PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Senators getting raided - some FA stuff to remember.

Ebenezer
07-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Forked from: Senators getting raided (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2503973)

redden got $6.5M per...LOL what are the rags thinking

Let's remember that teams HAVE to spend money. There is a minimum that they must spend. Let's also remember that during "summer" they can exceed the $56 million cap.

Crisis
07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
ok and that makes redden, a shell of his former self, worth 6 years @ 6.5M per?

if redden doesn't find his game that's a terrible contract.

Ebenezer
07-01-2008, 10:39 PM
ok and that makes redden, a shell of his former self, worth 6 years @ 6.5M per?

if redden doesn't find his game that's a terrible contract.
regardless....teams will spend. I never said it was right.

Crisis
07-01-2008, 10:40 PM
im just saying $6.5M should be getting you a #1 superstar defenseman, not a guy who was barely the #4 for ottawa last year, got replaced on the 1st PP unit, and is worse than campbell in the defensive zone.

Ebenezer
07-01-2008, 10:49 PM
i dont disagree. but that isnt the game in the nhl any more

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:51 AM
i dont disagree. but that isnt the game in the nhl any more
like i said, it's like baseball now. If you want a good or even decent player, especially if they are young....you have to overpay a bit. Or sometimes more than a bit. :ill:

jamze132
07-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Sabres better allocate the money they are not spending in FA to the scouting department.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Sabres better allocate the money they are not spending in FA to the scouting department.
do you mean the same scouting apart that they ripped apart a few years ago when they decided that they only needed a couple scouts and computers to do the job? :ill:

jamze132
07-02-2008, 09:08 AM
do you mean the same scouting apart that they ripped apart a few years ago when they decided that they only needed a couple scouts and computers to do the job? :ill:
That would be the one, but seriously, they do have scouts that physically attend games.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 10:04 AM
That would be the one, but seriously, they do have scouts that physically attend games.
only a couple. They got rid of some. They took one of the best scouting staffs in the league and tore it up a few years agos. Sure they kept a few good ones, but they are not the same anymore. We'll see how all these kids in the minors do in 5 years, I'm betting it won't be as promising as people think.

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 11:26 AM
only a couple. They got rid of some. They took one of the best scouting staffs in the league and tore it up a few years agos. Sure they kept a few good ones, but they are not the same anymore. We'll see how all these kids in the minors do in 5 years, I'm betting it won't be as promising as people think.

They still have at least 10 human scouts. I'd say the scouting dept. is doing a fine job based on the young guys that have been brought in.