PDA

View Full Version : Who is your biggest bust and biggest plus Bill??

HHURRICANE
07-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Bust=Stroud

Plus=Hardy

I think Hardy style of play is well suited for the NFL. His size should be a equalizer against his learning curve.

Stroud is/was injured. I'm afraid that we might be getting someone else's leftovers.

DraftBoy
07-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Bust=Edwards

Alot hyping surrounding a guy who showed that he has tons to still learn last year. A lot of people are counting on him to lead us over the hump, Im not sure he is ready yet.

Plus=Johnson
Under the radar DT with big time pass rush ability could be a better DT pickup than Stroud when all is said and done.

streetkings01
07-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Bust = K. Mitchell

Plus = McKelvin

I think people are overhyping Mithcell because of a good game against the Bills and Pats in the Super Bowl! IMO there's a reason this guy is on his 3rd team in 3 years.

McKelvin will be our #1 CB by midseason IMO. Jauron has a habit of making us believe that a vet will be starting in place of our 1st rd pick(he has done this the past 2 seasons) only to have to #1 pick starting on opening day or the next!

The Spaz
07-07-2008, 08:08 AM
I'll tel you when we start playing.

HHURRICANE
07-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Good posts so far. All of them legit possibilities.

I hope Edwards is the guy but he could be a huge bust possibility.

OpIv37
07-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Bust=Schobel. The guy doesn't earn his paycheck or live up to the hype. He has no inside move and is essentially an outside speed-rusher, although he isn't very fast.

Plus=McCargo. I know- I was hard on him at this time last year and never thought I'd be saying this, but now he's playing next to Stroud and Johnson instead of Tripplett and Anderson. I really think this could be a breakout year for him.

Pinkerton Security
07-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Bust = K. Mitchell

Plus = McKelvin

I think people are overhyping Mithcell because of a good game against the Bills and Pats in the Super Bowl! IMO there's a reason this guy is on his 3rd team in 3 years.

McKelvin will be our #1 CB by midseason IMO. Jauron has a habit of making us believe that a vet will be starting in place of our 1st rd pick(he has done this the past 2 seasons) only to have to #1 pick starting on opening day or the next!

I dont have any stellar outlook for Mitchell, he is a pretty solid guy who wont wow anyone but seems to get the job done. Havent watched film on him or anything but he seems to be around the ball alot, is a solid in run support, and is an upgrade over Ellison. I just dont think he has that BUST factor because I personally dont expect him to have 150 tackles, 10 sacks and 5 picks, just be better than Ellison.

Historian
07-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Bust-Whitner
Plus-Lindell

The Answer
07-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Bust: Poz

Plus: Schouman

The Poz needs to stay healthy because he's going to have an uphill battle trying to unseat The Digi as starter.

The Schouman has the potential to be a Chris Cooley type of player in this offense.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
07-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Based on play ON the field..

Bust: WHitner

Plus: Langston Walker (and I dont even think its close)

Night Train
07-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Bust = Kyle Williams.
He can't anchor. Pray for a healthy Stroud.

Plus = McKelvin
I saw film of him last fall & realized he was a rare talent. The Senior Bowl practices confirmed my opinion he could start immediately. I haven't seen recognition & closing skills in such a young CB since Darryl Green in 1983.

hydro
07-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Bust - Schobel: Never been impressed with him. Anytime I key in what he is doing, it involves him over pursuing and just getting pushed out of the play. Garbage time sacks are his specialty.

Plus - Hardy: I believe with this guy being our only big target, he will get plenty of work in and become more and more of a solid target throughout the season.

OpIv37
07-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I could see both Whitner and K Williams being busts. Whitner has yet to live up to the hype of being the #8 pick and rarely gets his hands on the ball. Granted, he hasn't had a lot of help from the FS spot or pressure on the QB, but this year those excuses should go away. Time to put up or shut up.

Williams played surprisingly well for a rookie in his first season, but was useless last season. Hopefully it was a sophomore slump and he'll rebound- but it could go either way.

If Stroud stays healthy, he won't be a bust, but that's a big "if".

