PDA

View Full Version : Question #16: Will Ko Simpson return to form?

The Spaz
07-02-2008, 01:40 PM
When Ko Simpson walked out onto the turf in the Bills Fieldhouse in May he was apprehensive. Testing his surgically repaired ankle was going to be easier said than done. He had just finished eight months of rehab and training. He didn't want to blow it in a matter of seconds. But his teammates convinced him it was time.

"Whenever you come back from an injury you're going to be timid," said fellow safety Donte Whitner. "As soon as we took the field and you can ask Ko what I said to him. I said, 'Ko trust your ankle. It's healed and you just have to trust it.'"

"I was scared to test it," admitted Simpson. "But once I got out there Donte and all the boys said, 'Ko you've just got to test the ankle. Just try it, just try it.' So that's what I did."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6195

R. Rich
07-02-2008, 01:47 PM
What form? Simpson wasn't all that impressive before getting hurt. I hope for the best, but I don't know where this revisionist history concerning the abilities of Ko Simpson comes from.

The Spaz
07-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I thought he played decent as a rookie and last year was a lost season.

R. Rich
07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I thought he played decent as a rookie and last year was a lost season.

He got to a LOT of plays late as a rookie. W/ Troy Vincent, it was understood why he got there late (old, banged up). Can't say the same for Ko.

As I said, I hope he'll be an all pro, but he was a long way from that. A very long way.

mysticsoto
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
What form? Simpson wasn't all that impressive before getting hurt. I hope for the best, but I don't know where this revisionist history concerning the abilities of Ko Simpson comes from.
You remember that big hit he put on Culpepper 2 yrs ago on a delayed blitz???

R. Rich
07-02-2008, 01:58 PM
You remember that big hit he put on Culpepper 2 yrs ago on a delayed blitz???

I stand corrected: he was an all pro.

justasportsfan
07-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I stand corrected: he was an all pro.
no one said anything about him getting back to an all pro form.
He did show a ton of promise as a rookie. thats most likely the form they are talking about.

Jan Reimers
07-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Ko was a rookie who showed promise as a playmaker. Hopefully, he will continue to develop.

yordad
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I think he will be a stud. He did a good job as a rookie FS. I think he has a very bright future.

Oaf
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Both G Wils and J Greer won't go without a fight. Greer and Simpson are starters opening day IMO.

DraftBoy
07-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Welcome to the Billszone, where every Bills player is an All-Pro. Dont dare question that either!

Mr. Pink
07-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the Billszone, where every Bills player is an All-Pro. Dont dare question that either!

AMEN to that.

I was gonna say Ko had a form? He still hasn't proven himself to be anything in this league, good bad or indifferent.

DraftBoy
07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
AMEN to that.

I was gonna say Ko had a form? He still hasn't proven himself to be anything in this league, good bad or indifferent.

Nice to have you back.

The Spaz
07-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Exactly don't question DB's draft knowledge...

DraftBoy
07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Exactly don't question DB's draft knowledge...

Well when you either speak from only blind loyalty that whatever our FO does is the word from god himself or blind ignorance Im going to challenge you on it. Either step up to the plate and play in the big boy league or take yourself back to the bench. Its really not a hard thing to comprehend for most people...

Jan Reimers
07-03-2008, 05:09 AM
Absolutely. Most of us are simply fans. We want our team to win. We want our FO to pick the best players. We want our players to be great.

Most of us are not football analysts or pundits or gurus. Most of us have real jobs and real lives which sometimes are dull, frustrating, difficult or even unhappy.

As Bills' fans - particularly at this time of year, when we're undefeated and anything can happen - we can get away from our daily lives a little and dream, suspend belief, find hope, and imagine the best for the Bills.

We're all fans in our own way. I just feel sorry for those that either treat being a fan as a job, or an analytical exercise, or as an opportunity to continually criticize and complain. They miss the real joy of being a fan.

R. Rich
07-03-2008, 08:46 AM

[Blinders on]Of course! Now I see it.[Blinders off]

Absolutely. Most of us are simply fans. We want our team to win. We want our FO to pick the best players. We want our players to be great.

Most of us are not football analysts or pundits or gurus. Most of us have real jobs and real lives which sometimes are dull, frustrating, difficult or even unhappy.

As Bills' fans - particularly at this time of year, when we're undefeated and anything can happen - we can get away from our daily lives a little and dream, suspend belief, find hope, and imagine the best for the Bills.

We're all fans in our own way. I just feel sorry for those that either treat being a fan as a job, or an analytical exercise, or as an opportunity to continually criticize and complain. They miss the real joy of being a fan.

JR, I know you don't think of me as someone who criticizes and complains "continually" 'bout the Bills, do you? I just feel, maybe foolishly so, that there is some room 'tween "I am a fan 'cause I feel that everything the Bills do is great" and "I must not be a fan, 'cause this team sucks".

gr8slayer
07-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Will he return to form? God I hope not, he's going to have to be a lot better than his former "form" if he's going to make much of an impact.

DraftBoy
07-03-2008, 01:14 PM

Ah I forgot about this part of the BZ. The either you're with us or against us mentality.

Every player is an all-pro and if you dont buy it, you're not a real fan! My mistake, thank you for the correction.

John Doe
07-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I believe that the "form" that the writer refers to are Simpson's physical skills - speed, agility, the ability to make adjustments with hard cuts. There should be little doubt that Simpson was a talented athlete before the injury.

I don't recall the writer ever describing Simpson as an all-pro, but if some posters want to create that "strawman" then that is their right.

Confused
07-04-2008, 12:57 PM
I think we are in a world of **** at SS and FS.

Whitner needs to step up bigtime. With our new line and healthy LBs, hopefully he can break out.

Simpson just needs to show up. I wasnt that impressed by him when he was healthy. Wilson is the DiGi of safeties. we are still very weak at DB. And thats me being optimistic. catch me on a peesimist day and you'll really hear how i feel. God, I hope I am wrong.

Marvelous
07-05-2008, 02:25 AM
What form? He wasn't aweome, so how can he return to that?
---He was up & coming so i'll comment.. Yeah i think he continues his progression.
--But man did he take some poor angles. NOt as bad as the Horrible ones that i saw Troy Vincent take(@FS), but the kid was outta position alot.. Guess that's' natural and common for rookie FS's to get lost at times.. I mean the other teams O-coords get paid too right..... :D

Marvelous
07-05-2008, 01:56 PM
George Wilson sure looked like a pro bowler against Dallas monday night...

mysticsoto
07-07-2008, 06:15 AM
George Wilson sure looked like a pro bowler against Dallas monday night...

Don't forget against Miami - that was by far his best game. I would have loved to see how he finished it. Too bad the injury bug bit. He was finally getting an opportunity to shine and I think he would have shown brighter than most people think!