PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Searching for Blueliners

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
“We are still exploring really looking for a defenseman,” he said in a press conference Wednesday afternoon at HSBC Arena. “We’re still working. I’ve been on the phone this morning and we will continue to work.”

Although a slue of blueliners found new homes the opening day of free agency, Regier remains confident that there are good options still available for the organization.

“What I experienced… is yesterday we were making the calls, and today we are getting the calls,” he said. “That for me is positive news and it tells me that players are recognizing, looking at it and saying Buffalo would be a good place to play.”

According to Regier the right fit for the team remains the chief factor in finding a player.

“It’s as much about experience and fitting in with this group as well as being sound defensively,” he said. “And we will look at the offensive side too…. We think Reggie Sekera can cover off a little bit of that but we will look on that side as well.”
http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367599

could one of those options could be throwing a offer sheet at a RFA? say Bouwmeister and risk the loss of 4 first round draft choices. Don't be surprised!

Jay Bouwmeester Defense Florida Panthers $2,250,000 Restricted Free Agent