X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: Orpik says Sabres - WHAT IF ORPIK HAD NOT BEEN BORN IN BUFFALO

Forked from: Orpik says Sabres never made him an offer

Originally posted by Philagape
    Orpik says Sabres never made him an offer
    By John Vogl - News Sports Reporter
    The Buffalo Sabres were convinced Brooks Orpik would command too much money. So they never even made him a contract offer.
    Would fans have been so in a hurry to sign Orpik to a $4mill a year contract if he were not from Buffalo originally?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Forked Thread: Orpik says Sabres - WHAT IF ORPIK HAD NOT BEEN BORN IN BUFFALO

Losman Wins surely wouldn't! Personally it's not make or break for me. He had a good post season run but that doesn't make it a lock that he'd be good for us. As long as we address the issue at hand, I'm ok with it not behing HIM in particular.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Re: Forked Thread: Orpik says Sabres - WHAT IF ORPIK HAD NOT BEEN BORN IN BUFFALO

I just like what he did in the playoffs.
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

No.

He had one good season.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

BTW, Rivet is right now better than Orpik. Obviously for the long term Orpik might be better but Rivet is physical and can score too.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            BTW, Rivet is right now better than Orpik. Obviously for the long term Orpik might be better but Rivet is physical and can score too.
            Orpik will cost more in the future if he is that good.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              Orpik will cost more in the future if he is that good.
              and he will produce more in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X