided - some FA stuff to remember.

ok and that makes redden, a shell of his former self, worth 6 years @ 6.5M per?

if redden doesn't find his game that's a terrible contract.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
      ok and that makes redden, a shell of his former self, worth 6 years @ 6.5M per?

if redden doesn't find his game that's a terrible contract.
      regardless....teams will spend. I never said it was right.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

im just saying $6.5M should be getting you a #1 superstar defenseman, not a guy who was barely the #4 for ottawa last year, got replaced on the 1st PP unit, and is worse than campbell in the defensive zone.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

i dont disagree. but that isnt the game in the nhl any more

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            i dont disagree. but that isnt the game in the nhl any more
            like i said, it's like baseball now. If you want a good or even decent player, especially if they are young....you have to overpay a bit. Or sometimes more than a bit.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Sabres better allocate the money they are not spending in FA to the scouting department.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                Sabres better allocate the money they are not spending in FA to the scouting department.
                do you mean the same scouting apart that they ripped apart a few years ago when they decided that they only needed a couple scouts and computers to do the job?

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  do you mean the same scouting apart that they ripped apart a few years ago when they decided that they only needed a couple scouts and computers to do the job?
                  That would be the one, but seriously, they do have scouts that physically attend games.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                    That would be the one, but seriously, they do have scouts that physically attend games.
                    only a couple. They got rid of some. They took one of the best scouting staffs in the league and tore it up a few years agos. Sure they kept a few good ones, but they are not the same anymore. We'll see how all these kids in the minors do in 5 years, I'm betting it won't be as promising as people think.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      only a couple. They got rid of some. They took one of the best scouting staffs in the league and tore it up a few years agos. Sure they kept a few good ones, but they are not the same anymore. We'll see how all these kids in the minors do in 5 years, I'm betting it won't be as promising as people think.
                      They still have at least 10 human scouts. I'd say the scouting dept. is doing a fine job based on the young guys that have been brought in.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                      X