VeggieMan14
07-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Bust- Edwards

Despite that i think he is the answer this year he has bust written all over him if things don't go right but hopefully they do

Plus- Spencer Johnson/ McCargo

This guy flew under the radar in Minnesota and i think he will be very good for us on the Dline and i think McCargo is ready to take a step up from last year

PECKERWOOD
07-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Bust - Trent Edwards: I was excited for him during his rookie campaign, however his knick for getting knacked up still has me very concerned with his longterm viability in Buffalo.

Plus - Freddy Jackson: At times he was our most exciting player on offense last year, so I look for Buffalo to use him some more this year. Everytime I saw Freddy with the ball he was breaking off some nice runs and he ran really pretty.

chernobylwraiths
07-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Bust = Hardy

Plus = Fine

IMO bust is a guy who you expect to be good and isn't while a plus is someone you expect nothing from and get more

I think Hardy will try, but not get a whole lot of time in nor will he get many stats. I think he will need a year in the offense to produce and many won't give him that time before they start with the word bust. I only think bust because so many will be expecting more from him.

With Fine, I think absolutely nothing is expected of him and I think he we be a pleasant surprise for many. He will be a bigger target than many expect.

DrGraves
07-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Bust- evans
Plus- digiorgio

raphael120
07-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I'll do one for defense and one for offense for each catagory.

Bust: Whitner, Jauron/Schonert

Plus: Ko Simpson, Brad Butler

Based on expectations, I think Whitner will be very average and show he was never worth the 8th overall pick, and I think Ko Simpson will be the one who will be the lone bright spot at the safety position and surprise many by making more plays than Whitner. I think Jauron will lose us at least a couple close games yet again this season and that will ultimately ruin our playoff chances and Schonert will not give us much more on offense than we've already seen in past seasons. I think Brad Butler will show he belongs in this league as a starter and will be integral in the run game.

Mr. Miyagi
07-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey HH you know something?

Bust and Plus don't actually rhyme.

RockStar36
07-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Bust - Hardy

Plus - McCargo

I think Hardy will eventually be a good #2 WR but I'm not sure if he can live up to the fans expectations in his rookie season. I don't think it if very often that a rookie WR lights up the league the way people are expecting him to do. In fact, he wouldn't be a bust in the normal sense but I think based on his expectations he will fall short of those.

Mr. Miyagi
07-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Stud = Poz, Hardy
Dud = Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson

The Answer
07-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Bust- evans
Plus- digiorgio

The Digi is going to have a M.O.N.S.T.E.R. season - I can't wait! :bandwagon

~The Answer

Night Train
07-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Bust- evans
Plus- digiorgio

:rofl:

Question - Is their water in Bizarro World ?

chernobylwraiths
07-07-2008, 04:25 PM
:rofl:

Question - Is their water in Bizarro World ?

there

:D

tampabay25690
07-07-2008, 05:15 PM
BUST: Terrence Mcgee he was an ELITE Special teamer and now is the #1 CB on the team. Don't think he would be a #2 on other teams...

PLUS: I have alot of guys on here STROUD this guy will be hungry I think and will make this DEFENSE into a top 10 in the NFL

yordad
07-08-2008, 12:58 AM
There is like 20 guys who could go either way.

SeatownBillsFan21
07-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Bust-Kyle Williams is not worth that kinda of $.
Plus-Stroud if he shines than we could contend for a top 10 defense and make a run for the playoffs.Or Whitner

Mr. Pink
07-08-2008, 03:55 AM
Bust - Poz
Plus - Moorman

Luisito23
07-08-2008, 03:58 AM
Bust - Whitner....:down:

Plus - Stroud :up:

X-Era
07-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Bust=Stroud

Plus=Hardy

I think Hardy style of play is well suited for the NFL. His size should be a equalizer against his learning curve.

Stroud is/was injured. I'm afraid that we might be getting someone else's leftovers.

Bust= Trent Edwards
Plus= Trent Edwards

Not being cute. The truth is, he could go either way. We dont know enough to call it yet. This full year will show his true colors.

He is absolutely critical to our success. At times, I see the next Tom Brady (Plus), other times I see the next Kelly Holcomb (Bust).

He has the line. he has the weapons, he should excel. We will just have to wait and see.