PDA

View Full Version : Lalame : Better than Thibault?

raphael120
07-02-2008, 11:44 AM
I think the Sabres missed the boat when they were trying to pick up a goalie. They waited way too long and were one of the LAST teams to sign a backup goalie. There was a huge run on them and I believe the Sabres got stuck with leftovers. I really don't see Lalame much better on ice, but I do see him being a better veteran presence in the locker room and a stand up guy...how that translates when he's on the ice actually playing remains to be seen...

but as i see it right now, i see it as a minor upgrade and he better be able to play at least 15 games and win half of them.

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I would say he is the same because the signing is exactly the same as last season but I think it will be a minor upgrade. Thibault was absolutely terrible. I think Lalime will hold his own and win us some games and give Miller the rest he needs.

User Manuel
07-02-2008, 12:02 PM
He will be excellent. He is an extremely good goalie.

Michael82
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
i'm not sold on him and worry that he's another Thibault. Then again, I also believe that if T-Bo got more than one game every 10-15 games, he might have gotten more comfortable and done well as the backup.

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
He is certainly better suited to be a backup and coming off a better season than Thibault. The key Ruff must adhere to finally is that he must trust Lalime even if he has a bad couple games at the beginning.

RockStar36
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I have a feeling that Thibault was doing other things not seen by the typical fan to give Ruff the feeling that he shouldn't trust him.

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Possibly but Lindy has a history of not using his backup goalie. Only when we had Miller and biron and Miller was injured did a backup receive any significant playing time.

Dr. Pepper
07-02-2008, 03:20 PM
it's not really possible for him to be worse than Thibault. this is an improvement.