Bills Need Toronto, but do Raptors Need Buffalo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Posted by: Ed Kilgore 12 hrs ago

By Ch2 Sports Director Ed Kilgore

So it only makes sense that the Toronto Raptors would want to bring some NBA games to Buffalo to show their gratitude for the fact Buffalo will be loaning T-O the Bills for a few games, right?

Well, the answer is both yes and no on that one, as I see it.

From the Bills' perspective, they NEED to make inroads into Toronto's lucrative market to hopefully solidify their future in Buffalo even AR (after Ralph). Even NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell jumped all over that concept recently, assuring Bills' fans the regionalization expansion northward is great for the Bills' future in Buffalo, and would by NO means auger the Bills eventual move up the QEW.

It's almost surprising how many media folks in Canada picked up the Commish's words, and maybe it's my imagination, but there were some sighs of relief in parts of Canada where they still value the CFL as their own and something NOT American..................

~The Answer
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Need Toronto, but do Raptors Need Buffalo?

The Raptors need us - not. The richest city in Canada with a population of three million? Yeah, like they need to attract the 25-40,000 NBA fans here.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

oklahoma city got a basketball team. i think the NBA has many other issues right now from game fixing to the fact it lost its luster from the 90s.

plus buffalo will always be a hockey town in the winter and not a basketball town.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

I would love to catch a Raptors game.

Comment

• BillyT92679
          • Jul 2002

This would be great... they are a terrific and very exciting team to watch. Why not play ONE regular season game here?

There is such an incredible anti-NBA sentiment which I think would be mitigated with the playing of just one meaningful game.
          Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

Working...
          X