PDA

View Full Version : Tommy G.

SabreEleven
07-02-2008, 09:10 AM
would lose millions and millions of dollar on a election but when it comes to this team, he throws nickels around like man hole covers.

Did he not feel the electricity in HSBC when the Sabres were actually in the Playoffs? That has to be worth something.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 10:05 AM
I was wondering that myself. i read the article today about him throwing some of his millions to support like 3 Democrats from New York state running for the State Senate....yet the guy is cheap with the team. WTF! :mad:

I still say that he bought the team as an investment and will probably flip it in a few years when he needs extra cash to buy the Buffalo Bills.

ddaryl
07-02-2008, 12:44 PM
would lose millions and millions of dollar on a election but when it comes to this team, he throws nickels around like man hole covers.

Did he not feel the electricity in HSBC when the Sabres were actually in the Playoffs? That has to be worth something.

Well... ask yourself why many many of candidates over the last couple of decades have thrown 10's of million or more campaigning to be President of the USA. A job that only pays about 1 mil a year.

The fat cats no once they are in government they can sway enough decisions to make back that money 10 fold. Not only that but they end up sitting on corporate boards and all kinds of other perks that make a 10+ million investment into politics a worth while endeavor.

Unless you are an owner who is consumend about winning the big one, there is little incentive to spend personal money trying to win a championship... but politics... politics pays big time....

rbochan
07-03-2008, 07:01 AM
I'm disappointed.

I'm mostly disappointed in the fact that the FO seems to be content with the mediocrity of this last season and doesn't want to do anything about it. That doesn't instill a lot of confidence to the people who put their asses in the seats, eat the crappy food at the HSBC, and buy the jerseys and other swag in droves. World+dog knows the Sabres need to up their blueline, desperately, yet the FO sits and does nothing but spout more and more bull****.

Why does one run a hockey team? The point of having a hockey team is to WIN THE ****ING STANLEY CUP. No if's, and's, or but's. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm disappointed.

I'm mostly disappointed in the fact that the FO seems to be content with the mediocrity of this last season and doesn't want to do anything about it. That doesn't instill a lot of confidence to the people who put their asses in the seats, eat the crappy food at the HSBC, and buy the jerseys and other swag in droves. World+dog knows the Sabres need to up their blueline, desperately, yet the FO sits and does nothing but spout more and more bull****.

Why does one run a hockey team? The point of having a hockey team is to WIN THE ****ING STANLEY CUP. No if's, and's, or but's. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
Wait didn't they dish out 10 mil for Vanek last season and a 24 million dollar contract for Roy as well? Check out the Hossa to Detroit thread where there is a clear breakdown(at least to some) between revenues teams make and the salary cap. The Sabres made 74 mil last season(19th in the league) how do you expect them to pay the 56 mil cap, team expenses(travel, operating costs, Staff, coaches, equiptment etc) and still make a modest profit. You certainly are not crazy for wanting to win the cup because we all do badly but I think some need to take a close look at things before they acuse the FO of trying to sabotage the team.