Bills going to have a right and left defensive tackle instead of a designated nose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Bills going to have a right and left defensive tackle instead of a designated nose

A lunch pail player, who has been among the team leaders in tackles for loss in each of his two seasons, Williams has toiled at the nose tackle position each of his first two NFL seasons. But that could change this season as the team is going to have a right and left defensive tackle instead of a designated nose and three-technique (outside shade of the guard).
    Why are we changing now that we have acquired Stroud?

"Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills going to have a right and left defensive tackle instead of a designated nose

Both McCargo and Stroud are capable of playing the 1 tech and 3 tech as are Williams and Spencer Johnson. I think Fewell envisions them switching in order to keep offenses guessing.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Re: Bills going to have a right and left defensive tackle instead of a designated nose

Originally posted by TigerJ
      Both McCargo and Stroud are capable of playing the 1 tech and 3 tech as are Williams and Spencer Johnson. I think Fewell envisions them switching in order to keep offenses guessing.
      We need something to keep them guessing.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Stroud and Williams will start.

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6198
          Because now we have atleast 3 DTs who can play both when last year we had Tripplet who could play neither.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

The only thing that worries me is giving the call on where to line up to them rather than the coach. Im wondering if we could blow calls and get eaten up the middle. Of course, Poz will be waiting.

However, the Giants and other squads have their DT's bounce around and it can really cause havoc.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I think this says that we basically have 4 interchangable DTs, although I would look for Stroud and McCargo to get a little more time - unless Johnson is really good.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

i suspect they are going to ride stroud pretty consistently, then frequently rotate the other three for situational considerations and to keep them fresh

johnson will be the slash of the dl and play every position
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

This is going to blow up in the Bills' face...

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bling
                    There's a greater chance that the Dols going to a 3-4, relying on a 33-year old NT and a bunch of guys best-suited for a 4-3 will blow up than the Bills' defense.

Comment

• Bling
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal
                      There's a greater chance that the Dols going to a 3-4, relying on a 33-year old NT and a bunch of guys best-suited for a 4-3 will blow up than the Bills' defense.
                      I don't disagree.

Comment

• methos4ever
                        • Apr 2004

Re: Bills going to have a right and left defensive tackle instead of a designated nos

Originally posted by Bling
                        Does it blow up in their face (or any NFL team's face) when the strength of the offense determines where the "strong side" linebacker lines up? This is something that is pretty basic: you see where the strength of the offense is, you line your linebacker and 1Tech / Nose where that is and everything falls into place.

It's not as if they're going to stop, look at everything and then ask the coach where to line up, then try and line up and OH NO - the offense has run the play.

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

I dont really get it we are running the 4-3...

there is no traditional nose in the 4-3...

It is all in how they line up I guess.
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                          X