PDA

View Full Version : Bills should try to hire farve to tutor edwards

wbat27
07-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Just throwing this out there but i honestly think that he is the guy who could mentor edwards into somthing special. Probaly wouldn't jump ship if he was to do somthing similar to this it would be in green bay

casdhf
07-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Favre (supposedly) wants to play, not tutor.

Mitchy moo
07-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Just throwing this out there but i honestly think that he is the guy who could mentor edwards into somthing special. Probaly wouldn't jump ship if he was to do somthing similar to this it would be in green bay

Farve has an itch to play the report said, I cannot see him coaching. I can't remember where I have seen your idea lately, hmmmm....

Turf
07-03-2008, 07:47 AM
The whole idea for Farve was to get away from football. If he's going to be near it he can still play, I don't see why he would watch it from the sidelines. Maybe in 5 years ....

Thurmal
07-03-2008, 07:55 AM
This would be the worst thing for Edwards.

Favre would only want to play and spend NO time mentoring him at all (i.e. Aaron Rodgers).

THATHURMANATOR
07-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Why don't we hire him to actually be our Starter.

justasportsfan
07-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Why don't we hire him to actually be our Starter.
he cries too much.

djjimkelly
07-03-2008, 08:57 AM
favre and losman are buddies also so im all for it lol. losman has spent lots of time with favre at his ranch

but the thought is delusional it will never happen

gr8slayer
07-03-2008, 09:05 AM
pass....

PromoTheRobot
07-03-2008, 09:09 AM
For those who can't remember that far back, Favre was throwing INT's like souvenir T-shirts his last couple of seasons. I don't think we want Edwards or JP learning the finer points "toss it up and pray."

Besides Favre will sign with Atlanta...that's right folks, you read it here first! Favre to the Falcons.

PTR

justasportsfan
07-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't think we want Edwards or JP learning the finer points "toss it up and pray."

PTRToss it up and pray won sb's. It also saved our franchise with DF to Moulds.

With that being said, pass on Farve. His best days are behind him.

Mitchy moo
07-03-2008, 10:23 AM
favre and losman are buddies also so im all for it lol. losman has spent lots of time with favre at his ranch

but the thought is delusional it will never happen

Sounds like a brokeback situation, LOL.

PECKERWOOD
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
If Favre plays it will be for Green Bay.

gr8slayer
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM
If Favre plays it will be for Green Bay.
I wouldn't be so sure.

The Green Bay Press Gazette confirms through multiple sources that Brett Favre has indeed contacted the Packers about returning, and that his relationship with GM Ted Thompson partly led to his retirement. There is no doubt Favre talked to coach Mike McCarthy about coming back two weeks ago, despite Favre's claims to the contrary. It's also clear through Favre's family and this report that Thompson doesn't want Favre back. The Gazette says Favre would have "un-retired" as early as May if Thompson had asked him back, but that didn't happen. Thompson reportedly isn't returning Favre's agents calls. This is all a little childish on both sides, but Favre can force Thompson's hand by being definitive about his plans. It's debatable whether he'll be willing to do so.

raphael120
07-03-2008, 12:36 PM
............ugh