• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

ESPN is kinda pisssing me off..........

Not even close?? That's just a F-in joke to say. We have a pretty solid O-line, one of the best special teams, upgraded our D and have some weapons on offense. Now, I'll give you that it's all unproven up to this point but my god, not even close?? Bill Williamson is going to eat those words, asswipe he is.

Buffalo Bills: The Bills appear committed to the young Trent Edwards. Favre would be an upgrade at this point, sure. But the Bills are not close to being a Super Bowl contender, and developing Edwards should be the priority.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=williamson_bill&id=3474482
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Re: ESPN is kinda pisssing me off..........

aside from scores and stats, ESPN is crap. I dont give a **** what they say

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Skooby
      Not even close?? That's just a F-in joke to say. We have a pretty solid O-line, one of the best special teams, upgraded our D and have some weapons on offense. Now, I'll give you that it's all unproven up to this point but my god, not even close?? Bill Williamson is going to eat those words, asswipe he is.

Buffalo Bills: The Bills appear committed to the young Trent Edwards. Favre would be an upgrade at this point, sure. But the Bills are not close to being a Super Bowl contender, and developing Edwards should be the priority.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ill&id=3474482

Can you really blame them? I dont think we're close to contending for a superbowl, until we can prove that we can beat the patriots in the near future, we're no where close..we'll see how good we do this year.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

If we had a consistent quarterback I would say we were in the superbowl hunt for sure. As of now I think we are 1 and done playoff team, but if Trent can produce consistently without losing games then we are a superbowl contender.

I was talking about the Bills picking up Favre yesterday with another Bills fan and we decided it would be worth a shot for a year. How could you not want a hall of fame quarterback witha couple good years left in his tank leading this team. We have the weapons on offense aside from tight end. Our defense will be nasty as hell this year. Special Tames always great, so I dont know how you could say we dont have a shot with Brett Favre at the helm, or Trent Edwards for that matter.
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
          If we had a consistent quarterback I would say we were in the superbowl hunt for sure. As of now I think we are 1 and done playoff team, but if Trent can produce consistently without losing games then we are a superbowl contender.

I was talking about the Bills picking up Favre yesterday with another Bills fan and we decided it would be worth a shot for a year. How could you not want a hall of fame quarterback witha couple good years left in his tank leading this team. We have the weapons on offense aside from tight end. Our defense will be nasty as hell this year. Special Tames always great, so I dont know how you could say we dont have a shot with Brett Favre at the helm, or Trent Edwards for that matter.
          Because our defense isnt that nasty, its a big quesiton mark..D-Line, if stroud can stay healthy an if McCargo can turn out to be the first round pick he is..Schoebel has been struggling and kelsay..well, he's kelsay..ellis is a rookie and spencer johnson and kyle williams are still unproven....LBers are solid, poz is still a ? an has health issues, he didnt even hurt his knees so we have to watch out for that..Mithcell and Crowell are solid..CB's are still a huge ? McGee isn't great in coverage but is solid i guess..and Leodis, a rookie hasnt played at the NFL level...Donte Whitner needs to step it up an play like the 9th overall safety he is..an Ko Simpson hasnt played at all, broken ankle first game..so to say we have a nasty defense that will win us a championship, is a little rediculous..

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

What would you say about a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
              What would you say about a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years?
              Their due.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

we have dick jauron as our head coach we are not close just based on that

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

You have a mediocre D-Line, mediocre O-Line, developing QB, thug RB, unsure of who's your #2, an injury plagued MLB, no shutdown corner, bust SS, and to top it off a horrendous head coach. Yeah, a Super Bowl bid should be comprehensible to any non-Bills fan.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Last year this time no one thought the Giants would be close to contending for the SB either. They were supposed to be 8-8, ranked #17.

View the 2024 NFL power index on ESPN. The FPI is the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Bling
                      You have a mediocre D-Line, mediocre O-Line, developing QB, thug RB, unsure of who's your #2, an injury plagued MLB, no shutdown corner, bust SS, and to top it off a horrendous head coach. Yeah, a Super Bowl bid should be comprehensible to any non-Bills fan.

But we'll still be able to kick **** out of Miami.
                      "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                      We are the Rockpile
                      We are the Rockpile
                      BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

The Super Bowl is not won in pre-season predictions. ESPN is all about marketing and ratings. They like to pimp up the big citiy teams to increase viewers and crap on the little cities so I can care less what they say.
                        The Bills also need to prove they are legit. For the last 8 years they have not showed much.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

We have a lot of question marks to be sure.

First and foremost is the quarterback position. Here are some other notable ones...

- a former Pro Bowl DT with a history of injuries. Not to mention a whole slew of players seem to be counting on him to make the difference.

- a grouping of CBs that seems littered with a handful of top notch nickel backs to go with an unproven, small school 11th overall draft pick.

- a safety group that has done squat. the most promising one of the bunch to this point happens to have switched from being a wide out just last year.

- defensive ends who don't seem to really scare too many opposing teams.

- a "brand new" offensive coordinator who was on the staff of last year's pathetic staff.

- a "star" wide reciever who is heading into free agency and has a liking for the Erie County's most famous gardener.

- no proven commodity at tight end

- no proven legitmate 2nd wide reciever aside from a promising 2nd round athletic freak who likes to point guns at his dad during family time.

- a door mat for a center with little to no depth elsewhere on the oline.

- a head coach who has a losing record over many years.

- a d-coordinator who is fresh out of excuses.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                            But we'll still be able to kick **** out of Miami.
                            We do have that going for us.

Comment

• DrGraves
                              • Mar 2008

im sure they said the giants werent even close last year too...

Comment

Working...
                              X