Forked Thread: If Lynch was drunk when he hit and ran - Why target just Lynch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: If Lynch was drunk when he hit and ran - Why target just Lynch??

Forked from: If Lynch was drunk when he hit and ran... I want him cut from the team.

Originally posted by Pride
    Yeah... I said it... I want anyone who drinks and drives, especially it includes a hit and run, cut from the team that I support.

Substance abuse violations are one thing, disorderly conduct as well... but when you get drunk and get behind the wheel... you put the lives of wives and children in jeopardy... and that is something I can't and won't support.

The longer this situation goes on... the more respect I lose for Marshawn.
    A lot of questions here...this isn't an isolated case. It happens to others. Other people have no regard for their fellow members of society. Does anybody stop using products of companies that have execs and employees who do what ML did? Do you stop using their products when they committ other crimes against society if the employee is not fired?

......be very careful with that one, especially with evaporating pensions.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Re: Forked Thread: If Lynch was drunk when he hit and ran - Why target just Lynch??

First and foremost, until it is PROVEN, Marshawn wasnt drunk. You libs can distort the constitution to suit your agendas when it suits you. so I say innocent til proven guilty.

Knee jerk reactions aside, DUI is a pretty common crime. And short of reinstating prohibition, stiffer and siffer penalties is all we can do to stop it.
    so far as boycotting, I think you could find much more pressing issues than DUI as grounds for boycott.

LEAVE POOR MARSHAWN ALONE!!!!
    He has been punished as per the law dictates(horrible grammar hoof). The case is closed.

Didnt Ray Lewis Kill someone? go boycott the Ravens for crissakes.

Didnt

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Re: Forked Thread: If Lynch was drunk when he hit and ran - Why target just Lynch??

The Marshawn case is over. We should all get over it as well. There is nothing to be gained, no matter what your opinion may be, by rehashing this thing ad infinetum, ad nauseum.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        The Marshawn case is over. We should all get over it as well. There is nothing to be gained, no matter what your opinion may be, by rehashing this thing ad infinetum, ad nauseum.
        and the ball keeps rollin on and on, the ball keeps rollin...

Thank you for speaking some sense.

I dont know that our president getting a BJ in the oval office got this much attention.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

I think people missed the point of this thread...Pride wanted ML cut because of the incident...I was asking an honest question. Do people scream this loudly when things like this happen in the non sports world. I thought this was a pretty legit question. It had nothing to do with liberals or conservatives or rehashing.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Pride wanted ML cut because of the incident
            Consider the source.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
              Consider the source.
              NT, that is not my point. For a month now we have listened to and read from people who are so outraged. Do they have the same outrage for "average people" and companies or just sports celebs?

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Come on Eb. Just look at what's considered "news" these days.

Our whole society thrives on brain dead celebrity, real or invented.

I know what point you're trying to make. It's a valid one.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                  • Jul 2002

When Darryl Talley was arrested for drunk driving (which from what I heard he wouldn't have been if he hadn't told the officer he was going to do a sex act on the cop's wife) was the same guy calling for him to be cut too, and does he want him off the wall?

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

When you have a friend die in a head on collision with a drunk driver... come back and talk to me.

I still hold firm to what I said. IF... and that is spelled I-F, Marshawn is ever proven to have been drunk while driving, regardless of if he hit someone... I'd still want him cut.

I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers... professional NFL players or the guy down the street.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

When you have a friend die in a head on collision with a drunk driver... come back and talk to me.

I still hold firm to what I said. IF... and that is spelled I-F, Marshawn is ever proven to have been drunk while driving, regardless of if he hit someone... I'd still want him cut.

I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers... professional NFL players or the guy down the street.
                      But do you think others should lose their job for DWI?
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Pride, again my point has been missed. Are other people/companies held to the same standard? Am I not asking the question properly or can't people answer it?

Comment

• Pride
                          • Jul 2002

I did answer your question. A co-worker of mine use to Drive Drunk every weekend. He had been busted twice before, and even served some jail time at one point. But he got out and kept on doing it... because partying and drinking was worth the 6 days in jail he spent.

IMO, if you are caught driving drunk... your license should be immediately revoked for 1 year, get 30 days in jail, and your employer should have the right to immediately fire you. Second offense is a large fine ($5,000?) and 1 year in jail.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

I did answer your question. A co-worker of mine use to Drive Drunk every weekend. He had been busted twice before, and even served some jail time at one point. But he got out and kept on doing it... because partying and drinking was worth the 6 days in jail he spent.

IMO, if you are caught driving drunk... your license should be immediately revoked for 1 year, get 30 days in jail, and your employer should have the right to immediately fire you. Second offense is a large fine ($5,000?) and 1 year in jail.
                            While I am not tolerating DWI (at all), do you think other offenses should allow the firing of a person by an employee and how do you draw the line?
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

but do you want him fired? If he worked for another company would you want him fired? Would you stop using a product/service that he/that company created? Those were my questions. I am not trying to put you on the spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X